• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any Professional Wrestling Fans?

milkyi

the people’s princess
Bells
Switch
2594-5984-2884
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Aurora Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Green Bunny Balloon
Pink Toy Hammer
Pink Bunny Balloon
My Melody Easter Egg
ぶ
Pink Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Wrestling is an interest I've had since I was little. Despite growing out of it (mainly when WWE was steaming hot garbage lol) I've found my love for the medium coming back full swing these last two years. Pro Wrestling is one of my main interests right now and I watch every show that WWE and AEW have to offer. Wrestling as a whole is white hot, seeing engagement that rivals its prior peak in the 90s and 2000s. Any one else feel the same love for this form of entertainment? If so, who are your favorite wrestlers? Your favorite brand (not exclusive to WWE/AEW)? Any matches you love (recent or past)? Any discussion about professional wrestling is welcome! I could honestly talk about it all day lol

My favorite wrestlers of all time are AJ Lee and CM Punk (as evident by my signature lol.) However, since AJ is currently retired, my favorite active female wrestlers are Bayley and Toni Storm. I adore Toni's gimmick and Bayley is someone I've just found myself gravitating to. With WWE I find myself more interested in the women's division anyway. I prefer WWE for the storylines and characters, but I like AEW's matches more. The street fight between Jericho/Guevara and Ricky Starks/Big Bill being one of my favorite matches of the year so far. Trish and Becky at payback was also legendary, they definitely made my 2023 match on the year.

It was a childhood interest for me too, although in the last few years I've been jaded. I still watch the PPV's (especially since peacock provides such an incredibly cheap option). It's a little hard to focus on the TV shows due to sheer length, especially Raw.

I like attending the shows in person however. I'm going to Wembley Stadium for All In. I've also attended raw and some of the AEW shows. (dynamite and collision).

Some crowd footage I took of Young Bucks coming out to Wayward Son.

Also the show with the street fight you mentioned was one I attended too. Sammy jumped right in front of me.

Yeah. I’ve watched some WWE, older WWF, and NJPW stuff. You know, as a Drag Race watcher the dramatics of it is kind of like drag in a way, so maybe that’s why I ended up liking both.

(I always had a crush on Big Boss Man R.I.P. and The Rock when he was younger. Andre and younger Ted DiBiase are more recent ones.)

This is funny timing, as I just watched a video about the time they sent American wrestlers to North Korea for a wrestling event. It was crazy. Ric Flair was there, Antonio Inoki, Road Warrior Hawk, and some others. The crowd was forced to show up and they were completely silent.

I’m also looking forward to hearing Robin Christensen-Roussimoff’s (Andre the Giant’s daughter) upcoming episode on a wrestling podcast. From what I read, though, she wasn’t allowed to watch her dad’s matches since her mom didn’t want his persona to mess with her perception of him. (Her mom was a publicist for WWF, so that’s how she and Andre met.) I also read somewhere that her favorite wrestler was The Ultimate Warrior.
(Update: The podcast was rescheduled for March 30th on the channel Monte and the Pharaoh, but is now unlisted. I’m guessing it was cancelled?)

Currently, I watch sumo more often than pro wrestling, but I find the history and characters involved interesting, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
It was a childhood interest for me too, although in the last few years I've been jaded. I still watch the PPV's (especially since peacock provides such an incredibly cheap option). It's a little hard to focus on the TV shows due to sheer length, especially Raw.

I like attending the shows in person however. I'm going to Wembley Stadium for All In. I've also attended raw and some of the AEW shows. (dynamite and collision).

Some crowd footage I took of Young Bucks coming out to Wayward Son.

Also the show with the street fight you mentioned was one I attended too. Sammy jumped right in front of me.
I like the format of PPVs being available for streaming as well. I'm able to watch them that way since they're so cost friendly. That's awesome that you were able to see Sammy jumping! It was a crazy spot to watch on TV, I'm sure it was even better in real life.

i don't watch it but one of my besties does, she's chronically obsessed. i don't necessarily follow wrestling but i follow rhea ripley and i really, really like her

i don't watch it but one of my besties does, she's chronically obsessed. i don't necessarily follow wrestling but i follow rhea ripley and i really, really like her
Rhea's a great performer! Being able to engage and get others outside of wrestling to be interested in her is also a talent/accomplishment!

i was really into it as a kid. I've come back around to it a little and I do watch the WWE PPVs, but i only watch highlights of raw and smackdown. if cody doesnt win this time though im out LOL. AEW isn't really my style but i'm glad my GOAT christian is thriving

I like the format of PPVs being available for streaming as well. I'm able to watch them that way since they're so cost friendly. That's awesome that you were able to see Sammy jumping! It was a crazy spot to watch on TV, I'm sure it was even better in real life.

Here's my video of it. It's been sitting on my phone never uploaded.

The wrestler Asuka has a fun YouTube channel (KanaChanTV) that I check out from time to time. It’s not really wrestling-based, but (from what I’ve seen), focused on travel, gaming, and cooking.

Kazuchika Okada was also one of the first Japanese wrestlers I saw on TV. He’s fun to watch.

I think my dad either saw in person and/or briefly met Mr. Wonderful and Bobby Heenan. He was into wrestling back in the day, but doesn’t follow it now.

Oh! And I also recently discovered this fun-looking arcade game.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan, but my dad dragged me to a live WWE match before that was in our area. I don't think I was that into it, but I offered to go.

I used to be super interested in it when I was young. Me and my little brother weren't allowed to stay up late for Monday Night Raw, so my dad would always record it for the next day when we got home from school. My favorite as a kid was Shawn Micheals / HBK. I also used to ADORE John Morrison to an unhealthy degree .... same with Edge. Those were my 3 favorites growing up.

Now? I'm not really a huge fan anymore, but I really think Asuka is cute ;w;

i was really into it as a kid. I've come back around to it a little and I do watch the WWE PPVs, but i only watch highlights of raw and smackdown. if cody doesnt win this time though im out LOL. AEW isn't really my style but i'm glad my GOAT christian is thriving
Christian is definitely one of my favorite parts of AEW. I really like his character on there!
Post automatically merged:

I used to be super interested in it when I was young. Me and my little brother weren't allowed to stay up late for Monday Night Raw, so my dad would always record it for the next day when we got home from school. My favorite as a kid was Shawn Micheals / HBK. I also used to ADORE John Morrison to an unhealthy degree .... same with Edge. Those were my 3 favorites growing up.

Now? I'm not really a huge fan anymore, but I really think Asuka is cute ;w;
I love Edge as well. As a kid the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio were my favorites lol Asuka is very cute!!! and shes a great wrestler

I watched when The Great Khali made his debut and The Undertaker’s expression was classic. 😂

When Mae Young gave birth to a hand…and Mark Henry was the father…😂 That skit was totally off the wall and hilarious! Wish they still did random stuff like that now.

And I must say, Piper Niven is absolutely gorgeous. 😍

Last edited:
Back