• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what did you get for christmas? (2022 edition) 🎄🎁

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
merry christmas to everyone celebrating today, i hope you’re all having a terrific day so far! 💝

one of my favourite parts about christmas is seeing what gifts people get each year, so i thought i’d make a thread for people to show off what gifts they’ve received so far this holiday season!

i received 3 big gifts (a new backrest pillow, a new table, and a hoodie with a picture of my late kitty’s face on it!) and many stocking stuffers from my mom! i love and am so grateful for everything i received this year! 🥰
got some new lip balms,
277F18ED-5B6E-434C-BD0D-1F39EC6A5A97.jpeg

a bunch of chocolates and candies (receiving pez in my stocking every year is a tradition ☺️),
21CF7C07-2498-42B0-958A-223CB5B50356.jpeg

and my absolute favourite stocking stuffer this year — fox slipper socks!! 🥺
24C3E713-790F-4E41-8934-AD8979BB4571.jpeg

This was given to me two months months early, but it was technically a Christmas/Birthday gift for me. Basically I bought my favorite person something and gave it to her, and she gave me these. She left it on the passenger seat of my dad’s car while I was at a hockey game. I found the gesture really sweet. It was supposed to be for the holidays but she felt obligated because I gave her a random gift, lol. I still love this, regardless. The Croconaw plush has so much sentimental value to me.
56D5C4E8-76A0-4630-A6EB-E278AA7A064D.jpeg
Additionally, I got a bunch of gift cards to places that I like to shop. I ended up purchasing some black Nike socks with one gift card to a sporting goods store. The color just looks better with my shoes. I don’t know what I’ll get with the Fanatics gift card so I’m just saving it for now, but a lot of my clothes come from there.

I typically receive gift cards and lottery tickets as opposed to physical gifts because I’m a self-proclaimed minimalist.

I don’t really get actual things for Christmas anymore, instead, I just got a lot of money 🤑🤑🤑🤑

I tried ordering some Victoria’s Secret fragrances, so let’s see how that works out ^^ I also used some of it to buy points on DeviantArt. ^^

i got the billie eilish perfume, eilish no. 1
i have had the travel tube version but i wanted the bigger one because i love the bottle design

the cricut explore air 2
i asked my parents for this mainly because i want to start my own small business on etsy, i plan on making stickers with it.

dr. martens jadon iii boots, i love them they look so cool.

unfortunately i can’t post any photos because the files are too big :(

Last edited:
I didn’t get anything for Christmas day. Earlier in the month I bought myself ties. I didn’t even ask for money this year quite honestly. I want Christmas to be more of a random normal day in my life so it kinda didn’t cross my mind to make anything of it gift-wise this year.

I got a pair of winter boots from my grandma, which is really practical since my old pair was ripping at the soles and slush/snow would seep into them. These new boots also make me about an inch taller, which is good for someone who stands at 5'3".

I got a $99 Nintendo eShop card from my older brother, which I'm probably going to save for when Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (BotW 2) is available. If not, then I'll get another Switch game (hoping to get Cooking Mama: Cookstar).

I got a pair of Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons, but looking at them closely I think they're third-party remotes. Either way, I'm glad I don't have to borrow my brother's Joy-Cons now.

I also got three Nintendo Switch games - Yoshi's Crafted World, WarioWare: Get It Together!, and Instant Sports.
I got a Peach Wii Remote (With Wii MotionPlus Inside) as an early gift last month, which I'm still counting.

1671999563323.png

1671999573193.png

1671999580812.png

1671999605550.png
Overall, this year's been a pretty Nintendo Christmas. XD

- these Timberland boots
l02gy158512s.jpg
- Wireless noise cancelling headphones
- A few boxes of chocolates
- Box of mini scented candles
- A box of different scented body mists
- A couple of history books
- Pikachu hat from my little sister lol
- Money

merry christmas to everyone celebrating today, i hope you’re all having a terrific day so far! 💝

one of my favourite parts about christmas is seeing what gifts people get each year, so i thought i’d make a thread for people to show off what gifts they’ve received so far this holiday season!

i received 3 big gifts (a new backrest pillow, a new table, and a hoodie with a picture of my late kitty’s face on it!) and many stocking stuffers from my mom! i love and am so grateful for everything i received this year! 🥰
got some new lip balms,
View attachment 474306

a bunch of chocolates and candies (receiving pez in my stocking every year is a tradition ☺️),
View attachment 474308

and my absolute favourite stocking stuffer this year — fox slipper socks!! 🥺
View attachment 474307
Those fox socks are adorable! 🥺💖

💖 We've done Secret Santa in our family for a few years now, given that there are a few of us. One of my older sisters was my santa and she got me some bath mats and a spice rack (I usually put household items on my wishlist, and both were on it, so I'm very happy with those!).
💖 I also got money and a gift card from my mum. She is supposed to be part of Secret Santa, but she always gives something extra to everyone, and you can't really refuse her (it doesn't work). ❤️
💖 Other things I got were a Procreate drawing book, a Pokémon mug, a board game, and Spirit of the North for Switch! I also got a few other items from various people.
💖 Also super thankful for my Secret Santa Christmas art from @/Plume! I am in love with it!

I'm very grateful for everything. ❤️

- December Nihonbox (with a sweet Lugia figurine)
- a gift package of winter lotions and a grain pillow
- Animal Crossing Isabelle water bottle, very yellow
- Animal Crossing Wild World somehow (I wanted it)
- chocolate, some money and a pair of warm socks
- a beautiful blue butterfly necklace from my bestie
- a cutting board and garden lantern from my s/o

Surprisingly no Switch games, because I asked for a Nihonbox instead. Pokémon came early.

