• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas?

New laptop from my parents
Clothes from my mum (which I got last month): a cropped True Religion hoodie, a long white puffer coat, an oversized plaid flannel shirt, and grey straight leg jeans
Books from my dad
New mug + scented candle from my sister.
Money from all my grandparents + my mum's friend

I haven't seen my brother yet since he's self-isolating so idk what he got me 😅 I got him a bottle of vodka because he said he wants to set up a home bar. I also found a mini bottle of gin in my stocking from my mum, but I think it's been in there since last year...😂

i want that keyring, lol.

our family's big gift this year was new season passes for dollywood! we went three times this year and had a blast. hoping to hit the water park this coming summer.

aside from that, i got a new case for my switch, it's black and has breath of the wild designs on it. It came with a glass screen protector and joycon cushions, which is great cuz i was planning to buy a screen protector soon. Also got the HTTYD movies on dvd, i still haven't seen the third one, heh. Mom got me a Stranger Things fan guide, which i am loving, and a teal seashell embroidered bed set, and a thermos, and the animal crossing monopoly! all of which were technically from both parents, since dad is the breadwinner, lol.

I got my mom a photo blanket from costco, with pictures of her, the nieces, and dad and me. I actually ended up giving it to her early tho. I also got her a thermos, helped dad pick out a cross necklace for her. Got dad the first three of the original Star Trek movies, and brother an Xbox gift card.

My mom is still behind on some bills but she gave me some lovely gifts.
  • Popcorn Bin with Cheddar, Caramel, and Buttered Popcorn.
  • A pair of lovely slippers.
  • A Chocolate Orange, my favorite.
  • A Chocolate Fruit Cake.
  • Nail Kit
  • and finally, Caramel Hot Chocolate.
I'm quite happy with these gifts, especially the food items. Sadly though, I already ate through most of it. 😩

My husband's friend dropped by today and I was very surprised that he had a present for me. He said he only knew one thing that I liked so he bought me some Animal Crossing socks. LOL

It was a very sweet thought and I love them. It's a 3-Pack with Isabelle, Tom Nook, and K.K.

Cash. For my birthday the day after, I got some clothes and earrings. I picked those out well in advance, though. So I technically have had them since November.

a really really big box of chocolates
a really really big tin of popcorn
Fate/Grand Order Original Soundtrack I
Fate/Grand Order Original Soundtrack II
Fate/Grand Order Original Soundtrack IIII
History of the World Mad Libs
L figure
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time t-shirt
The Madalorian+The Child mini Lego set
Umineko Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch manga vol. 1
Umineko Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch manga vol. 2
Umineko Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch manga vol. 3
Yu-Gi-Oh! 2021 Tin of Ancient Battles
$$$$

I got
2 pyjamas
Slippers
Slipper socks
Hot chocolate sachet
Animal crossing calendar
£20 Roblox Gift card
Chocolate coins
Harry Potter tin of bath stuff
Colouring pencils
handcream
Lip bam
Hair scrunchies
Bath bomb
Handbag
Purse

dsc03760_1__by_akarifan25_dex27m5-pre.jpg
dsc03761_1__by_akarifan25_dex27xk-pre.jpg
from my mum's friend, caroline

dsc03763_1__by_akarifan25_dex280a-pre.jpg
pokemon brillent diamond & shining pearl came with stickers :D

dsc03766_1__by_akarifan25_dex282o-pre.jpg
i bought these from etsy :>

dsc03767_1__by_akarifan25_dex284l-pre.jpg
my bro, lee got me this :>

dsc03768_1__by_akarifan25_dex286a-pre.jpg
the last 3 volumes of fluffy fluffy cinnamonroll

dsc03769_1__by_akarifan25_dex287d-pre.jpg
i got this from etsy too

dsc03770_1__by_akarifan25_dex288y-pre.jpg
my older bro, kris got me this

dsc03771_1__by_akarifan25_dex28av-pre.jpg
from etsy too :>

dsc03772_1__by_akarifan25_dex28c0-pre.jpg
from etsy too :>

dsc03775_1__by_akarifan25_dex28cm-pre.jpg

dsc03776_1__by_akarifan25_dex28e8-pre.jpg

dsc03777_1__by_akarifan25_dex28fw-pre.jpg
amiibo cards from etsy :>

dsc03778_1__by_akarifan25_dex28i6-pre.jpg
dsc03779_1__by_akarifan25_dex28me-pre.jpg
my aunt got me this :>

dsc03780_1__by_akarifan25_dex28o4-pre.jpg
it's a warmie
my mum's mum's partner's sister got me... this & this... i'm sorry, but i don't care for this one...
dsc03781_1__by_akarifan25_dex28q1-pre.jpg

dsc03784_1__by_akarifan25_dex28re-pre.jpg
i got this off of artbox :> it's a assesery box :>

dsc03785_1__by_akarifan25_dex28sw-pre.jpg
i got these off of tofucute ^^
i named them oval & yuki :>

dsc03786_1__by_akarifan25_dex28us-pre.jpg
this too, from tofu cute... it came in a christmas bag :D i named her 'yuina' :>

dsc03787_1__by_akarifan25_dex28yd-pre.jpg
mum got me this :> also, this from mum :>
dsc03788_1__by_akarifan25_dex28zo-pre.jpg

& i got this from my mum's mum's partner
dsc03789_1__by_akarifan25_dex2913-pre.jpg

my christmas bag :D

dsc03790_1__by_akarifan25_dex29l8-pre.jpg
dsc03791_1__by_akarifan25_dex29mh-pre.jpg
dsc03792_1__by_akarifan25_dex29ne-pre.jpg
dsc03793_1__by_akarifan25_dex29o6-pre.jpg
a lot of those snacks, i bought of tofu cute separetely :>

Last edited:
For the past few years I've had trouble thinking of good presents to get from my parents + sister. We also live on different continents so it's easier for me to buy things here with the money rather than pay for shipping (I'll send them things, though).

