• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what did you get for christmas? (2022 edition) 🎄🎁

I got a good amount of stuff this year!

- $70 eShop card (The four games I bought it with have been mentioned on the recent gaming purchases thread)
- $35 GameStop card
- $25 Barnes & Noble Card
-$50 Visa card
- Four novels
- A white noise machine
- Custom thumbsticks for my Switch Pro controller
- Pokemon Blue version
- A Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak

my family isn't huge into gift giving so my presents are much less than most people I know but, I got a set of alcohol markers (not an expensive one), a shoulder bag (again not expensive) and a book. I'm happy with my gifts though and I'm happy I have my family around me and I don't value presents above my time with them.

My husband went above and beyond this year! He normally doesn't get me this much.

From my husband:
- A new bookcase to hold all my overflow books
- A boxset of the next 3 books in the Wheel of Time series (#7, 8, & 9)
- Two sloth t-shirts, one has representations of all 4 Hogwarts houses in sloth form
- A $20 Nintendo eShop gift card specifically intended to buy Lonesome Village which I've already purchased
- A bag of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark
- A bag of Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- A beautiful figure of Shalltear from the anime Overlord
1672163876431.png

From my family and in-laws:
- Money
- Clothes
- Amazon Prime subscription renewal

From a friend:
- A funny Tom Nook mug (*updated with photo*)
- A trio of Animal Crossing figures
1672164391728.png
Censored the naughty word
Nook Mug.jpg

Last edited:
Nintendo eShop Giftcard
GameStop Giftcard
New Insulated Water Bottle
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Bayonetta 3
Winter Boots
Candy
Money
Bookmarks

I got most of my wants which wasn’t that much, so I appreciated what I got this year.

- 2x turtleneck shirts
- a wool blanket
- a morning/bath robe
- money
- gift card at a book store
- concealer
- hair/body wash set: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion. from my fave brand

...and my uncle got me some licorice shoelace candy which is extremely rare here even where he/grandma lives so that was a nice surprise! usually grocery stores only carry the strawberry/caramel ones which are good but i looove the actual licorice ones!

also my birthday today for which i also got money, and my mom said she'd treat me to afternoon tea soon!

From my boss, I got:
- A chocolate gift basket
- $50 PlayStation gift card (was not expecting that, lol)
- HP Christmas Ornament
- Fuzzy owl socks (definitely appreciated since we got hit with a cold front recently!)

From my family, I received:
- 1 otome game (Birushana)
- Pre-order for Hogwarts Legacy (Yay!!)
- Rement figures of Wooper/Goomy/Quagsire (THE CUTEST!!!)
- Bulbasaur terrarium
- 2 books
- Another charm for my HP charm bracelet
- Ravenclaw pen
- Mushroom squishmallow wearing a scarf

I also got some candy and a few alcohol samplers in my stocking. :U

- Lots of skincare/bath stuff (including some snow fairy smellies - my absolute fave scent from Lush)
- New shoes
- a £30 voucher for clothes
- choccies
- new pjs
- my absolute new fave socks & coaster (pic attached)
- a joint gift for my partner and I, a BBQ!
- a new book
- a small card holder (not sure what the proper name is??)
- a ‘knit your own hat’ kit

So overall, I’ve been very spoilt this year!
IMG_2657.jpg

from my sister I got:

-a $25 Fandango gift card
-a $25 UberEats gift card
- a new journal

From a good friend I got a coloring book, some colored pencils and markers

My cats got a cactus scratching post, catnip infused paper bags to play in, and new toys

I'm happy with everything I got :) And I'm glad my friends and family liked the gifts I got them

I used the Fandango gift card to buy movie tickets for my friend and myself to see the new Avatar movie tonight, and I'll probably use the UberEats gift card in a couple weeks to order some Japanese food

🎁Our big gift this year was going on a cruise over Christmas! Besides that my family and I all decided to get each other some small packable gifts🎁

⭐️Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun books 15 and 16 (fr cried reading them lol)
⭐️ Pokemon Scarlet
⭐️A danish pastel collage kit and a guitar holder so I can put stuff on my walls
⭐️A sentimental bracelet from my dad
⭐️Some cute hair clips and socks
⭐️A matching deck of cards with my family

