• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Whats a topic you could talk for hours about?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Me? If you get me talking about *Neopets*, I will talk for hours about it. I could go on, and on about it.

Im just so into it even though I don't play it hard core, I do quite love just checking it out, and Meepit Juice Breaker, I could play that for hours. Theres a new app coming out. So curious about it.

There, I had to stop self because you would have gotten a litteral paragraph.

How about you? Anything you love so much, that you could talk for hours about?

This is easily hockey and train/coach bus travel for me. I watch and follow hockey much more than any other sports. I like traveling but I'm more interested in the journey that comes with taking the train or riding the coach bus through various cities. I like how the bus stops for even a few minutes at a gas station/convenience store of a town I haven't been to. I sometimes enjoy the journey more than whatever destination I'm going to. That's why I prefer ground transportation over airplane travel.

I think I got carried away here talking about travel but it makes sense given the thread title.

british comedy!! the amount of comedians im obsessed with is rad rad. and also i've got cool clips saved for days 😌

Skylanders has an absurd amount of stuff to dig into and I probably played those games for thousands of hours cumulatively. Other than that I can talk about my ideas for Skylanders lol… and how I think TFB fell and rose after that… how the series inspired me and how I still love some entries… things I would like to see in video games and my dream game and stuff like that. Lots of video game stuff, I don’t game anymore but I can ramble about it for ages.

Hmm, good question. I'm not an overly chatty person in general but probably games/series I'm into? If I can start talking about that with someone I very much will go on and on haha. Worldbuilding stuff too if I find someone to chat OCs with.

Easily The Ghost and Molly McGee. I would also talk about traveling across the US, past experiences, and my current life.

The evolution of 19th century fashion and life around it. Did you know that in early 1900s they tried to sell an electrical tablecloth so that you could put your lamps on it and it would light up directly ? Wireless charging pads ancestor !

I love telling stories about my life. I’ve thought about maybe becoming a storytime youtuber sometime just because of how much I love it and I could illustrate the stories sometimes. I’m a very retrospective person, meaning I’m always looking back and pondering and evaluating my past self. Even when I was a kid I’d constantly ask my mom “tell me a story about when I was little!”. It probably sounds very self-obsessed but the self is so interesting lol!

Skylanders has an absurd amount of stuff to dig into and I probably played those games for thousands of hours cumulatively. Other than that I can talk about my ideas for Skylanders lol… and how I think TFB fell and rose after that… how the series inspired me and how I still love some entries… things I would like to see in video games and my dream game and stuff like that. Lots of video game stuff, I don’t game anymore but I can ramble about it for ages.
I love Skylanders. I know a lot of people hate how they just lumped Spyro in there for extra cash (and sure, I agree that was crummy of them - like 'Spyro's Adventure' but Stealth Elf is dead center on the box? What? At least try to pretend he's the main character for the introductory game, sheesh) but the games were actually good. Trap Team was my favourite, the only one I never played was Imaginators.

Anyhow, back on topic - probably retro video games and game coding in general. I'm still learning the latter, and one of these days I'm gonna try to release a NES or Game Boy game through Kickstarter. It'd have to be one of those because pixel art is all I could manage working alone.

I love Skylanders. I know a lot of people hate how they just lumped Spyro in there for extra cash (and sure, I agree that was crummy of them - like 'Spyro's Adventure' but Stealth Elf is dead center on the box? What? At least try to pretend he's the main character for the introductory game, sheesh) but the games were actually good. Trap Team was my favourite, the only one I never played was Imaginators.

Anyhow, back on topic - probably retro video games and game coding in general. I'm still learning the latter, and one of these days I'm gonna try to release a NES or Game Boy game through Kickstarter. It'd have to be one of those because pixel art is all I could manage working alone.
I have an unpopular opinion because Trap Team is by far the worst one to me. Believe me I can rant about that in itself for ages! I was there back when the series was still called “Spyro’s Kingdom” (I used to be a Spyro fanboy, and I didn’t like Skylanders at first but gave it an honest chance, now the roles are reversed and I don’t like Spyro) and I get why people liked Trap Team the best because it had this sense of scope to it but honestly, going back to it was extremely rough. My favorite is SWAP Force followed by the first game. Actually I also think Giants is kind of overrated (still solid), and Imaginators is overhated. I still don’t really hate TT honestly, like it’s very frustrating to play, and I get very mad at it, and I’d rather not play it, but I can still appreciate enough of it.

