• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas (2023)? 🎄🎉✨

Christmas haul 2023.jpg

My Christmas haul for this year!! ;v;
From my parents:
-Froggy hat 🐸
-Sitting Cuties Golurk plush
-Volumes 102, 103, & 104 of One Piece (really need to finish reading volume 100 oops)
-Dragon Quest Treasures
-Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince

And from my grandparents:
-2 throw blankets
-4 pairs of really soft socks!
-A black lacy hairband
-Indigo & oak room/linen spray (I quite like the scent too!)
-50 glitter gel pens yessssss ✨
-Black cat sleep mask
-Assorted kitty hairclips (there's a really pretty opal-looking one, two different brown marbled ones, a solid black one, and a marbled black/dark gray one!)
-Star-shaped fairy lights that I'm super excited to put up aaaaa
-A nice grey scarf
-Some assorted teas!

I also got spending money from my parents, aunt, and grandparents, which I've put towards a few treats, permanently removing ads/doubling rewards in Usagi Shima, a chonky tiger family plush set, Pokémon Scarlet + DLC, and the Jack Jeanne Complete Collection artbook!! The artbook isn't expected to arrive until early February, so hey maybe I'll have actually finished the game by then I've actually still got some left over somehow?? I'll hold onto it for a while to see if anything must-have pops up for me, but otherwise I think I might use it for secondhand merch + maybe some commissions?? 👀

71TgPlcQvIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i love them

I got a PS5 (what I asked for) from my husband along with Spiderman 2, and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Google Pixel earbuds, and a Spider-Punk figure.
My mom got me a sweater with Gengars on it, a ton of little Kirby figures, a Kirby beanie, some Nintendo ornaments, and a realistic squid plush, my sister got me a big cat plush that can hold other plushies. My husband's grandmother crocheted me a scarf and blanket(!!!) And his parents gave me a $50 amazon gift card and a $50 Applebee's giftcard. Plus lots of candy! I am so spoiled. ☺️

got a few jumpers, dredge and a couple other videogameroos and some lindt chocolates. also got a chonk folder so that i can store my comedy posters and protecc ;u;

my sister bought me a smol cat print from etsy which is super funky!! and a sunset lamp too (hyped to set it up later)

We have the other half of our Christmas next weekend still. But so far I was given chocolate chip cookies, hersey kisses, teriyaki beef jerky, and some money. The money is going toward fish stuff I bought except, I think I'm going to use some of it to also buy one game... Trying to decide between Dave the diver or moonstone island. Insight is welcomed.

Christmas this year was crazy for me. Whenever I’m asked for my Christmas list I always say I don’t want anything or just get me gift cards to clothing stores or Barnes and Noble. My best friend and husband went above and beyond this year 🤯

From my best friend:
- blanket hoodie
- long sleeve van’s shirt
- sweater
- crossword/word search puzzle books
- new phone case & pop socket
- 2 new pairs of jeans
- owala water bottle

From my husband:
- a couple 1000 piece puzzles
- new comforter & pillow
- kindle holder & remote to read in bed
- board game
- an ipad & a case for it

From my mother-in-law:
- $50 Barnes and Noble gift card
- ferrero rocher chocolates

From my brother & his girlfriend:
- funny tshirt
- body care items from bath & body works

My mom and step-dad do a Christmas game for all of their adult children where we pull numbers out of a hat and the numbers correspond with random gifts. So this year from the Christmas game my husband and I got:
- tons of candy/snacks
- a few chapsticks
- a bottle of some delicious whiskey cider
- digital picture frame
- $50 visa gift card
- board games
- socks
- a mug

My 7 year old son was able to buy Christmas gifts from a holiday shop at his school and he ended up picking out a ring for me.. I lost my engagement ring in a lake back in September and he saw rings in the shop and said he picked that out for me since I lost my old one 🥹 His gift made me cry lol

here comes a long list 🤗
*heads-up: a lot of these are from artbox 🤗 *
DSC03949  2.jpg

my brother got me this

my brother also gave me this
DSC03951 2.jpg

DSC03952 2.jpg

i got this pusheen A4 sleeve folder from amazon

DSC03953 2.jpg

i got this Cinnamoroll Cool Touch Style Die Cut Light Large Blanket from artbox 🤗

