• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ever played Neopets?

I played it in my youth! I remember I gave my Neopets food and played minigames like the one with the icebear where you have to eat ice to go deeper? Not much I can recall!

Very briefly. I remember having some kind of plushy thing too with a code, but I never used it.

Very briefly. I remember having some kind of plushy thing too with a code, but I never used it.
Whenever I found the McDonald’s toys with tags in thrift shops, I used to get them only for the codes. Surprisingly they were still able to be used for close to ten years after the Happy Meal promo had ended. The last code I redeemed from this was in 2011. Not sure exactly if the page is still active with all the site changes and Flash support ended. I think I had to use a Neopets resource site to even get to the redemption page. On the account that I currently use, I did manage to get the Fairy Queen Tower Avatar by buying the Toombla Guy toy and I got one or two other things as I saved all the Neopoints I had gotten from Trudy’s Surprise awards and immediately putting 100000 Neopoints into the Bank and mainly using points to pay for the Neolodge so I wouldn’t have to worry about buying food since the shops always seem to be sold out every single time you need certain things and some of the user owned shops expect you to pay ridiculous prices for things that should not be that expensive.

I actually first found out about the site from a friend when it first launched and saw all of the changes over the years. Some of the original designs were rather awful looking especially the Mynci when it was introduced as the replacement design of one of the original pets, the Mellish. Wow was that thing was so hideous looking that no one was even creating them and it was so unpopular that the designers had to redraw it a few months later to get people to like it.

Last edited:
yes lmao I played Neopets when I was maybe in third or fourth grade.. I remember my teacher was retiring at the end of the year and so I drew a bunch of Shoyru all over a "happy retirement" card for her (I think the whole class was making cards).. and I remember suggesting in the card that she should move to Florida??? idk

I think my main neopet was a pink Uni and it was always bloated

I only got into Neopets very recently during the pandemic but I’ve heard of it before. Since then I’ve made another account because I lost the login to the ol’ pandemic account. I’ve tries to find a plush in thrift stores but to no avail and will probably order one online for my birthday. Mainly because some of them are really cute.

My first pet was a blue Lupe. And my second main pets (I’m indecisive) currently are a blue Kau named Kinognon or something, a cloud pattern Flotsam I found in the Pound and a green Grundo.

I still play Neopets! Well, I was never that into it as a kid, I played it here and there but couldn't really get into it then. I recently have really gotten into browser pet games so I enjoy my time on there lately. My favourite pets are probably the Lutari, Bori, and Gnorbu!

I loved playing neopets! I was obsessed. I managed to get back into my old account a few years ago but didn't stick around for long

Yes! I found out about it from my brother when I was around 8 years old, and I think it was my first real step into the online world. Before that I think I'd just used the internet for like search engines and stuff, especially at school. I was younger than 13, so my interactions with other users were limited, but I had plenty of fun collecting pets, collecting items, selling stuff in my shop, and playing the minigames.

A specific memory I have is of getting an Ice Boris. You had to download this toolbar to get it, and given how young I was, I was definitely not allowed to be downloading random things on to our computer. However, I waited for a moment when the rest of my family was busy with other things, quickly download it, got the Ice Boris, and deleted the toolbar. I felt so stressed that I was going to get caught and yelled at, but I pulled off the mission successfully.

It's been a long time since I've used the site, but I've logged in a few times here and there just to check on my account. Also, I gave the Ice Boris away at some point. But I remember Neopets fondly. My internet journey from elementary to high school was essentially Neopets -> Toontown -> RuneScape -> RuneScape + Gaia Online, and Neopets was the first step in that journey.

I played a lot of neopets back in the day! Nowadays I play on Grundos cafe instead, which is a fan server of Neopets. i like it there much better cause its like how it used to be back then!

Yep! I first played back between 2001 and 2002 (I was 4-5) and kept playing on and off since. I haven’t played in awhile though. My poor pets must be hungry :(

Yes I have. From 2003 to 2006, I’ve been more active on the actual Neopets site. But after 2008, I stopped going there completely. I lost all interest into Neopets since I went to another site.

I still have my badly named account from 2008, I also purchased 16 pet slots and got a handful of Faerie UCs so far.

I played a lot of Neopets in the early 2010s on a "cooler" account. I really enjoyed Daily Dare, Altador Cup not so much. But I still remember a proclaimed mother of a teenager insulting me for not playing enough. 😅

My biggest interest were the avatars and I finally reached 300 this year! (Ignore the fact that we are at like 450 or something...)

I don't really play anymore. I'm too lazy to do Food Club or dailies or anything else. I bought enough to make all of my pets UC (minus my fashionable White Kacheek). I should trade my NC clothes for NC backgrounds. My only goal right now is better names, but now that there are no more UCs that's just everybody's goal. I'm very fortunate to have my name, my grandmas name and a handful of fandom ones. I still want 20 good ones though. ^_^

I hope one day Neopets will purge the names of deleted accounts and allow us to rename our accounts. I would like to have my username on my ancient account. That's the last thing I would spend money on, Neopets got enough of it already.

Yessss I was obsessed with Neopets! Admittedly I dropped the game when I was early into high school, then picked it up back again in college when I was interested the Food Club. Definitely dropped it again years ago, but it's nice to look back at my account from time to time!

A very vivid memory I have was when I really wanted a Maraquan Ixi, it was a dreamie of mine and I just kind of accepted that the chance of me getting one was close to none. Then one day I was playing around the secret laboratory when I luckily zapped my Ixi into Maraquan!! Still couldn't believe it to this day ;w;

1000012071.jpg

on and off since 2006 and was actually playing pretty consistently for a year around the beginning of 2022 up till 2023 december.

i stopped playing due to how much time i was spending on the site and the lack of quality of life improvement updates. like some pages were super broken due to flash support ending with no fix at all.

Yes, and I still log in every day for Trudy's Surprise.
on and off since 2006 and was actually playing pretty consistently for a year around the beginning of 2022 up till 2023 december.

i stopped playing due to how much time i was spending on the site and the lack of quality of life improvement updates. like some pages were super broken due to flash support ending with no fix at all.

Yeah the site's a mess. They kinda like half-assed the conversion to the new site format.

I tried many times as a kid. It was always too complicated to me with too much to do. Now I feel like it's too late to start and I have other preferred games by now.

Yeah, I started playing in its heyday over two decades ago! I eventually left but I recently went back. There's a lot that's kind of borked but I hope the new team will get things running properly eventually.

Started playing back in 1999. Freshman in high school in a country town and everyone in school was playing it. We didn't have easy access to the internet so the school library was the place where everyone would convene and play the game. Our internet was so slow though that it was extremely hard to get any of the items when they went up for sale! Meerka Chase was awesome though.

I did but I never could get far since it would always say oops this item does not exist or you were not fast enough. Also it would ask me for my email in order for me to use one of my features. I loved the idea about the site but I had no idea how to play.

Back