Don’t even get me started on the Spyro fan reactions lol, I think a lot of them just hate the series because of their expectations for it. They had these expectations Spyro would at least be really important, when it’s more of a cameo than anything. That isn’t a bad thing. Skylanders is its own thing, and tbh, I’m glad Spyro is just kept to a cameo and the series had a healthy amount of inspiration without being too overt. And honestly I don’t even think his design is bad in the first game, some of the art makes it look really bad but for the most part I think the model animations are adorable and give off gecko vibes, and he has fun overall proportions even if the face needed more work. It’s really sad to see people continue harping on the reveal screenshot and shows they wouldn’t move on- the Academy design also has a lot of tweaks and is often overlooked, and tbh I think the Imaginators design for Spyro is hideous, but people don’t even know about it and this just again shows people being stuck on something from over a decade ago- there’s also the nonsense about Skylanders “killing” Spyro and the same people praising Reiginited where without Skylanders TFB wouldn’t have had the experience to make Reignited. I don’t like Reignited either, which is why I said TFB dipped for me, but that’s another topic.
I completely get being disappointed, but it’s just really obvious a lot of those people never even played a Skylanders game, watched them, etc. or are just arguing in bad faith. It’s one of those things where in the AC fandom by comparison I’m glad people can healthily criticise NH without being like that or something. So it’s helped me move on from being as fixated on this but overall I still love landers and given the chance I can ramble on.

There are also all my memories of hunting for toys, and even trading online and stuff. Definitely some frustration with all the releases the US got months earlier, but I pulled through and collected them all lol. That series was like, the last time I could indulge in collecting something like that, it really was part of my childhood (even though I was a teenager as the games came out). I’d feel too guilty collecting physical stuff now, and ironically I don’t think I would get into a reboot expecting the same kind of monetisation. Too expensive. And I feel like they wouldn’t hone in on what I liked about it anyway. Aside from that playing the series so much and assessing characters and learning strats and just mulling over my favorite parts of the games played a huge role in shaping my critical thinking.

Last edited:
Literally anything! I could go on and on about freaking lettuce if someone wanted. Usually though, my hobbies I'd go on and on about basically yelling lol. Video games, anime, fanfiction, you name it.

My comfort characters, like seriously any of them ahahaha. ;w; I just love them so much and they make me so happy!! I usually do stop myself so I won't like... talk someone's ear off about them, but could I happily just keep going on and on and on about them basically forever? Absolutely.

I have an unpopular opinion because Trap Team is by far the worst one to me. Believe me I can rant about that in itself for ages! I was there back when the series was still called “Spyro’s Kingdom” (I used to be a Spyro fanboy, and I didn’t like Skylanders at first but gave it an honest chance, now the roles are reversed and I don’t like Spyro) and I get why people liked Trap Team the best because it had this sense of scope to it but honestly, going back to it was extremely rough. My favorite is SWAP Force followed by the first game. Actually I also think Giants is kind of overrated (still solid), and Imaginators is overhated. I still don’t really hate TT honestly, like it’s very frustrating to play, and I get very mad at it, and I’d rather not play it, but I can still appreciate enough of it.

