• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping from Nintendo at E3 this year?

I’m glad I only skimmed this e3 because wow what a waste of time it would have been if I actually watched the whole thing. Splatoon 3 is the only thing I’m interested in. Usually the games I care about are never mentioned. Disgaea for example. I’m hoping we get an ACNH update soon. I’m so burnt out with it at this point.

lmao that was... super underwhelming? i'd already heard of most of that stuff, and the only decent thing imo was wario ware. i really sat there for the entire 40 minutes in a clown costume huh 🤡

I'm so hyped for Metroid Dread and the new Zelda, I've got goosebumps all over.

I’m glad I only skimmed this e3 because wow what a waste of time it would have been if I actually watched the whole thing. Splatoon 3 is the only thing I’m interested in. Usually the games I care about are never mentioned. Disgaea for example. I’m hoping we get an ACNH update soon. I’m so burnt out with it at this point.
Agreed. I used to watch the whole thing live until they became disappointments after disappointments. Now I just wait until it's over and read summaries online.

I've my fingers crossed for a Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water port (or remaster/remake of one of the older games) to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise this year.

Got exactly what I was hoping for! 😊

The rest of the Direct was uninspiring sans Mario Party Superstars. I'm excited for that!

Got news on 2 of the 4 games I was looking for: Super Monkey Ball, Breath of the Wild 2

Got some news on the 3rd a couple weeks ago: Dragon Quest 12

No news on: Mario Kart 9

Still a successful E3 in my eyes. Will be getting Mario Golf: Super Rush as well.

Mario Party Superstars lets goooooooo 🤩 Supports button controls and has online play talk about a dream come true!

i'm very excited for mario party superstars!
i was quietly hoping for a new rhythm heaven game, but warioware appeared (so maybe they'll work on rhythm heaven after its release? i can pray)

i was also instantly hit with a bunch of "hey mistreil, you can play with your mii in mario golf" messages the moment they showed that, so i might have to pick that up.

Very disappointing E3. I'll have to see if Bowser is playable in that new Mario Party game, and the new Monster Hunter game seems interesting. But otherwise... very bleh.

And the new DLC character for Smash...
I didn't even know who this character was. INCREDIBLY lackluster entry; we've already got three nearly identical fighting game characters in Smash at this point, who barely anybody plays as. I expected more from E3. The only highlight was watching him throw Min-Min off a cliff.

This is the worst direct I've ever seen, and it's even worst considering it's an E3 direct. To me this direct was way too focused on mature and dark games, definitely not what I like Nintendo for.
I was really hoping for some MK9 news but I wasn't like extremely disappointed that we didn't get any, but you know, it's E3 so why not!
However I was CERTAIN that we were going to be having a huge ACNH update considering it's been almost a year since we last got a REAL update. I'm really shocked that they skipped AC like that.
I'm not even happy about BOTW 2, that direct as a whole was just bad. And the Zelda DLCs and G&Ws are just here to make more money, which I hate even more.

sounds like the usual nintendo e3 experience

Last edited:
Omg I'm so excited for Mario Party Superstars you have no idea! It has everything I was hoping that was in Super Mario Party!

Old nostalgic bards are back! Old minigames are back in HD! 1-10 dice are finally back!!!! 20 turn games as the default are back! NO MORE ALLY SPACES!!! I hope I didn't see any in the trailer at least, believe me I spent a lot of time analyzing every space

I'm so incredibly excited about this game and to play with my friends online that I rarely get to see!

Apart from Mario Party, I'm also really hype for SMT5 game! Probably not a game most people think I like haha, but I really like the combat system in that game! Its a lot of fun!

AND FINALLY SOME BOTW2 GAMEPLAY AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!

Best Part of E3 so far for me for sure!

Sad that we didn't get a new Mario Kart game but its ok, one day...

I think it was pretty good, would definitely consider it the best from this year's E3 haha. There's a few games I liked.

Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Warioware Get it Together. A bit more BoTW2 info too.

I have no interest in Smash DLC, so I don't have much of an opinion on the new fighter. Just a funny thought, soon enough people will stop complaining about more swordsmen and will be complaining about more punch-men haha.

I'm happy with that Direct, with the main highlight for me being Metroid Dread. Like, it's finally happening! I'm like actually amazed given how we have heard rumours about it for over a decade, yet it's never seen the light of day until now! I'm really excited for it, really happy that we're finally getting another Metroid game (on top of Metroid Prime 4 which will hopefully be a 2022 release). It's definitely going to be a Day 1 purchase for me.

As for some other highlights from that Direct for me:
  • Mario Party Superstars (TBTWC has definitely made me want to pick this up. It's really nice that you're able to save in the middle of an online game, which would've been really helpful during some TBTWC sessions, lol)
  • WarioWare: Get It Together (yesssssssss, I love the WarioWare series and can't wait to get this one)
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (I loved Advance Wars 1 and 2! While I'm not sure I'll get the remake just yet, I'm still super happy this series is finally getting a chance again after so long without a game)
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (Seen it leaked before the Direct, but still interested in the game)
  • BotW2 (Finally! More footage of the game! Hype!)
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush (Honorable mention as I was already looking forward to it after the last Direct, lol)

Its really not that surprising that pokemon and splatoon werent mentioned. Overall this was better than the last direct and e3 2019 imo. Nothing has me raving in my seat but if thats the reaction u were expecting to have then ur standards are way too high. Not saying that ur not allowed to be disappointed tho.
Feels bad for new horizons fans. Idk the last time the game was updated lol. It just makes me dislike the game more than i already do. Mario kart and a new kirby game wouldve been cool
The tekken crossover surprised me since we have 3(?) fighting game dudebros already. I dont think its an amazing pick (i dont mind the pick also whoops i made a stupid typo that i missed for hours) and im also surprised that chat wasnt groaning about it.
Warioware, smt v, fatal frame and mario party are the ones im the most excited for from the top of my head. Also monkey ball and advance wars. Its a big deal that advance wars has made a return, its a franchise that has been considered dead for years. Many in chat were writing it off as a ****ty indie game lmao. Days of ruin remaster when

Last edited:
And the new DLC character for Smash...
I didn't even know who this character was. INCREDIBLY lackluster entry; we've already got three nearly identical fighting game characters in Smash at this point, who barely anybody plays as. I expected more from E3. The only highlight was watching him throw Min-Min off a cliff.
imagine pretending TEKKEN isn't one of the most prominent fighting game franchises in video game history and undeserving to be a series rep in another fighting game because of a lack of personal experience with

this would be like complaining about about a future halo game featuring a doomguy skin for multiplayer or whatever, because "I never played doom or know anything about it"

It was pretty uneventful for me. I think it shows how much I don't really care playing most of the games that were shown lol. The only thing that interested me was the new character reveal for Smash Bros. (ngl, I never played Tekken so I don't have an attachment to the series, but it's fine either way) and some more footage for BotW 2.

At this point, expecting game delays should be normal by now. It takes a lot of time to develop games compared to a few decades ago so I'm not irked that the release date got pushed to 2022. Some people weren't impressed with the reveal which is understandable since it was two years ago the last time they showed game footage. I'm personally satisfied with what we've seen so far.

Back