• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What brings you comfort?

Oh, I thought of something to add. Does anyone else find comfort in certain clothes? Just me? 👀

I find comfort in wearing dresses and knitted tops/sweaters. I think I could wear knitted sweaters year round!
I don't know, but I crocheted a really tight blanket for me when I do Civil War reenacting because it's really cold when I do some of the events in late fall/winter. And then I did such a good job that I didn't want to sleep on such a nice comfy blanket when I'm roughing it in a shabby tent.

So now I pull it out every winter and it brings me comfort covering myself in it at night. Keeps my toesies warm.

Watching a movie
Wearing soft slippers
Playing video games
Wearing soft/warm clothes
Wearing soft slipper socks
Soft blankets
Reading a book
Watching videos

Last edited:
Oh, I thought of something to add. Does anyone else find comfort in certain clothes? Just me? 👀

I find comfort in wearing dresses and knitted tops/sweaters. I think I could wear knitted sweaters year round!
yes. for me it is T shirts because they are simple. some have pictures others have details that can make them stand apart from each other. They are comfortable as they are not form fitting (if they are unisexed anyway) and lack layers to fuss with. They are worry free for snagging. The cotton ones have a nice material feel to me which is the go to. Though they are not considered nice for certain occasions, they are great for everyday, and everyday is the norm for me.
I also prefer pants that are not stiff denim. Denim often isn't a comfy feeling material unless it is soft and or stretchy. I prefer my pants to be black or blue though.

My weighted blanket always helps me feel calm and helps me sleep better too

My cat Mustachio is the sweetest kitty and she always makes me smile

A nice hot cup of coffee or cocoa brings me comfort for sure, especially early in the morning while listening to an audiobook and painting

Playing videogames, especially cozy type games like Disney dreamlight valley and AC

Watching anime shows, always puts me in a good mood

Drawing is comforting to me because it's a good way to focus

Playing my instruments, violin and ukulele. Theres nothing better than working on my skills with them and feeling like I'm improving

Painting miniatures from tabletop rpg boardgames, it's very detail oriented and takes a long time so I can really get in the "zone" and it's really enjoyable

Playing card games such as Yugioh, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Digimon, and rpg tabletop boardgames such as descent , and Arkham Horror

Reading, I can feel my stress levels go down when I've been reading at least 10 minutes

Meditating because it helps clear my mind and calm me down

Spending time with family and friends. I like to invite family over and bake some kind of dessert so we can chat and eat our desserts with some fresh coffee

Being in a cafe. There's something really calmind about drinking coffee in a cafe, it's very ambient :)

-Plushies, especially my favorite ones
-Music that I like, especially if I start hyperfixating on it
-Video games/browser games, as long as I am actually having fun
-Sleeping (Only when I'm not having specific health issues that make it difficult)
-Comfort characters? Something like that but not quite, it's sort of a secret

Nature in general, walking or riding my bicycle in the woods, saying hello to all the creatures living there, going to the mountains, lakes, rivers, the ocean is really really nice too but way too far from my home. I also love rain and snow. When I can't go outside or in the woods, I looks at photos of woods or snow. And animals, including my own pets and the wild ones.

TBT Events are a good way to focus on something else and forget my worries, it's fun and push me to be a bit creative. Like I need that excuse to do drawings and crafts, or play games. The thrill of finding brand new eggs! I'm always a bit sad when it's over.

Animal Crossing is my sweet little retreat, I discovered New Leaf in 2014 and played every day until I got New Horizon this past October. Sometimes I'm just wandering in the museum looking at fish or walking on the beach. One night several of my villagers were also walking on the beach holding their mug of hot beverage, it was so peaceful.

Jigsaw puzzles before going to bed help me when I can't sleep because of anxiety, I'm a bit picky though, it must be a photo of night scene (no drawing), more than 300 pieces and I must listen to rain and thunderstorm at the same time . I have also a thing for one color puzzles (no image) but I do those earlier in the evening because it needs a bit more concentration.

Hot or cold drink depending of the season and the mood, like hot chocolate, apple cider, iced coffee.

Anime or Drama is a good way to relax and forget the real world but I avoid melodrama and sad stuff or anything that could trigger my anxiety, so no Clannad. But sometimes I get tired of seeing the same tropes.

Music, especially when I'm walking or on the bus

Some other stuff I thought of <3333

Thinking about an ideal future
I made a whole thread about this. There is just something so comforting about thinking of what I hope for the future (albeit a realistic one). This ties into the "writing" part I talked about in my last post - you guys have no idea how much time I spend thinking about writing and my ideas. It's the main thing that gives me hope. There are a lot of things that pertain to me that are underestimated, misunderstood, etc. like self-shipping, being on the autism spectrum, etc. However, something I think of to render the thoughts less severe, is my writing. I am not asking to be famous, but I want to at least make an impact to a considerable extent. <3333

I have also been thinking about how it is a good idea to start with children's books for the following reasons and public more advanced books later on (though I am already working on some advanced ones):

* I still live with my dad, and my paternal grandma lives very close to us, and I could get in trouble for talking about touchy topics, which is something I should try to avoid in children's books anyway.

* It's better to start off with simpler stuff, I feel this can go for writing too.

* It's important for people to start learning these things at an early age. Otherwise, it may be too late to teach people.

Also...Hopefully, I will eventually be independent enough to get my own place. I plan to eat out a lot, and hopefully meet my three online besties, including @/AshtonDraws <3333

My favorite Animal Crossing villagers
Well, my favorite characters in general bring me comfort, but my favorite Animal Crossing villagers in particular sticks out to me. I have stories where my villagers comforted me when I was feeling low. It is simple things like "How are you doing, hopefully well" and "I'm here for you” that warm my heart. :,3

I sometimes wish I could jump into my computer, TV, and 3DS (depending on what device I am playing on), hug my villagers, and burst into tears. ;---; 💕

Last edited:
Back