• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you get for Christmas?

Oh, I forgot to post here. This Christmas I got:

- Flannel bed sheets, exfoliating gloves, a wallet, purse and $20 from my mom.

-A comforter, candy, candle, gray cardigan, and Starbucks gift card from my oldest sibling.

My second sibling has Covid, so she didn't visit. My dad said that he gifted me a small tool box, but he gave it to my oldest sibling to give to me....Big mistake....my oldest sibling isn't very organized so who knows when I'll get that tool box.

Oh that keyring is so cute! I know nothing about Kingdom Hearts sure but I've always been a fan of locket/connecting jewelry. There's so much story to it and it's always so precious.

My Christmases are always pretty big. Everyone gets gifts for everyone usually, in some way. The only person who doesn't give gifts often is me, because I'm horrible at planning ahead (tho I love giving spur of the moment gifts all year and especially just after Christmas!)

That said, this year was smaller than usual. Especially smaller than the year before. 2020 Christmas we went all out, but this year no one even Christmas shopped until like November! We all had a lot going on and no one had much time/money to really get a lot. That saying, I lucked out.

I got a new backpack from my siblings thats loungefly-esque but a bit bigger and covered in Pikachus. My sibling also got all the "kids" in the house D&D supplies, like notepads and cards, and new dice for me, for whenever we play! I also got new Joycons for my switch since my old ones have been drifting bad. I got a Target gift card from my parents too, yknow, for whenever I wanna see if they have Pokemon Cards lmao. Though I did already use that card to get my brother and myself the Samus and Emmi amiibos respectively, since we had both wanted them for a while now! The biggest thing I got has to be my Quest 2 though, from my parents. I mentioned it to my mom about a week before Christmas because I didn't actually know if we were doing gifts this year, and I didnt wanna ask for something so big when we were tight on money and, and later that day when she went to the store with my dad they found one and bought it. I'm really lucky man, that was like... an accidental present almost.

Honestly though? The present that wasn't actually a present that I probably enjoy the most is my sibling and my mom helping me clean and rearrange my room. It's been a mess for a while and finally I can fit my stuff in it, and have open space to play in VR. I just really appreciate their help, I'd be a mess without them.

2021 Christmas was a lot of fun ngl, it was really chill and relaxing to just be able to sit and relax with my family. Though the 5 hours of setting up VR was painful 🥺

EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION MY KEROPPI JACKET SOMEHOW?? It's black and gold and so cozy and gosmvksncks

I hope I didn't forget anything! That was a wonderful first christmas with my little family 🥰
👶 = Baby
👩‍🦰 = Me
👦 = Fiancé

From my father + stepmother
👩‍🦰 / 👦Photoprinter (Canon Selphy CP1300)
👩‍🦰 A teddy plush
👶 Some money for the high chair
👶 A lama plush
👶 Some clothes

From my mother
👩‍🦰 A remake of a boardgame we used to play "Spukschloss"
👩‍🦰 Cup/Phoneholder for the Stroller
👶 Three different toys

From my brother + his wife
👩‍🦰 Animal Crossing 2022 calendar
👶 Toy for teething that makes sounds
👶 A glove that I can put on with figures on it
👦 Amazon coupon

From me to fiancé / baby
👶 Clothes
👶 Teething toy
👶 First Set of dishes
👶 Pacifier
👶 much more over the whole december x)
👦 Dragonball Cookingbook
👦 Minecraft LEGO Set
👦 Little shelf
👦 Air fryer

To me / Nina from fiancé
👩‍🦰 Curling iron
👩‍🦰 Smartwatch
👶 Piano for the feet
👶 Giant teddy plush
👶 Music plush

From fiancé's family
👩‍🦰 Mandalorian Funko Pop
👩‍🦰 The Child (Mandalorian) Funko Pop
👩‍🦰 A book I really wanted
👩‍🦰 A beauty Set thingy
👦 Laptopbag
👦 Portmonée
👦 Parfume
👦 Chocolate (that I ate)
👦 A big notebookset
👦 A fancy pen
👶 Super cute clothes set from family friends
👶 A teddy plush with big eyes
👶 A rabbit plush
👶 A mobile / nightlight
👶 A elephant toy for later
👶 Set of small toys
👶 A pushing car thing for later
👶 A bow to lay under and play

👶 My baby also got a fish plush from the townhall :3
👩‍🦰 Got a box full of little things from a friend childhood friend I'm finally friends with again 🥺

I honestly didn't get much, though tbh I expected nothing lol. here's what I got from others:
• a cookie cutter that's shaped like the front of a VW bus.
• a nice harness for my dog that has his name on the side and a handle on the back. I need to get an ESA patch for it.
• a bunch of TCG cards that my friend ordered for me, he got me one of each of the eeveelution GX cards and they're really nice!
and then I got that fuzzy hood with ears on it for myself, sadly that's prob the best gift I've received lmao (though ig I know myself better than others know me).

as for me giving gifts to others, I gave my brother a Beanie Baby shark (with the hang tag intact) and tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a $20 eShop card for my friend (who bought me the pokemon cards) so he can put that towards getting the Happy Home Paradise DLC :)

Now that everyone in my family is a lot older, we're all way more low-key and also low-effort. I got a box of chocolate truffles and I've been having a great time eating a couple of them with my morning coffee. Honestly the perfect gift, as I love how melty chocolate truffles get and I wanted a small and sweet coffee snack.

I love reading through this thread + everyone who adds commentary to their presents. Gift-giving (and receiving, heheh) is so fun.

Normally, my extended family does a wild gift-giving free-for-all, but now that even more uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents were added this year, we decided to stay sane and go with Secret Santa for the adults and normal gifts for the kids. Sadly, at the ripe old age of 23, I've been branded an adult. /muffled sob

On Christmas, I got:
🍴 a PowerLix milk frother from my cousin (for our Secret Santa)
🧣 a scarf from another cousin (A surprise, since he's never gotten me a Christmas present before, and he was also participating in Secret Santa! What gives? It was very sweet, though.)

A few days after Christmas, my mother, father, and sister had our own little gift exchange. Which was nice, because I refuse to only celebrate Adult Christmas ™️. From them, I got:
📅 a 2022 Tibetan art calendar from my sister (very cool, especially because I'm interested in Buddhism)
🕯 a pouch of tiny Keap candles from my sister (with very interesting scents, I love it)
👖 workout leggings from my mom (the exercise queen)
👟 new running shoes from my mom (THANK YOU!!)
📖 The Devil May Dance by Jake Tapper from my dad (not the kind of book I typically read, so I'm... intrigued. Love you, Dad!)
🍿 a movie theater gift card from my dad (will be immediately used)

My friends also gave me some presents! I got:
🔪 a 5-piece Cuisinart knife set (so useful, thank you bestie)
🎲 some board games: Trial by Trolley + Who's Most Likely To (looking forward to play 'em!)

It was a wonderful Christmas. I especially enjoyed watching the kids go ballistic over the one present they each liked the most (kawaii tarot cards, a doctor play kit, and, my personal favorite, chopsticks). Happy holidays, everyone!

I got Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria Volume 1. From my friends I got a mooshroom plushie, a candle, an LED light bulb, a Your Name calender, a Keqing figurine, Dino earrings, random earrings, Life is Strange 2, and, a bunch of Totoro keychains.

a ps vita. im so happy with it T-T edit: and a bird cage, which is huge

Last edited:
Back