• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what do you do when you have a cold?

At night I drink NeoCitran which is a drink that tastes like hot lemonade and is supposed to help you sleep when you're sick
I forgot to mention this, but I am such a huge fan of NeoCitran! It used to be something I looked forward to when I did get sick. šŸ˜‚ It was a lifesaver.

I should have taken some with me because the US version (TheraFlu) pales in comparison. šŸ™ƒ

drink lots and lots and lots of water, consume lots of froot, have a box or pack of tissues on hand and probably consume an original strepsil (they need more appreciation). also have a nap

I feel high

It depends on how bad it is. If it's mild, I just take cold medicine and go about my day. If it's like the flu/covid I take medicine, get as much rest as possible, drink as much fluids as I can, eat soup, stay warm and hope for the best.

i have a cold right now actually jeje šŸ˜Ž

i dunno, if itā€™s only a cold i just drink a bunch of airborne and blow my nose a lot. iā€™m very susceptible to illness and get sick all the time so it doesnā€™t bother me anymore. at the worst stage of it iā€™ll take dayquil, but besides that itā€™s more of an inconvenience than anything.

if the sun is out im gonna thug it out šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’ÆšŸ’ÆšŸ’ÆšŸ’Æ and by that i mean i hate taking medication and will suffer and sleep

I get a plastic grocery bag and hang it on the knob of my nightstand for all the tissues. Drinking hot tea is great, I need to do it more. If my throat is sore I usually go for cherry lozenges because they work for me and honey doesnā€™t taste as good.

I usually like to drink tea, take cough drops, and take ibuprofen. I know youā€™re supposed to drink water, but usually I canā€™t because my throat makes it impossible to. And sometimes I get so sick I donā€™t even want to to any of what I listed because I donā€™t want to get up.

- Luo han guo tea otherwise water to stay hydrated
- Eagle oil
- Sudafed if able
- Rest if able lol (parenting life)
- Soups (kimchi soup, chao/rice porridge, opo squash)

I try to sleep as much as possible and drink as much warm drinks as possible. When it comes to recovering faster, these two are key.

Down cough syrup/cold medicine like it's going out of style, drink plenty of water, and eat soups, if I can. I lay down a lot too.

I haven't been so sick that I've been bedridden in a long time. The last time was maybe 2017 but it was short. I remember sleeping away most of one day and then waking up really late like way into midnight and not being able to go back to bed so I just decided to beat the final part of botw lol.

I drink a lot of water and I usually do anyway and get sleep. These two things can help take care of a lot of mild illnesses. I did get covid in late summer of 2022 but I don't remember being in bed like I was with whatever I had in 2017.

• Hot showers for sure. I already have major allergies so allergies + cold = significant congestion.
  • Cough drops
  • Sleeping in as much as possible
  • Medication for headache if it becomes unbearable. I have stomach lining issues so I don't typically take pills unless I really need to.
  • Soup and soft warm foods like noodles or steamed veggies, oranges for Vitamin C and because they're soothing on the throat
I can't tolerate any beverages except water, at all, ever. They make me gag. (Things with flavor should also have texture!) So tea or other warm drinks are off the table. I might gargle salt water if I become REALLY desperate.

Sleep a bunch and drink a ton of water. Usually does the trick and gets it out within a few days.

Mope around acting like a victim and do absolutely nothing to help myself get better

Drink lots of water, find something to do the whole day (playing a game, but taking breaks), use steam inhaler, sleep early, take medicine and so on.

I'm in the denial camp. (I have some sniffles right now, but I'm chalking them up to allergies, or because I didn't get much sleep last night, although I know I started to feel a little tickle in my throat last night, but we'll ignore that symptom for now!) I try and power through because of course I'm young and invincible, right?

Then after a few days of misery, I finally decide maybe I'll finally take a little cold medicine. I tend to like the orange flavored stuff:)

Lots of cups of tea. I usually keep puttering around, but if I'm really exhausted I usually just sleep. I tell myself I want to watch some movies or TV, but I inevitably plan a whole marathon and get about 5 minutes in and then zonk out;) a little rice porridge is a nice comfort, too, although probably pretty minimal nutrition value, but lots of nostalgia value

I mainly just rest and watch tv, maybe have a bowl of soup and take a hot shower. I also try and avoid dairy as my mom told that can make you more congested.

i basically lay around in bed drinking hot water or tea since i don't have the energy to do anything else. i'm not a fan of eating porridge but my parents always insist that i eat some when i'm sick. what sucks is i often lose my appetite when i'm sick so i can't eat good food either. but i try to eat things that are easier to eat like plain rice with eggs or something like that.

i've tried basically every cold medicine under the sun and whether or not they actually work, i couldn't tell u. i think they help somewhat with the muscle ache or headache but for other symptoms like coughs or runny nose, i don't think they actually do anything lol.

Back