DSC03954 2.jpg

i got this Cinnamoroll Embroidery Detail Long Light Woven Shawl Scarf from artbox 🤗

DSC03955 2.jpg
DSC03956 2.jpg

i got this My Melody Face Design Plush Shoulder Hand Bag from artbox 🤗

DSC03958 2.jpg

i got this Cinnamoroll 3 Way Knit Gloves and Handwarmers Set from artbox 🤗

DSC03959 2.jpg

i got these Cinnamoroll Adult Ankle Socks Happy Bag Set in Pouch from artbox

DSC03960 2.jpg

i got these My Melody Dot Face Design Adult Ankle Socks, PomPomPurin Stripe Face Design Adult Ankle Socks & Little Twin Stars Dot Face Design Adult Ankle Socks from artbox 🤗

DSC03961 2.jpg

i got this toy hammack from amazon

DSC03962 2.jpg

i got this Rilakkuma Classic Montage Clear Water Bottle from artbox 🤗

DSC03963 2.jpg

i got the hat in time switch game from amazon

DSC03965 2.jpg

i got harvest moon one world switch game from amazon🤗

DSC03966 2.jpg

i got the detective pikachu returns switch game from amazon

DSC03967 2.jpg

i got this 2014 cinnamoroll calander from etsy 🤗

DSC03968 2.jpg

DSC03969 2.jpg

my mum ordered these from argos 🤗

DSC03970 2.jpg

i got the harvest moon winds of anthros switch game from amazon

DSC03971 2.jpg

i got the story of seasons a wonderful life switch game.... from amazon.... cause i never played the gamecube version

DSC03972 2.jpg

my mum got me this 🤗

DSC03973 2.jpg
DSC03974 2.jpg
DSC03975 2.jpg

i got these BT21 Koya Minini Set of 3 Label Sticker Sheets, BT21 Chimmy Minini Set of 3 Label Sticker Sheets & BT21 Cooky Minini Set of 3 Label Sticker Sheets from artbox 🤗

DSC03977 2.jpg

i got this from my mum's friends, linda & david

DSC03978 2.jpg

my other brother, kris got me this pad

DSC03979 2.jpg

i got two Rilakkuma UsaUsa Baby Trunk Style Folding Storage Box Blue & a Rilakkuma UsaUsa Baby Trunk Style Folding Storage Box Pink from artbox 🤗

DSC03982 2.jpg

DSC03983 2.jpg

DSC03984 2.jpg

dsc03985_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlgpw-pre.jpg

dsc03986_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlgxs-pre.jpg

dsc03987_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlhcp-pre.jpg

dsc03988_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlhjt-pre.jpg

dsc03989_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlhpx-pre.jpg

dsc03990_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlhxy-pre.jpg

dsc03991_2_by_akarifan25_dgmli2e-pre.jpg

i got these from tofucute 🤗

dsc03992_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlia8-pre.jpg
dsc03993_2_by_akarifan25_dgmligy-pre.jpg
dsc03994_2_by_akarifan25_dgmlilz-pre.jpg

i got these from my mum's friend, caroline :3

- Money from extended family

- £50 Amazon voucher from my dad
- 2 books from my dad
- new phone chargers from my dad
- Malaysian + Thai + Japanese food kits from my dad
- Various biscuits and sweet treats from both of my parents

- 2 mini bottles of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku perfume from my sister (this was a throwback, I used to collect them when I was a teenager and they don't sell them anymore, but she got them from Vinted lol)
- Travel journal from my sister

My big present from my parents will be a new bed (going from single to double), but we decided to wait until after christmas because none of us had enough time to go to Ikea beforehand 😅

To update my previous post in here, the gifts my boyfriend got me arrived today:
He got me a ukulele Christmas classics songbook, a Zelda piano solos songbook , Alfred’s Essentials of Music Theory: A Complete Self-Study Course for all musicians , and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the kingdom videogame for my Nintendo switch

LOVE everything and am super excited to get into all this :D

—Super Mario Wonder
—Skincare and lotions/creams
—Face mask
—Sloth pens
—Gnome socks and “Be Useful” socks from Arnold’s pump club
—Chocolates
—Christmas lottery tickets/scratch-offs
—Barrettes
—Stuffed animals
—A 2024 Cincinnati Zoo calendar
—Headbands
—Noise-cancelling headphones
—2024 Guinness Book of World Records
—Cozy shirts and pants
—A blanket
—A planner
—PJs

I got a shirt that's way too small and not anything I would wear and a box of cake mix that was expired. (Pretty sure they just grabbed stuff in the house to declutter and act like they were giving me something lmao) I'm not going to put much effort into them anymore. Might give them a giftcard next year or just regift them the cake and shirt.

