• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping to get for Christmas? ( nothing rude please )

I was hoping my best friend would invite me to come visit him (he lives in another country now). But, I don’t think that is happening. Still doesn’t hurt to wish 🙂

From my mom, a gift card for etsy since there is a lot of art & art merchandise I want 🙂. I want a display stand to put my anime figures on too; ideally one that locks since a certain naughty kitty likes to intentionally knock things off to get my attention 😅 (Jewels, my calico)

I really.. really.. want.. a small Roku TV for Christmas. I think that's the only one thing I really want. I'm tired of sitting at my desk to watch anime. I want to lay in bed and watch! ;w;

Either that, or a ton of Buldak ramen. Lately I've been really hyperfixated on wanting to try them all. My mom normally comes in clutch for me every year with some sort of snack/food for me to stock up on, since I live with my dad now, lol. My dad insisted he wasn't getting me anything, which really kinda hurt my feelings. He had been talking about what he's getting everyone else. So.. it hurt a lot ;w; But then my little brother talked to him about it, and my dad randomly decides he was 'just kidding', when he really sounded serious every time it was brought up.

I have an Amazon wishlist for my dad because he forces me to make one every year. I'm really hoping I get more film for my Polaroid camera and Polaroid printer. AND AND! Since sharks are my favorite animal.. I really want these shark thumb-grip caps for my Nintendo Switch. :3
I know this post kinda makes me look spoiled.. I will admit, I kind of am. ;w; But I think what I'm excited for the most this year is getting gifts for everyone else!
I already got my dad's gift, my bf's gifts, my sister's, and my sister-in-law. Now I have to get gifts for my brothers, which I saved for last bc they're all special to me and I wanna make sure I get the proper presents for them! ^^

On my very special christmas list this year was anything moomin themed like mug(s) or plate(s) and/or butterfly moth themed.......things and also "anything vanilla scented". So i think that leaves enough room for people to scratch their heads and get going regarding my true desires

I was hoping my best friend would invite me to come visit him (he lives in another country now). But, I don’t think that is happening. Still doesn’t hurt to wish 🙂

From my mom, a gift card for etsy since there is a lot of art & art merchandise I want 🙂. I want a display stand to put my anime figures on too; ideally one that locks since a certain naughty kitty likes to intentionally knock things off to get my attention 😅 (Jewels, my calico)
Etsy is a good place to find some goodies for yourself or others! Just be careful I noticed lately that a lot of shops are dropshipping and being scammy. You can still find amazing deals and great pieces, but you just got to do a bit of research.

Etsy is a good place to find some goodies for yourself or others! Just be careful I noticed lately that a lot of shops are dropshipping and being scammy. You can still find amazing deals and great pieces, but you just got to do a bit of research.

yep. I’ve ordered art prints from there. I’ve gotten art merchandise from there a couple times. Only problem I had, was the print coming damaged because of the postal service but both artists sent me a replacement free of charge.

yep. I’ve ordered art prints from there. I’ve gotten art merchandise from there a couple times. Only problem I had, was the print coming damaged because of the postal service but both artists sent me a replacement free of charge.
Very nice! There are some on Etsy that make plushes of all the AC villagers. And also some that make 3D amiibo prints of them as well. From the looks of it, their quality is really good!

I don’t expect to get much, because my birthday present of a new car was my birthday and Christmas. That said, I don’t have anything specific that I hope to get. I guess…I could list something I know I’m getting? The 30th Anniversary Fire Emblem art book/game set. :love:🤩

There's a selection of professional resources/events that are part of a group I'm in, and I'd love to get a premium membership for the group (the annual price has put me in the eternal "maybe some day" line of thinking).

Otherwise, standard products I'm running low on (hair cream, body lotion, body wash).

For "don't need at all, but would like," items: plushies everywhere. Though, I already know a pre-order was placed for four junimo plushies from Stardew Valley (one of each color). They won't ship until spring 2024, but I'm looking forward to stacking them. 🥰 (ty Chris for telling me about them! 🙏)

20231215_113937.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping we get a PS5 for Christmas, and by that I mean I just want one for the house. I also want to get started on setting up my fish tank so some money for that would be nice
Oh very nice! Good luck with your fish tank! Do you have some parts sitting around? What kind of set up do you think you want to go with? I've had a freshwater one before, but never tried a salt water. I always wanted to try that. And have some cool anemone or starfish in the tank.

Oh very nice! Good luck with your fish tank! Do you have some parts sitting around? What kind of set up do you think you want to go with? I've had a freshwater one before, but never tried a salt water. I always wanted to try that. And have some cool anemone or starfish in the tank.
Thanks! I have a 45 gallon (170 Liter) tank and stand I've been holding on to for a couple years now, and the other day I went out to the local creek and got a nice log I'm planning on putting in there (once I find a big enough container to boil it in). I'm planning to do a planted community tank with a female koi betta, green neon tetras, and kuhli loaches. :)

Thanks! I have a 45 gallon (170 Liter) tank and stand I've been holding on to for a couple years now, and the other day I went out to the local creek and got a nice log I'm planning on putting in there (once I find a big enough container to boil it in). I'm planning to do a planted community tank with a female koi betta, green neon tetras, and kuhli loaches. :)
That sounds great! I have the same sized tank in my basement, I just need the room for it lol. How big are we talking with the wood? You could maybe use a crab pot and boil it in there. I use one of those to blanch my tomatoes every year and it fits a good bit in.

That sounds great! I have the same sized tank in my basement, I just need the room for it lol. How big are we talking with the wood? You could maybe use a crab pot and boil it in there. I use one of those to blanch my tomatoes every year and it fits a good bit in.
Yeah honestly that's what I was thinking of getting, it's about 32in (81cm) long and fairly hefty.
Plus then I'll have a pot to boil crab in.

Rest and Relaxation. Yes, lately its been super busy for me so that's what I really want on Christmas. In terms of presents, what I wanted has already been given or will be given later in the future. So...a slow day with me sleeping in a few hours would be nice.

Since I'm much older now I don't really get Christmas presents like I used to when I was younger (like up until my late 20s my mom would still make me give her a list granted my list got smaller and smaller too) I did ask for some giftcards, and for help with a downpayment on my car (not necessary though.) I'm happy for whatever I get.

theres a couple records i really want and a pair of silver butterfly earrings. i found some pretty shimmery nail polish i want too. im really dying to get some nice fuzzy socks. i switched rooms in my house a while ago and its way colder in my new one. honestly, im cool with whatever i get. im very excited to see what my sister and her bf get me. they come up with the most interesting and weird stuff lol

my grandma gives me money every year so im getting another tattoo as a present to myself :3

I’m boring and couldn’t think of much.. I asked for gift cards to clothing stores and Barnes & Noble, puzzles, and for some body care items.

Slightly unrelated - my 7 year old son’s school sets up a Christmas store around the holidays where the children can pick out gifts for their families and the school sends them home in wrapped bags.. my son told my best friend what he picked for me/other family members and she started crying about how cute and thoughtful it was so that’s definitely what I’m most excited to open 🥲

Back