Overall I'm happy I get to have an unforgettable experience with the people I love most💕

Got through with belated Christmas celebrations yesterday ahaha, so here's all I got! ^^

xmas 2022.jpg

• Really pretty, sparkly water lily scented aquamarine soap
  • Set of four bubble baths/body washes
  • A ton of tea
  • An LED moon lamp that I didn't test out until after this picture was taken, but I'm pretty sure the wiring was faulty on it ;w; The batteries were in correctly and everything but it got uh, really hot really quickly.
  • AC Wild World!! Got it on Christmas and I've already been playing it for a bit. ^^
  • Very cute kitty pen and a cat mug
  • Two lip balms (honey and lavender!)
  • Three hand creams (all lavender/chamomile scent)
  • A pair of thick cozy sloth socks (they remind me of Leif ahaha)
  • Some metallic fleurs de lis! I like them, I'll have to find something to use them for.
  • A couple scarves!
  • Super sparkly owl ornament
  • A set of six chocolate truffles that I can't wait to try 🥺
  • The last few AC special character Amiibo cards I wanted!! I'm looking forward to making homes for everyone~! cx
  • Water brushes! I'm interested in trying these out.
  • And this incredibly cool steampunk quill and ink set!! 😭

Not pictured:
  • One Piece volume 101
  • Spending money
  • Some peppermint candy canes I pilfered from my grandmother's Christmas tree I'm kidding, they're free to grab every year
  • The peach ginger black tea and the white tea that I'd already drank before taking the photo 😅

Beyond doing the other half of our Christmas this past weekend, I decided to make a purchase with some of my gift money last night so I thought I could share that here.
I purchased a book about solitaire. Since I have been learning one player card games to help with stuff... I thought it might be worth getting a book. It is an old book, so it is used, but supposedly it $6 and was in good condition without highlights or notes scribbled in it so I am pretty happy. Some of the reviews mentioned there were some games in it that they haven't heard of before and others said that it was their favorite one player card game book out of all the ones they have purchased or read. I know a handful that I written down on paper but this book supposedly has 150 so that will be fun to explore when it gets here :)
Also I recently discovered a solitaire game called flower garden on youtube that looks like fun, but I haven't gotten around to writing it down on paper or drawing the set up for it. So it would be nice if it happens to be in that book so I won't have to then. :)

I got a lot of stuff for Christmas! Here are the highlights from my dad's house and my mom's:
From my dad:
Pokemon Scar/Vio Double Pack (GameStop Preorder)
Disney 5-surprise (basically junk, but funny junk)
Manga
Custom-made Sonic and Knuckles hoodies (Sonic in red, K.T.E. in blue)
Candy
Pokemon magazine
And, my most wanted gift:
A Nintendo Gamecube! Came with Mega Collection, I got a copy of AC: PG!, and SADX afterwards.

Mom:
Another Gamecube! No games yet...
A Grow-your-own terrarium kit!
Science set
Chocolate Santa
More candy
A pug ball plushie

Lots of highlights for me! I had a fun Christmas!

You all got some really cool things! I got a game called Stray where you play as a random stray cat trying to get back to their family. It's really cute lol.
my dad has that on his ps5!! it looks so cute

Late to the game but I got some crocs on sale and gummy bear jibbitz. I've always wanted crocs because they're really easy to slip on and off and are ok to get water on, which means I can slip them on and check the mail or take the trash out when there are puddles outside. I definitely... fist pumped and had a little happy dance for them. The gummy bear jibbitz make a world of difference and I freaking LOVE my crocs. I'm pretty sure middle school me would be cringing at my crocs love but hey...

I got a necklace! I was really surprised by it, it's really nice.

From family I just bought my own gifts haha. I'm counting my tickets for a drag show and M+G here (with queens from RPDR) as a present from my parents, maybe I'll get a clothes steamer soon and say that's what my sister got me. Since I couldn't physically see my family for Christmas I kind of let Christmas come and go without setting "real" presents for the money I got. But I did buy them presents!

Back