• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's In Your Advent Calendar?

Bells
Switch
3641-2793-6219
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
december is approaching, and i'm not an elaborately festive person, but i'm really looking forward to my advent calendar this year. the novelty advent calendar is booming and it seems there exists one for every possible interest, beyond the typical chocolate behind a door that is more traditional. last year, i had a bonne maman advent calendar that came with a tiny jar of jam per day. i would use each jar atop a scone with clotted cream for my breakfast, and i'll be doing the same this year!

i thought it would be fun to make a thread for sharing advent calendars and their contents, because the possibilities are endless and i'd love to see what kind of advent calendars are around. feel free to share below a) what your advent calendar is and b) what you find behind the doors each day!

omg i wanted the bonne maman one soooooo bad i'm so jealous, i don't even eat jam often (i mostly love tiny jars) - i just looked online and it's not as expensive as i was thinking though so i may have to update this thread because i'm mighty tempted..

i know it's not a thing these days but i loooove just a picture calander (i'm sure absolutely no one wants me to update them on my daily picture lmao), i'll take a cute little doodle over some crap chocolate any day! i had a tea calander one year i loved but i can be a bit fussy so i ended up avoiding a lot of the fruit ones, i should see if there's one just for black tea

omg i wanted the bonne maman one soooooo bad i'm so jealous, i don't even eat jam often (i mostly love tiny jars) - i just looked online and it's not as expensive as i was thinking though so i may have to update this thread because i'm mighty tempted..

i know it's not a thing these days but i loooove just a picture calander (i'm sure absolutely no one wants me to update them on my daily picture lmao), i'll take a cute little doodle over some crap chocolate any day! i had a tea calander one year i loved but i can be a bit fussy so i ended up avoiding a lot of the fruit ones, i should see if there's one just for black tea

bizarrely, it's just occurred to me i actually got my last bonne maman calendar in january bc i'd seen it heavily on sale for like £6 when ordering from a supermarket online in the new year and it caught my eye (but i still used one per day aha!), so might be worthwhile waiting for any discounts even if just to deconstruct and have the selection if you're tempted !

I've never had an Advent calendar, or at least I don't recall any from my youth, which is sort of odd when I think about it considering my upbringing. I feel like I might've been introduced to the concept back then but then nothing really became of it since it wasn't a family tradition.

As such, my first real Advent calendar experience was the Bell Tree Forums Advent Calendar back in December 2016. I enjoyed it and have participated in each one since. I look forward to its return each year.

Maybe I'll get an actual physical calendar next year. It seems like too close to the start now and I don't really feel like seeking one out at this late date.

I got the bonne maman advent calendar too and I'm really excited for it, hahaha. It'd be fun to see what jams you liked the best.

I got the bonne maman advent calendar too and I'm really excited for it, hahaha. It'd be fun to see what jams you liked the best.
aha no way! where are you based? i'm in the uk, and i think there's some variance in flavours/offerings across different countries, so if you're from elsewhere it'd be interesting to see what's different! for example, the uk one says it has 6 days where there's tea instead of jam this year, but i wish it was just fully jam like previous years.

aha no way! where are you based? i'm in the uk, and i think there's some variance in flavours/offerings across different countries, so if you're from elsewhere it'd be interesting to see what's different! for example, the uk one says it has 6 days where there's tea instead of jam this year, but i wish it was just fully jam like previous years.
I'm from the US, and I checked the box and it says it has 23 jams + 1 honey. I'd never consider it'd include teas, that's pretty cool.

I've unfortunately never had a physical Advent Calendar before and my first experience with one was on Neopets. However, I will still be enjoying several online calendars this year in games I play, just like I do every year!

There is one type of reusable Advent calendar I wish I could find and own and that is an advent calendar music box. I’ve seen one on YouTube that is basically one of those houses that have figures that rotate from the heat of burning candles and there are doors you open each day that reveal different things and then there are some that are basically a Christmas tree that you put one ornament every day until Christmas.

I had two when I was a kid. They only had pictures behind each door and I had to "reuse" them because mom

As of now, I have that one I made last year from an event. It has animal crossing quotes on the back of the panels.
I'm not sure I would go out and get one now as an adult. Some of the ones described here sounds cool and didn't know they made them that complex. I assumed they just had pictures or candy.

I never usually do any fun advent calendars (only chocolate or candy), but this thread is making me want to get a fun one! I’ve also seen an advent calendar that had stationary supplies in it - I thought that was super cool!

I usually just get whatever weird advent calendar is on sale but this year I got a sock advent calendar. I kind of needed some new socks and decided it might be a fun way to get new socks lol.

I don't use physical advent calendars (anymore). During the last two years I have participated in a ton of digital raffle advent calendars instead.

Last year we won tickets to an light show(case) event. The year before that I won a night at a hotel/spa for two.

About ten years ago I used to participate in an advent calendar of a gaming magazine where I won a videogame almost every year. haha

Last edited:
1701465800785.png

today's jam was apricot and banana ! wasn't sure how i felt at first but it grew on me - a 7/10 for today. on a buttery scone with clotted cream.... and a tiny hot chocolate for good measure.

disappointingly, today's was just a tea !! i can't figure out what the flavour is from the packet. i think i'll just save it for a day where i have a jam too.

Back