Don’t even get me started on the Spyro fan reactions lol, I think a lot of them just hate the series because of their expectations for it. They had these expectations Spyro would at least be really important, when it’s more of a cameo than anything. That isn’t a bad thing. Skylanders is its own thing, and tbh, I’m glad Spyro is just kept to a cameo and the series had a healthy amount of inspiration without being too overt. And honestly I don’t even think his design is bad in the first game, some of the art makes it look really bad but for the most part I think the model animations are adorable and give off gecko vibes, and he has fun overall proportions even if the face needed more work. It’s really sad to see people continue harping on the reveal screenshot and shows they wouldn’t move on- the Academy design also has a lot of tweaks and is often overlooked, and tbh I think the Imaginators design for Spyro is hideous, but people don’t even know about it and this just again shows people being stuck on something from over a decade ago- there’s also the nonsense about Skylanders “killing” Spyro and the same people praising Reiginited where without Skylanders TFB wouldn’t have had the experience to make Reignited. I don’t like Reignited either, which is why I said TFB dipped for me, but that’s another topic.
I completely get being disappointed, but it’s just really obvious a lot of those people never even played a Skylanders game, watched them, etc. or are just arguing in bad faith. It’s one of those things where in the AC fandom by comparison I’m glad people can healthily criticise NH without being like that or something. So it’s helped me move on from being as fixated on this but overall I still love landers and given the chance I can ramble on.

There are also all my memories of hunting for toys, and even trading online and stuff. Definitely some frustration with all the releases the US got months earlier, but I pulled through and collected them all lol. That series was like, the last time I could indulge in collecting something like that, it really was part of my childhood (even though I was a teenager as the games came out). I’d feel too guilty collecting physical stuff now, and ironically I don’t think I would get into a reboot expecting the same kind of monetisation. Too expensive. And I feel like they wouldn’t hone in on what I liked about it anyway. Aside from that playing the series so much and assessing characters and learning strats and just mulling over my favorite parts of the games played a huge role in shaping my critical thinking.
Fair enough! I definitely agree with you on Giants. Enjoyable, but not the best. I would have enjoyed SWAP Force a lot more if it wasn't constantly crashing on my system. Can't remember if it was PS3 or Wii, but it was bad for that.

Unpopular opinion for someone who started out with the very first Spyro game - Skylanders Spyro's design really wasn't that bad, as you've said. I saw fandom members call him 'goblin Spyro' and I love goblins, so... Yeah, I'm cool with it. It was also hilarious seeing some of the in-fighting before Skylanders was a thing, because some of it was basically 'Classic Spyro is finished, The Legend of Spyro is here to stay, get used to it lol', then when Skylanders came out, The Legend fans were suddenly shouting 'noooooo it's not fair, we want TLoS back, Skylanders is killing Spyro' as if, you know - Dawn of the Dragon wasn't a commercial flop. Don't get me wrong - I like all versions of Spyro, but I've always felt like The Legend of Spyro was where it started to go wrong, not Skylanders. A lot of casual gamers just didn't care for it at all, and a lot of classic Spyro fans left after the first game. But, I digress.

The toy hunting was fun too. I was able to attend a few of the events they had back then as well (got very lucky with SWAP Force - they were running a pitch at a festival I happened to be working at, so I took a quick visit at my break). I heard Activision have some interest in rebooting the franchise, but who knows.

Pokemon. I hunt for the most obscure tidbits of knowledge i can lay my grubby little hands on and i was a competitive player for years so anything abt teambuilding or the various mangas or useless pokemon facts im going to have a conversation for days

Definitely video games. Which ones? Uh, many. But especially Kirby lore and stuff, though I don't ever know who to talk to since I worry about spoiling every Kirby game ever. (Only slightly exaggerating)

Any video game that means a lot to me, especially Valkyrie Profile, Persona 3, and FFVII. I could spend HOURS talking about characters that resonate with me. If I'm comfortable with a friend, I could do the same for my own original characters. But I have a lot of opinions in general, so as long as we've reached the sweet spot with my anxiety and I feel safe with you, I won't shut up, lol.

Currently, I have a whole TED talk I could give about Otome Isekai Manhwa. Korea is absolutely slaying in this market.

And I could blab for hours about orchestral soundtracks, particularly from videogames.

And then 90s anime... that's where it all started for me.

Honestly, there's a lot, Mario, (especially Mario galaxy) Persona, my OCs, my writing, and all sorts of stuff! But I feel like the most interesting thing I could talk for hours about is lost media. And it's not really limited for me, it could be any form of it, lost pilots of popular or obscure shows, lost toys/other merchandise, and more. I'm not sure why, it's just that the idea of something well-known around the world like SpongeBob, still has some things from it that are considered lost, and I find it really fascinating

Back