• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas?

100$ sephora giftcard
doc martins
thumb piano
<3

i celebrated yesterday but i got a wayv take over the moon album, hot sauce nct dream jewel case, a cardigan, and a rain jacket :]

this is also definitely one of my favourite threads! i also love watching 'what i got for christmas' hauls on yt, idk why i just get so excited seeing what other people got. my main gifts this year were a little coffee machine + a kindle (both of which i am INSANELY excited about), and other than that i got a lot of shower sets from family, a new throw, a starry light projector and a few other little bits

I got a new Switch Pro Controller, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and my dad gave me a $50.00 check for me. This Christmas went better than last year in terms of the gifts I got.

$850 from different family members
A Foot Massage Thing (this was from the Dirty Santa that we play every year)
Candy
Some Cute Dresses and Outfits

I'm so happy with my gifts this year, especially the ones from my husband. I'm always happy to get anything, but this year everyone nailed it.

From family:
- Some money
- Another year's subscription to Amazon Prime
- A super soft and cozy sloth blanket
- Some sloth pajamas
- Some T-Shirts
- Candy

From my husband:
- Candy (specifically the Candy Cane Hershey kisses that were sold out at the grocery store when I went)
- A new shark mug
- A box set of the first three Wheel of Time books (since I've been loving the show)
- A donation made in my name to the WWF to symbolically adopt and protect a whale shark! This was literally the best gift I've ever gotten and I told my husband he will never top this. Plus, the WWF sent a free whale shark plush to thank us for the donation and it is so cute and large and high quality. I can hold it and know that somewhere out there in the wide ocean a real live whale shark is hopefully safer due to my husband's generosity.

Probably the biggest thing I got was a handheld harp!! It has some really beautiful carved designs and came with some replacement strings that I... certainly hope I won't need to use ahaha. I have, like, absolutely zero musical knowledge, but I'd love to be able to play it even just a little, so I'm going to do my best to teach myself! (ง •̀ᴗ•́)ง
I also got:
-A few Switch games (Dragon Quest Builders II, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, and Pokemon Shield!)
-Some manga volumes!
-Animal Crossing plushes—an Isabelle and a Tom Nook that I didn't have previously, as well as Blathers!!
-Some candy/sweets, including Ferrero Rochers and Danish butter cookies! ;v;
-And some spending money! Haven't found anything I want to spend it on yet (why is Dairoku merch being so hard to find OTL), but I do like to keep track of new merch releases, so I'll be ready when I do!

Also wanted to mention that for my dad, we pre-ordered Horizon: Forbidden West and got him a better chair to help with his back issues, and my mom got a bunch of Amiibo cards of some of her favorite villagers! The ten-villager limit has been one of her biggest dilemmas, and she seems really happy to be able to rotate her favorites around easily now. 😄

i suppose i’m a bit of an odd one out when it comes to christmas haul threads — they tend to make me a bit sad as i’m never able to participate in them much as money is usually quite tight in my family, and we don’t really celebrate christmas anymore, anyways. however, my family and i actually celebrated christmas for the first time since 2012 this year, and i’m pleased to report that it was a success, and that i got some lovely gifts as well! 🥰💚

i got:

2 jack skellington funko pops 2 of my favourite presents!
a sloth plushie
a mini lilo & stitch calendar for next year another favourite present!
an adidas hoodie crop top and an adidas t-shirt
a mini 2022 journal
a $50 apple gift card
a loofah i’ve actually been meaning to buy a new one for a while now, so i’m especially happy about this one!
a tube of eos lip repair i applied it for the first time earlier, and my lips actually don’t feel as dry as they normally do!
a bottle of body wash
some candy, including peanut m&ms that come in lil figurines, since my mom knows how much i love stuff like that :’)
D4629C3F-9FBD-4645-AE54-A20D73785C48.jpeg

E94A2A19-4710-4241-949E-919A595E555B.jpeg
69C4F608-4F93-4E89-BD37-7C9A668BB140.jpeg
51663A83-D7C8-42B5-90B5-B3684CD690D2.jpeg
B065936F-9577-4C2E-AB6A-D81170CD9543.jpeg
75DFA1F8-61F2-4EF6-AA03-2CF0B61274B5.jpeg

-$20 from my sister.
-A Tyrone (yes, the Backyardigan) stuffed animal.
-A BTR cd.
-Moose for my hair to make it look floofy and ✨gay✨
-Spongebob Uno.
-An ATLA wallet.
-Miitopia. (funny since I already own it. Instead we gave it to my sister and my moms gonna get me Splat3 when the pre-orders release)
-Brilliant Diamond
-A DS Lite (and charger)
-Mario Kart DS
-A small backpack for convenience.
-A guitar amp.
-Wii Sports Resort.
-Sims 3 stuff pack.
Definitely like the stuffed animal, MKDS, and DS Lite the most. It feels nice playing on an original DS model without having my thumbs crushed every 5 seconds. The backpack/wallet will also be super convenient, since I had always shoved everything I needed into a tiny backpack and coin purse for away travel during marching band season.

