What's In Your Advent Calendar?

i didn't grow up getting advent calendars (my family doesn't celebrate christmas) but in the past few years, i normally pick up a discounted chocolate advent calendar to eat in january once everything is marked down LOL last year i think i got a kinder advent calendar and it was delicious!

View attachment 523884
today's jam was apricot and banana ! wasn't sure how i felt at first but it grew on me - a 7/10 for today. on a buttery scone with clotted cream.... and a tiny hot chocolate for good measure.

this looks so yummy omg! and that's a flavour combo i wouldn't have even considered but it looks so delicious!

Day 3: chocolate chip

Better than Day 2 key lime, up for debate on better than Day 1 chai or not. 22 days to go!

i'm so invested in this tbh omg gourmet marshmallows sounds so delicious!! and what a tasty flavour to start off on! i love chai and feel like i'd spend all month being like "nah it's not as good as the chai marshmallow" 😊 lol please keep me us posted on what's in the other doors 👀

i'm so invested in this tbh omg gourmet marshmallows sounds so delicious!! and what a tasty flavour to start off on! i love chai and feel like i'd spend all month being like "nah it's not as good as the chai marshmallow" 😊 lol please keep me us posted on what's in the other doors 👀
I didn’t know much about chai before Day 1, but I was pleasantly surprised! I probably will be comparing the rest of the days to it as well :LOL: I’ll be sure to keep posting daily!

I have a cookies, and cream, white chocolate advant calender xD I also love the Neopets advant calender

The fifth door has opened. It’s Leafeon.

• Day 1 - Caterpie
  • Day 2 - Eevee
  • Day 3 - Psyduck
  • Day 4 - Charmander
  • Day 5 - Leafeon

I've never had these as a kid. It's kind of too late now probably, but it'd be a nice thing to do. Guess I'll try for next year (and probably forget until it's too late again lol)

Some of these ones you all are talking about sound interesting. Didn't know there were so many different types.

i'm very behind! i went over to my boyfriend's on saturday night and didn't come back until today. i caught up on my missed windows: one was another mystery tea, the other was a strawberry and guava jam, and the other was a plum and spices jam.

1701822686226.png

i loved any of the jams from last year that had spices, particularly one from last year that was cherry with christmas spices. the plum with spices (left) was a nice festive burst of flavour, but i can't help but miss the cherry one which i don't think makes an appearance this year, so i'll give this one an 8/10. on the other hand, the strawberry and guava (right) was just a perfect all rounder. another of my favourites from last year that lived up to the memory! 10/10.

i'm not sure when i'll have the two teas i've found so far, but i know which days come with a tea because the door is noticeably larger lol. weirdly, the labels don't correspond with any flavour listed on the calendar description. bonne maman lists the 6 tea options as 'morning blend', 'after dinner', 'silent night', 'quiet night', 'soothing herbal', and 'christmas blend'. one of mine says 'relax' in french, the other says 'candy' in french.

Reactions: oak
The sixth door has opened. It’s Dragonite.

• Day 1 - Caterpie
  • Day 2 - Eevee
  • Day 3 - Psyduck
  • Day 4 - Charmander
  • Day 5 - Leafeon
  • Day 6 - Dragonite

That’s 1/4 the calendar.

today's jam is pineapple and ginger. i haven't eaten it yet and i might not eat it at all - i'm not really sure i'll be a fan as it sounds a little too marmalade-y for me!

Reactions: oak
Day 5: funfetti

It was good. But basically is just a marshmallow with sprinkles. Day 1 chai and Day 3 chocolate chip still reign supreme. 20 days to go!
Day 6: mango

The first all non-white marshmallow! It was pretty good. We're starting to think these marshmallows just aren't as strong flavored as we expected. Might try a different company next year but it's still fun! Nothing may beat Day 1 chai or Day 3 chocolate chip. 19 days to go!

Back