• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas (2023)? 🎄🎉✨

Here's what I got for Christmas this year:

♡ Animal Crossing Monopoly
♡ Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise
Animal Crossing Isabelle collector pin backpack

(You put your pins on display on the front of the backpack on the inside, this is a popular trend in Japan, called an ita bag. The photo shown in the web URL above is not mine, I wanted to show an example photo of what my new collector pin backpack looks like.)

♡ Aqua colored Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch Lite
♡ The Powerpuff Girls logo pin
♡ Crème x Sanrio unicorn Hello Kitty macaron lip balm
♡ Crème x Sanrio Cinnamoroll macaron lip balm
♡ Splatoon: Callie and Marie amiibo
♡ Legend of Zelda: Wolf Link amiibo
♡ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Link amiibo
♡ The Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf amiibo
Jump from paper backpack

(You should look this one up, it's a fun illustrated 3D backpack that looks like it came straight from a cartoon! The web URL shows the image of the color of the backpack I got.)

♡ A handmade clay pin of my favorite villager, T-Bone, by a super talented artist on Etsy who does clay pin art of Animal Crossing villagers, the artist's name is LunamoonieShop.

Here’s what I got for Christmas this year:

Nintendo gift cards
Pokemon 2024 calendar
Pokemon Scarlet and violet book
Giraffe socks
Giraffe pyjamas
Coloured pens
Disney Marie T-shirt
Slipper socks
Money & Disney official Stitch Plush

Here’s what I got for my birthday this year:

Disney dreamlight valley game
Donut socks
Donut bath fizzer
Nintendo gift cards
Giraffe ornament
Disney Lion king hoodie
Harry Potter Hama beads
Penguin necklace
Disney dreamlight valley guide book & money

Last edited:
I'm the type of person who loves to spoil loved ones but doesn't like to ask for anything in return. I did get two wonderful gifts that definitely surprised me, though!

My very first Kuromi plushie from Build-a-Bear! I've expressed interest in grabbing one but I never got around to it, so my sister beat me to it lol it was very kind of her! She said the purple Kuromi was the last one in stock at our local mall so she was very happy to have gotten it for me. I really appreciate the gesture! 💜 🥺

And I also got a lovely Kuromi long sleeve sweater to go along with her! I love long sleeves and lavender is my favorite color so these were very thoughtful and cute gifts. I love them very much! It's more than I could ever ask for. ✨💜
83230700332039~x20449051.jpg
goods_468487_sub14.jpg

I didn't get much, which pretty much matched my expectations. Someone got me AC:NH logo light from Ross (they know I have a history of loving Animal Crossing despite not having played regularly in a while). My housemate got me a luggage; I actually woke up and the luggage was right outside my bedroom door. I actually thought this was a hint for me to get out, but then I remembered that they got it because one of my luggage was damaged by the airline I flew with during my recent trip to Japan.

This year I got:

- Money (part of it will pay for another year of Amazon Prime)
- Lots of candy (I'll be set until Easter I'm sure)
- A Grinch hoodie
- A dark green sweater
- A Sloth cosplay onesie
- A Shark cosplay onesie
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the book)
- The final 3 books in the Wheel of Time series
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Weyward by Emilia Hart
- A pretty floral tea set (teapot, 2 cups, 2 saucers)
- A sampler set of teas
- A Stitch tsum tsum
- A reversible shark plushie from TeeTurtle
- A reversible spider plushie from TeeTurtle
- An Animal Crossing K.K. plushie

A lot of you are aware of my affinity for oddities and strange antiques after seeing my CItB props, and I got the coolest thing yesterday that I wanted to share. It's a fairy assemblage shadowbox made entirely using antique or vintage textiles.

View attachment 527663

I got a few more gifts in addition to this but few things jazz me the way old, weird things do.
This is beautiful! Your house must be the coolest place. You should give tours. lol

I got some great gifts, including the quilting patterns i really wanted. Candy, socks, gift cards...and some really great scissors - which nobody better use for any reason. I should probably hide them.

And probably the funnest thing of all - a game. But not just any game. It's called lightning reaction reloaded. Everyone holds a little handle, the noise plays and the light does its thing. Then when it stops, you press the button on your handle. The last person to push the button gets one heck of an electric shock. 🤣

And you get shocked if you push in too early, too. 🤣🤣🤣 It's hilarious, and kind of creepy, but lots of fun.

From others:
  1. Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones, something I didn't know I needed! Very nice surprise from my parents :)
  2. Two fluffy blankets! One from my bf and another from my parents (it was an extra gift they got so they decided to give it to me since I love soft blankets hehe)
  3. Fluffy Kuromi photocard holder!! My friend surprised me with this one, she knows I've wanted a Kuromi photocard holder for a while so she had it bought when her family when to Japan <3 I placed my Ena photocard in it because Ena and Kuromi are canonically friends!!
  4. A paint-a-bear set! My bf saw it randomly and thought I'd love to do some figure painting in my free time.
  5. Temp gun! Okay this is so minor but my temp gun's pretty beat up from more than a year of use, so having a new one definitely made me happy lol.
GCjyuNuakAA5KAS.png