Got a lot of painting supplies (maybe a little too much) from my mom for the occasional times I'll do acrylic paintings. Got a few new clothing items along with a decent soldering kit for my electronics hobby. Also got a cash present from my dad. Overall I'm pretty happy with what I got. Christmas shopping for me becomes harder each year for my parents because since I mostly make my own money now I just buy the things I want. But I still appreciate the thought they put in to it every year. :D

I ended up getting:
  • A Hedman Bolts away jersey (that I was supposed to get last year, but ~*~things~*~ happened and I ended up getting it this year instead)
  • An Adidas hoodie with the Bolts logo on it
  • A couple of calendars
  • Soul (DVD)
  • NHL 22 (PS4)
  • FIFA 22 (PS4)
  • Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4)
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (Switch)
  • $50 Nintendo eShop gift card (still need to figure out what I want to spend it on)

From my partner, I got a roomba, cat bookends, and super cute pajamas! I got a pair of pajamas from his father, and a gift card for Jerry's Artarama from his mother. I got cat themed pot holders from my sister. From everyone else, I received cash. ^^

I usually don’t receive much of anything on Christmas since I’ve been an adult but this year I actually got a few things:

- money from my dad
- chocolates, custom tumbler cup, restaurant gift card for date nights, and a gift card to a clothing store from my mother in law
- new wallet, sweatpants, & a super cute sweater from my best friend

this year my mom and her fiancé did something different for the adults. instead of buying individual gifts for everybody they did a raffle type game. everyone drew numbers out of a bag (9 total per adult) and they called the numbers out in order and each number corresponded with a random gift. they were giving out different types of games (board games like sequence, or stuff like what do you meme), candy, alcohol, gift cards, air fryers, cash, etc. that was actually a lot more fun than I expected and I’m hoping it becomes a yearly tradition!

I got a bunch of BT21 merch, some bath stuff from Lush, some pajamas, and 4 Nintendo Switch games. The games were Code: Realize - Wintertide Miracles, Olympia Soirée, Cupid Parasite and, the only non-otome game, Shin Megami Tensei V.

Not going to say from who.

-A Cricut machine(idk if i'll use)
-cash
-gift cards
-2 Rainbow High dolls Rockstar
-Chinese New Year Barbie
-Socks
-3 Diecast cars
-A horse blanket
-Sketchbook
- Tokyo Ghoul Re manga vol 4 and 5
- candy
- waffle maker
- doll kitchen set
- a camo shirt
- Terrarium which l used immediately after l got home and it was fun putting the mix together

And l think that's it, l really can't remember anything else without going through the stuff.

Last edited:
i suppose i’m a bit of an odd one out when it comes to christmas haul threads — they tend to make me a bit sad as i’m never able to participate in them much as money is usually quite tight in my family, and we don’t really celebrate christmas anymore, anyways. however, my family and i actually celebrated christmas for the first time since 2012 this year, and i’m pleased to report that it was a success, and that i got some lovely gifts as well! 🥰💚

i got:

2 jack skellington funko pops 2 of my favourite presents!
a sloth plushie
a mini lilo & stitch calendar for next year another favourite present!
an adidas hoodie crop top and an adidas t-shirt
a mini 2022 journal
a $50 apple gift card
a loofah i’ve actually been meaning to buy a new one for a while now, so i’m especially happy about this one!
a tube of eos lip repair i applied it for the first time earlier, and my lips actually don’t feel as dry as they normally do!
a bottle of body wash
some candy, including peanut m&ms that come in lil figurines, since my mom knows how much i love stuff like that :’)
l like the funko pops. They're funny looking in a good way.

I'm a bit late, and still have to see what I got from my boyfriend's family, but so far I've gotten...
  • a stand mixer
  • books
  • cosmetics
  • money, which might be spent on learning to crochet/knit
Tomorrow we're leaving to go home, since we usually spend Christmas with my step-dad's family in Germany, so then I'll hopefully be able to break in the stand mixer soon.

I mostly got gift cards, including two Nintendo eshop ones so with one of those I'm going to be purchasing Happy Home Paradise. I also got a lot of socks and bath supplies, enough to last me another year probably.

Back