• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Whats a topic you could talk for hours about?

Forget hours, I could probably talk for days straight about the Pokemon Buizel. I could also spend quite a bit of time talking about my recent rail vacations and my upcoming ones, and probably just about travel in general: where I've been, what I've done, where I want to go, and a whole lot more.

The evolution of 19th century fashion and life around it. Did you know that in early 1900s they tried to sell an electrical tablecloth so that you could put your lamps on it and it would light up directly ? Wireless charging pads ancestor !
Ooh I love learning things like this! How interesting that one can find "inventions" made over 100 years ago that come to life in the next century

Well I am a very talkative person so I know there are times people wish they hadn't gotten me started, lol. So I have a wide variety of loves. When my cousin and I talk on the phone (about 4x/yr) we talk for up to 3 hours about astronomy, astrophysics and the like. We both are huge science nerds. I never stay on the phone for any length of time but with them! I'm so passionate about a lot of things that it really depends on who I am with. Some friends would not appreciate me talking about astrophysics...😆

Anime, specifically one piece. Although I don’t Particularly enjoy one on one conversations where I have to talk for long durations. I don’t like the sound of my own voice

i could definitely talk about my s/o forever lmao, but as for interests, ill have to go with eurovision, artists i follow, good design and geography. eurovision has a massive impact on my life and i could talk about all the lore and deep topics from each song and year and everything. and for art, i can talk about beautiful things i see all the time, as well as good design. im also a big geography nerd and could talk about flags and countries for agess. too bad i dont rlly have people to talk to about this, and i feel like my s/o gets tired of all my eurovision talk LOL

Eurovision.. I am watching it pretty much since I can remember, but I no longer have anyone that I know of that is interested in it aswell.. breaks my heart everytime Eurovision is nearing and knowing I no longer have that person to talk about it :confused:

Now that I think about it I can also ramble for hours about the history of wax seals, the meanings of the different motifs used in the 18th/19th century and the colors... This is also something I'm quite passionate about !

Did you say, stuff I could talk about for hours? Ask and ye shall receive

-Harry Potter
-A subset of this, HP fanfiction and Wolfstar
-Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus
-The Owl House
-Amphibia
-The Ghost and Molly McGee (especially season 1)

I have a group chat with a bunch of different friends in it, and people have gotten hundreds of notifications because I was talking about one of these with someone. I wish I was kidding.

World of Warcraft...I've exhausted many with theorycraft tho, so I try to refrain from chatting too much about this subject.

I have no idea honestly. I'm not a talkative person, at all. At most, I may say about 3 paragraphs worth of a topic and that's about it. Certainly not hours.

there’s honestly very little that i could talk for hours about. i have quite a few interests and things that i enjoy, but i’ve never been much of a talkative person, and figuring out things to say and how i want to say them (even about my interests) is hard for me. however, there are currently three topics that i could talk at length about:

1. the hunger games trilogy, specifically the relationship between katniss everdeen and peeta mellark. i’ve read the books, watched the movies, and consumed so much content about them in the last three years that i have enough knowledge and thoughts to annoy an entire room of people. the hunger games and everlark is no longer my current hyper-fixation, so my thoughts and consumption of content about them have gone on the back burner, but i assure you i still have many thoughts! they’re just in the vault 🤍

2. the last of us (either the show or the game), specifically the relationship between ellie and joel. as you might be able to tell, relationships between characters are a huge interest of mine in media, and father daughter relationships are just… wonderfully ouch. the progression of the relationship between ellie and joel and their interactions are so, so special to me, and i will forever be haunting neil druckmann for not giving them their happy ending. there was no reason to finally give ellie the closest thing to a father figure she’s ever had, someone who loved her unconditionally and would do —did do— anything for her, just to kill him off in a horrifyingly brutal way… right in front of her!! i am literally not prepared for the show adaption of that, no thank you

3. barbie, my beloved 🩷 i’ve admittedly never been much of a barbie girl beyond enjoying playing with the dolls and loving the movies when i was younger (fun fact: i owned all of the DVDs!), but the barbie movie might genuinely be one of my favourite movies of all time. i won’t talk about it much since it’s been out for less than a month and i don’t want to spoil anyone who’s planning on watching it, but i could happily talk for hours about all the references to playing with dolls as a child and actual barbie dolls in the movie for hours! i unfortunately don’t have the brain cells to contribute much to the more serious conversations about gender inequality, patriarchy, the pains and beauties of womanhood and being a girl etc, but i can easily talk about my own experiences as a woman and the experiences of women in my family, and how much the movie meant to me as someone who has been struggling so much with change and growing up. the conversations and insights that i’ve witnessed in the past few weeks after seeing barbie have all been incredible, and i am so grateful to those who have heard me as well 🩷

Back