• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas?

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Happy holidays to all who celebrate! 🎅

When I was a teenager (y'know, back in the dinosaur age) my favourite thread to read on forums on Christmas Day was the one where everyone shared their gifts.

Christmas for my family doesn't really involve presents anymore. It's more about the meal and getting drunk. My partner is spending it with my parents and I this year and we exchanged gifts before bed last night. She bought me a book and this adorable keyring (picture under spoiler) that connects with hers to form a paopu fruit - which if you've played Kingdom Hearts you'll understand the significance of. 🖤

20211225_121900.jpeg

Happy holidays to all who celebrate! 🎅

When I was a teenager (y'know, back in the dinosaur age) my favourite thread to read on forums on Christmas Day was the one where everyone shared their gifts.

Christmas for my family doesn't really involve presents anymore. It's more about the meal and getting drunk. My partner is spending it with my parents and I this year and we exchanged gifts before bed last night. She bought me a book and this adorable keyring (picture under spoiler) that connects with hers to form a paopu fruit - which if you've played Kingdom Hearts you'll understand the significance of. 🖤

That keyring is stunning! 😍

Aside from money from my dad (which I've given to my mum as I don't use physical money anymore) and a food hamper from my best friend, that was it for me this year present wise. The older I've gotten the less I want presents because most years I get things I don't need like novelty Christmas items/food. So this year aside from the two presents I've mentioned I've not had anything else and I'm content with that and will be for the foreseeable future too. 😊

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a peaceful day however you celebrate this time of year. 🎄💚

We don't really celebrate Christmas like before when we were kids. so today is a just a normal day for us. That said, a couple weeks back I ordered for myself a Balmuda toaster. It's expensive but I heard a lot of praise for it and as a toast connoisseur myself, I'll pay a good price for a toaster that can elevate my morning toast experience. I was supposed to get it in time for Christmas but due to delays in shipping, it hasn't arrived yet. So my christmas gift is delayed until after the holidays 😬

this is also one of my favourite threads to read every year !!

christmas felt a little different this year because i introduced my boyfriend to my family yesterday. he got me a book of saturday nyt crossword puzzles and mitski tickets (i got him a chess board and big thief tickets). from my family today, i received a chanel pocket mirror and makeup bag, a jumper i wanted from & other stories, a hamper of japanese sweets (something i appreciate as they used to send them to my dorm last year), a spa bathrobe, and money to stock up on my makeup essentials for the year !

i got my mum a lipstick from chanel, which i found out was the shade she wore at her wedding and she thought had been discontinued because she could never find it. i got my dad a 12 day advent calendar style collection of craft beers that came with snacks, socks and a stein, which he absolutely loved ! i always find it hard to buy for him since he never asks for anything, so it was nice to be able to get him something he can enjoy and try things he's never tasted.

it was also my birthday a few days ago, and i saw my boyfriend the next day for dinner. he gave me miss dior eau de toilette, which is something i pointed out when we were at an airport a few weeks ago and it was very sweet of him to get me (particularly as he knows my mum is sensitive to harsh smells and he figured the eau de parfum would have been too much for her in passing - very considerate). on my birthday i received my dream dress from realisation par, dior lip glow oil, and a new yorker covers postcard collection.

a lovely week surrounded by love in the form of company from those i love and through the thoughtfulness of gift giving ! i love receiving gifts, but always feel like i'm awful at giving. this year, i felt very surrounded by love, and looked forward to giving gifts to my favourite people in the world.

hope everyone is having a wonderful day ! <3

We were a little strapped for cash, so I didn't get any gifts this year. I broke into my emergency fund and got my boyfriend an assortment of beanies though, my grandfather some good Belgian chocolate, and some dice for a friend. I love gift-giving.

today i got a new jacket, some money, and some art themed socks! i also broke the windshield on my car last month and my parents helped me pay for that, so i would consider that huge gift.

lets see i got:
4 plushies
a doll
a pillow filled with small cat plushes
a poster
3 shirts
a hoodie
a pusheen coloring book
a sanrio backpack
a pusheen keychain

my mom went kinda overboard this year but im not complaining lol😭

and thats just from my own house, from other sides of the family i got some other plushies, a robe, gift cards ect

i actually opened my gifts yesterday night on christmas eve because that’s my family’s tradition. i got a few gift cards, a gaming keyboard and mouse, some pots for my plants, AC plushies, some clothes, and tickets to see billie eilish in concert in february 😭 let’s hope that omicron calms down

Last edited:
this is gonna make me sound horrible, but my favorite part about christmas is receiving presents lmao. (and giving them tbf.) maybe because i'm generally very frugal and don't have a lot of interests, so it's rare that i buy myself gifts during the rest of the year, and when christmas comes i can ask for things i want/ed but not enough to justify buying them for myself. obviously as i've gotten older, i get less presents, and thankfully my parents didn't buy me anything i didn't specifically ask for this year, so i don't have any novelties or meh things taking up unnecessary space. (i know it's the thought that counts, but i don't have a lot of space, especially as i share a room.) this year i asked for (and received):
  • the 3 pokemon TCG eeveelution tins (jolteon, flareon and vaporeon) -- i'm not a pokemon card collector, but those are my three favorite pokemon, and i mostly just wanted the tins and their special cards for my wall. i didn't get any good pulls from the card packs inside anyway lmao.
  • some plushies. two different rabbits and a fat squishy unicorn.
  • donkey kong: tropical freeze for the switch.
  • 3 enamel pins from my sister. (a nine-tailed fox, superhero molang and bananya.)
  • 2 sets of pyjamas. a navy blue set with gingerbread men on the pants and a gingerbread man with the caption "i'm the cutest!" on the shirt, and a fluffier pink/white set with a unicorn on the shirt. and they both have pockets!
  • a box of ferrero rochers. my favorite chocolate. shame they're so expensive 😭
  • £150 since everyone had a budget of £300, and that's what was left over for me. i'm gonna use it to commission some oc art in the near future >3< and it also recoups the £80 i dropped on crumb merch the other weekend oop-
other than that, my nan is coming tomorrow, so i'll have a few more gifts then. i asked for pyjamas and money, but there'll probably be a hygiene related set because there always is with her asdfghj. and then my girlfriend is hopefully coming on the 27th, and we have a year's worth of gifts to give each other, so. exciting!