I also got some stuff for myself!! Treated myself to lots on my wishlist since I've been so stressed LOL.
  1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my iPad! My laptop is SUPER heavy so having a more portable device where I can type fast is sooo useful. Definitely saved me lots of backaches this holiday season.
  2. Pink and white joycon shells! My left joycon has been drifting a little (it's not something that heavily affects my gameplay but it does irk me a lot) so I thought to get the joycons fixed and also have the shells replaced with pastel colors.
  3. Hori Eeveelution joycons! Related to the joycon drift, I just thought of getting another pair of (cheaper) joycons so I don't overuse my original joycons. I'm switching between the two pairs of joycons depending on what game I'm playing.
  4. Super Mario Maker 2! It was on sale and I've been meaning to play the game for a while, so I thought better now than later! Haven't fully been playing it yet due to being busy but I will once I get some free time.
Overall happy with my holiday haul!! Next is birthday haul mwehehehe.

omg I know this one!! I have a slingbag one that's colored yellow and blue, it's sooo cute <3

I meant to post here on Christmas but it completely slipped my mind, oops. I didn't get as much for Christmas (at least compared to previous years), but I don't mind since I'm really happy with my gifts!

As an early present, I got the entire Calvin & Hobbes collection! It's my favorite comic strip and is quite sentimental to me; My dad introduced me to it when I was in the 5th grade, when I was sick and couldn't get out of bed. Of course, reading through the comics now is a lot different from back then, since I understand more of the jokes now.
This is just the box cover, by the way.
20240102_153951.jpg

20240102_154204.jpg

I also got some amiibo figures! I'm really happy with the ones I got, since they're super cool. ^^
20240102_155536.jpg

20240102_155528.jpg
20240102_155521.jpg

And finally, I got a piano keyboard! I started playing it about a month ago, but couldn't practice outside of school. So now I can play/practice whenever!
20240102_154351.jpg

Overall, I had a good Christmas. I'm content with my presents, but I'm also happy with spending time with my family. :)

Here's my haul for right now!

I'm going to be receiving more later; for a complicated reason.
My little brother is in the Navy and couldn't make it home for Christmas this year.. so my mom wants us to wait to open the rest of our gifts until he comes home on the 24th ^^

From my mom, I received (to be updated on the 24th of January)

A Roku TV!!
I'm so glad I can finally watch anime in BED, instead of at my desk, lol.

From my dad, I got..

♡ Pompompurin spa headband
Makes my skincare routine so much easier now! :3
Hello Kitty nail-clippers
I'm so obsessed with them.. ;w;
A BTS throw blankey..
It's sooo cozy and comfortable!
Shark thumb-grips for my Switch
Everyone who knows me, knows I LOOOVE sharks, so these were soo cute T^T
Pusheen desk lamp
I accidentally left it running all night with the batteries in it.. I haven't replaced the batteries since -w-
Shark cartridge case for my Switch
This was also super cute! I'll have to post pics c:
A $25 Doordash gift-card
Which.. I already used >_>

Oooh. I got very spoiled this Christmas!!!

One of my besties got me a grinch tumbler
Another good friend got me a bunch of my nerd stuff: ie; Dustin from stranger things figure, some HP bitty pops, NBC sally tumbler. My boys got me hogwarts legacy for the switch and the movie Sound of Freedom and some of the 100 Ann Disney figures. Hubs got me my James Avery art glass North Pole charm, some HP bitty pops, and a NBC open front sweater hoodie, and a demogorgon keychain. My mom and step dad got me the newest ACNH complete guide, slippers, a new floofy rug, a James Avery hot cocao charm & pjs. My brother got me AWESOME Snorlax pj pants and a koopa plush. And my grandmother got me a replacement necklace chain since my last one broke.

I got so many wallets this year cuz they all needed them. Hubs got a new “plain” one after he washed his. Got oldest a Gengar wallet. Youngest a looks like nes super Mario bros wallet, oldest’s girlfriend a kate spade wallet, brother a Motörhead wallet. Also got each of my boys custom key caps for their pc’s. Oldest got Gengar and youngest got Umbreon. Also got both boys and hubs clothes. Got Amazon fires for my step dad and grandmother. Had a custom birth flower etched necklace made for my mom with both me and my brother and both boys on it for her. We all got so many awesome Christmas socks that I can’t even list them all.

Oh yeah and we got the genealogy done on the rescue pup we got back in may as well!!!

i got:
clothes
a ps2
Sonic Heroes for said PS2 (i also have the gamecube version)
an Atari version of the NES and SNES mini
Pokemon cards from the Scarlet/Violet 151 set
a calendar
the entirety of the Smash Ultimate fighter tapestry from the character reveals (idk if its the "Everyone is Here" one or the post-DLC one)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
A memory card and controllers for the playstation 2
A Pearl amiibo (i'm only missing a few Splatoon amiibo now, and by a few I mean a lot)
A tablet
A magnetic hourglass
a nightlight
and a copy of Sonic Riders (GCN and not player's choice) as a late gift.

I got Super Mario Bros. Wonder for the Nintendo Switch,Super Mario RPG for the Nintendo Switch,Madden NFL 24 for the Xbox One,Two copies of The Beatles Red Album . One was replaced with a Socks Heeler from Bluey Plush. I also got a Chilli Heeler Plush and a Talking Bluey plush.

didnt get that much, i got a gamecube a nintendo 64, 3 packages of fake nails for cosplay purposes, a fidget ring, a sonic the hedgehog strechy toy,loads of candy, a 60 dollar hot topic giftcard, a galaxy 3ds because my old red 3ds broke!, markers, and a dukin gift card!

Back