This year I got two main items!

-A combination toaster oven/microwave/steamer! I got it used for around $200 (normally it's over $500) and am really excited to use it. Since Japanese apartments don't come with ovens there have been a lot of things I couldn't make for a while
-An at home IPL device. I've wanted to do hair removal since, well, I got hair haha It's supposed to work pretty well

I think I have some left over money so I'll use that on AC merch from Nintendo Tokyo (might have to pick up that oven mitt!). As an adult I don't spend much money on things like entertainment or do-dads so it can be hard to think of good gifts for me so I'm glad I had some things this year. Sometimes I have leftover cash (and honestly I'd prefer to just keep it) but people normally prefer that I spend it on something

A NASA t-shirt
A Nintendo 64 t-shirt
A hoodie
A gaming keyboard by Razer
A gaming mouse by Razer
A $20 Steam gift card
A $20 Nintendo eShop gift card
A download code for the full digital version of Metroid Dread...easily the best of the gifts

All and all I couldn't be happier.:)

After marrying into another family and having kids of my own, my original 4 person gift exchange has exploded into 20ish people (grandparents, in laws, aunts, nephews, etc.) My favorite activity is wrapping gifts, which probably evolved from my origami obsession as a kid.

What I received:
  • Money
  • An iPhone (which I still haven't converted to, since I've been an Android user forever)
  • Cricut (omg y'all, who's ready for some stickers?!!!?)
  • Sailor moon shirt, so much nostalgia
  • Gift cards
  • Snacks of both sweet and savory variety😋
  • Baker's sealed containers, bought for myself to protect the brown sugar supply i have to keep replacing
  • Rainbow drawer organizer shelf
  • Whiteboard, to mount
  • A gorgeous tablecloth with watercolor flowers
And some art from other tbt users, which is so lovely; I love receiving art!
This is probably the most expensive Christmas haul I have ever received, so I'm hoping everyone is alright monetarily. I appreciate that I'm in a place in my life to comfortably enjoy my hobbies now, but the struggle to save responsibly and reserve funds for charity has always been present in my upbringing.

I am absolutely obsessed with Baby Yoda (yes I know his name is Grogu but I have chosen to ignore that) to the point where my family teases me about it (playfully of course). This is the second Christmas in a row where 95% of my presents were Baby Yoda-themed, not that I'm complaining! I took a picture of some of them for my Cookie's Celebratory Compositions entry. Not included: A second T-shirt that I was wearing when the photo was taken that has since been washed and I am wearing again, a box of Band-Aids, and a mini skillet.

Uu1OX3t.jpg

I got nice presents for my whole family and a few friends, really thought it through, and I got really cool stuff from them too. : )

- my mother in law knitted a snood and a chapka for me, which are totally awesome, along with a jar of honey
- she also got me three little notebooks on which you can write even when it's raining and it doesn't get soaked with water, so I stop losing all my notes because of the weather
- my father in law got me a garden fork and three Pokémon boosters
- my sister in law got me a French comic book which I have yet to read
- boyfriend got me Nier Replicant on PS4

From my family I got :
- clothes (a hoodie, two pairs of socks and a jacket) from a local surfwear brand I love and which uses organic cotton so all the better
- a backpack made of recycled plastic bottles, I really like the design. Mine were in a reaaaally bad state so it was more than time for me to get a new one
- a harness for my binoculars so that they stop killing my neck everytime I have to carry them all day
- 6 naturalist books (on to identify shieldbugs, an atlas referencing the butterflies from my region, one about dragonflies, one to identify flying birds, one about urban ecology and a local magazine about nature)
- a subscription to two naturalist magazines
- two boxes of chocolate from local chocolatiers

I have yet to receive the package my dad and sisters sent me so I don't know what they got me. Pretty sure it's gonna be a book but I might be wrong. :>

One of my friends gave me a wooden kind of 3D puzzle to build, and I meet another one next week with whom I have yet to exchange presents. : )

I'm really happy and everybody seemed pleased with the presents I got them (I love gifting stuff as much as recieving) so overall it was a really nice Christmas for me.

Last edited:
Ooh i didn't know this thread existed! Here were my top 3 favorite gifts:
3772F32B-E6A2-4634-90C4-762AF57FC180.jpeg
I got the coolest dr martens which im soooooo excited about because i've wanted docs for a while now. I've been coordinating them with outfits and its been such a blast.
F12080C8-EEBC-4D49-A713-AEE9A77CAC8A.jpeg
My mom managed to snatch the sailor mon colourpop set and lets just say im obsessed... seriously though its so pretty😭

I also got splatoon 2 which totally owns up to the hype. I've had a blast.

our family has a system where everyone gets everyone a gift and i feel like i was pretty creative this year! Everything else i got and gave was awesome.

Last edited:
Back