My sister got me Super Mario RPG and just now my other sister showed up to give me Pikmin 4 and Detective Pikachu. I didn't know I was getting any of those games so it was a cool surprise. I made their gift and it was cool project. I'll show pictures of the process later. These gifts were memorable, but so was the thoughtless gift for the wrong reasons lol.

I got a shirt that's way too small and not anything I would wear and a box of cake mix that was expired. (Pretty sure they just grabbed stuff in the house to declutter and act like they were giving me something lmao) I'm not going to put much effort into them anymore. Might give them a giftcard next year or just regift them the cake and shirt.

My sister got me Super Mario RPG and just now my other sister showed up to give me Pikmin 4 and Detective Pikachu. I didn't know I was getting any of those games so it was a cool surprise. I made their gift and it was cool project. I'll show pictures of the process later. These gifts were memorable, but so was the thoughtless gift for the wrong reasons lol.
Who gave you the shirt and the expired cake mix? They might as well have given you a lump of coal or nothing at all, like goddamn

A lot of you are aware of my affinity for oddities and strange antiques after seeing my CItB props, and I got the coolest thing yesterday that I wanted to share. It's a fairy assemblage shadowbox made entirely using antique or vintage textiles.

IMG_6823.jpeg

IMG_6822.jpeg

IMG_6821.jpeg

IMG_6820.jpeg

IMG_6819.jpeg

I got a few more gifts in addition to this but few things jazz me the way old, weird things do.

IMG_0257.jpeg

I got

From my partner:
- a £50 voucher at a beauty salon
- prada paradox perfume
- my fave moisturiser
- cat socks (not pictured!)
- dr jart camo drops
- body wash

From my grandparents:
- soap and glory set
- wine
- baileys hot chocolate bombs

From my auntie and uncle:
- a £50 voucher to one of our favourite restaurants

From my partner’s parents:
- some Aldi dupes (setting spray, hair care, body wash)
- a set of face masks
- a new loofah
- 2 candles (coffee cake and salted caramel)
- a bath bomb
- some socks
- chocolates
- a Kipling dupe bag from their trip to Vietnam!!
- hairbobbles
- socks
- my fave face wash/moisturiser
- chocolates
- a trip to go see a magic show
- £50 asos voucher

From my partners sister & husband:
- some essential oils drops
- some cat PJs
- some vegan hot chocolate shots

From my partners grandparent:
- some PJs

From my work secret Santa:
- a Barbie oodie
- some Stitch slippers

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. I am so grateful ❤️ but whilst I am grateful for the presents, what makes Christmas so special to me is the company. I spend Christmas with my partners parents and this year was a little different as we had a new addition to the family 🥹 he is only 4 months old but getting to cuddle him and hear him giggle made my day 🥰

Looks like everyone else was spoiled too!

Who gave you the shirt and the expired cake mix? They might as well have given you a lump of coal or nothing at all, like goddamn
My one sister lol. I didn't look at the date until later. I still got some nice stuff from others though so I didn't care that much.

It sounds like everyone got some really nice stuff!

I got the following gifts this year. Pretty decent haul overall, with more gifts still to come in January for my birthday.
  • Three calendars
  • Bolts hoodie
  • $130 in gift cards
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
  • Octopath Traveller II (Switch)
  • WarioWare: Move It! (Switch)
  • Tunic (PS4)
  • Red Dead Redemption (PS4)
  • Sonic Superstars (PS5)
  • NHL 24 (PS5)

I got some money from my dad, but because I don't use physical cash anymore I passed it onto my mum to put towards shopping instead. Aside from that I didn't get anything and I'm more than happy with that as it takes out the annoyance of "filler presents" and the potential for being disappointed if you don't get what you hoped for. 😊

Back