Quite a bit combined from wife, parents, and in-laws. Very thankful for it all :)

- $300
- $50 Walmart gift card
- 5 funko pops (3 House of the Dragon, 2 Marvel)
- knitted blanket
- honeymoon framed photos
- first Christmas/wedding ornaments
- customized mushroom themed fungo bat
- 2 sweatpants
- Game of Thrones pajamas
- Game of Thrones shirt
- mouse
- Avengers mousepad
- customized Yoshi Xbox controller
- Splatoon Nintendo switch joy-cons
- customized animal crossing pet (frog and rabbit) magnets
- Yankees calendar
- cat toys
- some paper castle thing

Few to go tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is everything combined from all of my huge family and friends.

• An electric guitar with a book on how to play
  • $100 in gift cards- I’m not sure what to spend it on yet
  • A camera with film and a portable case
  • A pair of bluetooth headphones and a microphone
  • Some Harry Potter pajamas
  • New pieces for the Harry Potter magical minis set I got last year
  • A Harry Potter lego set
  • Some candy
  • An Amphibia T-shirt
  • An Amphibia final episode poster
  • A Frozen off-the-shoulder bag
  • A Tom Nook plushie
  • Some lip glosses
  • And a few fidget toys
I’m extremely happy with what I got, and I’m very grateful!

One of the gifts I got today was this neat thing:

887B1618-BC89-493D-B3CD-932856353000.jpeg

I’ve love hedgehogs and have seen other cute needle felt items, so I’m looking forward to trying this out!

Also thankful it’s labeled as being “Easy Peasy” 🦔😅

What I received from family
- tin of green tea
- candy (reese's)
- a set for sushi; came with plates and chopsticks
- black eyeliner
- beauty blender
- hello kitty limp balm in a macaron shape :eek: <3
- some cash

and then for the first time ever! I am exchanging gifts with my bff on here @A r i a n e <333
I won't spoil what I got her since it's not there yet but I got TONS of stuff from my sweetie pie bff ;-;
- a polaroid of us in acnh going on a museum date; its the first the we did when we played together <3
- TONS of paper crafts, some ornaments, some cards, etc (she is VERY talented in paper art and much more art styles)
- a photo of her drawing my OC character, which was stunning. (clicky to see)
- two paper crafts with each of my cats names; one (Teddy) who has sadly passed, I cried so hard opening that gift 🥺 (clicky to see)
- tons more which is pictured before. Most all was handmade by her and her family!
IMG_0880.jpg

Last edited:
this year was the first time my boyfriend and i have spent christmas together - after meeting my parents on christmas eve last year, he stayed over for christmas this year! it's lovely reminiscing on the year past, during which we moved in together.

my birthday is on the 20th, so christmas week feels like a double feature events-wise. it was my 21st and my parents wanted to get me something special, so i got the shoes i have pined over for years and years - the carel kina in red! they also got me a lovely brooch of a field mouse as a keepsake jewellery, and the book of goose by yiyun li which i've been meaning to read. they came and visited me and we went out to one of my favourite restaurants for lunch. my boyfriend got me an acne studios scarf, a very niche book (i had mentioned a curiosity about emma thompson's published diaries on the set of sense and sensibility lol) and a disposable camera. after he finished work we went to our favourite arcade and took me out to a restaurant we'd been meaning to go to together. his mum also sweetly got me the mitten kitten jellycat.

for christmas i'd given my parents loose suggestions to pick from of things i'd buy for myself if i had the money, not expecting anything because i knew i was getting those shoes. they got me the jollipop elephant jellycat, the nursery friends sylvanian families set (i am carrying them everywhere!!), a little black dress from coucou intimates, a microwaveable hedgehog heating pad plush, my favourite lancome mascara i'd run out of, and a couple of books i'd also mentioned (a really fun looking copy of the portable dorothy parker, and i used to be charming by eve babitz). my boyfriend got us tickets to see the nutcracker in the new year, which i've been talking about wanting to see since we met, and although quite festive, neither of us would feasibly have had the time to see it this month with our schedules and ticket demand on our free days. i was very excited to give him his gifts, which were a sweet bandana/neckscarf with a cat embroidered in the middle (he wears them tied at the front like a boyscout and i wanted to find him another one good enough and his style) and a coffee table book about tuscany (we plan on getting engaged at some point next year, and we talk about eloping in tuscany a lot). other relatives gave me gift cards conveniently to the same drugstore, where i ordered a lot of makeup essentials i need replenishing.

My Christmas was very plentiful this year. My brothers gifted me two Criminal Justice textbooks for my classes. They also bought me a huge wheel of Sharpies, which I can always use. My brother's girlfriend got me some Prismacolor colored pencils. Very generous of her. My parents bought me some clothes, a Sailor Moon t-shirt, a Nirvana t-shirt, the Corpse hoodie I've been wanting for a while, and two pairs of jeans. They also got me some new AirPods, since my brother's old ones weren't very good. My grandparents gave me a generous amount of money, which is always nice. My best friend got me copies of Edward Scissorhands, Spirited Away, and Sleepy Hollow on DVD. My other best friend gave me a Victor from Corpse Bride funko, which I absolutely love.

My Christmas was very nice, and I enjoyed spending time with my family. I hope everyone's was wonderful as well!

2x sweatpants
2x thermal long sleeve shirts
a thermal hoodie
new shoes
FireTV stick 4k
Sonic Frontiers
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Eastward
and a $50 Nintendo eShop card

Yep, all in all, I'd say I did pretty good!:D

Back