i didn't get anything for christmas because money is tight and i'm a mess of stress and mental illness. there, better?

Same, it's really sweet seeing what people get tbh.

Got money, chocolate, hand creme, shampoo/conditioner, a cardigan, and a paperback (The Emigrants by Vilhelm Moberg). Might treat myself with something online as well, I see some nice stores having sales!

I received a boatload of gift cards (literally) and some other things, but those I received early. I got some money, as well. My gifts are pretty much the same every year: money and gift cards.

I got a keychain of Gorou from Genshin Impact along with 3 art prints of fanart for the game, volumes 10-12 of the MHA manga, stickers, a 2022 wall calendar, a necklace and pair of earrings, and a plushie of Shinobu from Demon Slayer! My friend also drew 2 of my favorite anime characters for me and I love them so much<3

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got these from family and friends:
A hat/mittens/scarf set
A bath and body works lotion, shower gel, and perfume set
A pair of socks that say “My Cat Doesn’t Like You Either”
A mini skillet brownie kit
A Harry Potter Gryffindor leather journal with and elder wand pen

plus I had some extra money so I bought/ordered myself Crash Bandicoot N’sane Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch and a new tshirt

my other friend has a gift for me too but I don’t see him until Tuesday

I got a pair of floral Dr. Marten's boots, some Switch games, an iced coffee maker, gift cards, and a Hello Kitty tamagotchi from my partner. Among other things. They always spoil me 💜
I got some gift cards from other people and cash as well.

Well, since my dad has been unemployed the past year due to COVID, me and my brothers did not get a whole lot! However, I'm still very grateful.

From my coworkers I got;

⚘ $15 Dunkin gift-card from my Secret Santa (who just so happens to be my favorite coworker, wth lol)
⚘ A Zhongli keychain from my other favorite coworker
⚘ Two lottery tickets (scratch-offs)! I won $3 total from them, I think.

From my Dad and step-mom I got;

⚘ An essential oil diffuser with a bunch of tree-scented essential oils (pine, spruce, etc). Along with some citrusy ones!
⚘ A desk-mat for my desk. Pink, of course c:
⚘ The first 3 volumes of the Jujutsu Kaisen manga. The 1st volume is arriving late, so for now I only have the 2nd and 3rd volume.
⚘ A capture card so I can FINALLY stream Animal Crossing on Twitch ;v; Trying to set it up right now, but it's hard bc I'm not... exactly tech-savvy with these things.
⚘ A Mari Ohara figurine to add to my growing collection of Mari Ohara figurines! I currently have 5.
⚘ Some Sesame Street Bomba socks. Big Bird and Elmo. Since my old Elmo ones have holes in them, my dad decided to get me another pair c:
⚘ A Funshine Bear stuffed animal. My dad now works at a warehouse and sees them all the time, and I kept begging for one for Christmas, so that's what I received!
⚘ Some frog-shaped chocolate peanut butter candies owo

and from my mom, I haven't visited her yet bc her boyfriend might have COVID and refuses to get tested ('cause he's weird), but I got to pick out my presents SOO I already know what I'm getting from her ;v;

⚘ A new iPhone charger, 'cause mine is on her last legs :"D
⚘ A Satoru Gojo plushie! He's so cute. He has his blindfold on but when you lift it up, I was really surprised to see they added his eyes. HE IS SO GORGEOUS...
⚘ A Rengoku shirt ;v; I already have one from UNIQLO but I need more merch of my husband, LOL.
⚘ Some socks. I need new socks, I love socks. I got some Sanrio socks, some cat-paw socks, and uhh... Some Animal Crossing socks, I think.
⚘ Bath and Body Works perfumes and lotions (Winter Peach Marshmallow is my favorite of the new holiday scents, and I just needed the perfume in that scent, so she got that for me)! Along with some other things.
⚘ and she said she got me a surprise but I'm not sure what it is yet.
⚘ I asked her for the Pompompurin wireless earbuds too, so I hope I get those as well. If not, I will most likely just buy 'em myself!

Merry Christmas everybody! :3

I got
- ring fit adventure
-a guinea pig plush
-lotion from bath and body works
-a purple dress
-a shirt that has schnauzers on it
-a snow globe that I almost broke because I opened the box upside down
-a puzzle
-a lego kit
-fake sanrio amiibos
-a dvd
-a diamond painting kit
- some schleich farm animals (a chicken coop, lamb, pig, donkey, and a rabbit hutch set)
-some notebooks
-a bunch of different chocolate and candy

My parents got me a soft shirt and pj pants, some beef jerky, and lip balm and a some cash. My grandma gave me some cash.

Back