• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Direct September 2023 Discussion Thread

~Kilza~

Staff
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose

Like clockwork, it is time for a new Direct in September, coming tomorrow at 10 AM EDT! why do they keep having to be so early though 😔

Before the Direct, do you have any hopes, expectations or predictions for this Direct?

Once the Direct is over, feel free to post about how you felt about it and any of the games that were shown!

Personally, I have no expectations/predictions for this Direct, I'm just curious to see what they show this time, lol.

Hype! I don't have any hopes, same as you. I'm just curious to see what games they'll announce/talk about!

I have no idea. I am mostly just curious on what they have to say between the switch being as old as it is, the holidays coming up, and the next console leaks.

I guess I think we will see quite a few non Nintendo games coming to the eShop? Perhaps more games added to the NOS. Maybe something with mobile games.

I'm hoping they announce who Mario's new voice actor for Wonder is. I get it if they don't, and they wanna keep it under wraps til release when we can see it in the credits (hopefully he's credited), but I just wanna stop looking at theories for the new voice lol

I always go in with low expectations, that way I am more excited when there is something worth getting. Most of the games I feel I would want are already out or announced.

Ever since the Nintendo Direct in February 2022, it was the Booster Course Pass that made me stop having expectations altogether. That way, I can get excited for Directs specifically without having to feel sorry for myself when a game I wanted didn't get shown, and that's rather the better and ideal route to go down anyway.

There's really only two things I want, and that's the inevitable Wave 6 and Pizza Tower for Switch, but I expect the latter to be shown off at an Indie World instead...
And the only thing I'm worried about is when Wave 6 doesn't have Pauline as the final 2 characters for the BCP.

I'm still going to get hyped regardless, not knowing what to expect and/or being careless on what to expect is half the battle for Directs or any game presentation showcases.

No expectations either, but interested to see what they say. Wouldn’t be surprised to see third party releases, or some more information on previously announced games like the detective pikachu, peach game, scarvio dlc etc?

This is what I hope for:
  • Announcement that Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Tooie, and original Super Smash Bros makes it to NSO, and possibly Hey You Pikachu.
  • A Zelda equivalent of Super Mario 3D All Stars.
  • Metroid Prime 2 remaster.
  • Nintendo Switch themes.

Maybe they could port Puyo Pop Fever to switch? I would hope for the Gamecube version, as that would be the easiest to port, but I also want the 8-player mode from the DS version if it is to happen.

i love how i always find out that a direct is happening through these threads instead of nintendo’s announcements
IMG_2750.png
i’m not sure if i’ll be able to wake up in time to watch it live, but i’m excited!

aside from my usual copium hope for a new tomodachi life game or reboot for the switch, i don’t really have any hopes or expectations. i’m curious to see if we’ll get any more information about fantasy life i: the girl who steals time, and what new games/updates might be announced!

My hope is a release date for the new Fantasy Life game as it's easily my most anticipated. 🙏

I expect we'll maybe see a new Donkey Kong game. Kirby has gotten a bit of love recently, but it has been a while since Tropical Freeze. Though on the other hand, I doubt this would be announced and released for winter 2023. 🤔

My only expectation/want is more info on the new princess peach game. Am otherwise just excited to see what's new!

Super excited. Although highly unlikely, I would be so hyped if at the end they said anything about a new console. I'd also be excited if they announced either anything AC related or a new Kirby game. I don't think any of what I said would happen but I really hope it's not all just farm games.

Have been keeping an eye out for this Direct for a while now, so glad to see it's finally happening! We're getting to the end of the Switch's life at this point, so it's not going to be massive from what I've heard... but I'm hoping there's something interesting in there anyway.
  • saw a thread about the slowness of the roll-out of N64 games, but there aren't really many of those at all so it's ultimately kinda justifiable (the emulator still needs a lot of work, tho... but I predict we're getting Mario Party 3 in November like the first two last November, and 1080 Snowboarding in December). GBA's a bit slow for its first year compared to NES and SNES (and even N64) because it's sharing a slot with N64 (but it's still easily a banger lineup), but it's nothing compared to Game Boy/Game Boy Color NSO, which is glacially slow for its first year as it's only getting updated alongside the other base-tier NSO app. But regardless of that, I'd like to see what's happening with that for the next 6 months or so as it's coming up to the time of year where a lot of renewals happen. Hopefully we'll get something good like Super Mario Land on there, and very hopefully we'll get Pokémon on there (it is renewal season after all, I say, clutching my copium prescription and checking my chemist's opening hours)
  • would like to see a little more about Warioware: Move It given it's out in a month and a half, but I think they probably told us everything when it got announced and we'll probably get a proper overview trailer closer to the time
  • we've also just had a big Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct, so doubt that's going to show up
  • we'll probably hear more about the Princess Peach stageplay aesthetic game and the Luigi's Mansion 2 port
  • speaking of ports: PORT YOSHI'S WOOLY WORLD TO THE SWITCH, COWARDS
  • as of today it's been 5 years since NH was first announced, and it's been nearly 2 years since we've heard anything about Animal Crossing (aside from Pocket Camp updates, but shhh). I think it's coming out sometime in the next 18 months-2 years because Splatoon 3's lasting until this time next year, but I only think there's a possibility we're going to see the first teaser for it if they put out a trailer for the Switch 2 in this direct (but ultimately I don't think we're going to hear about the Switch 2 this financial year, unless it's in the February Direct. Nintendo wants to have a good Christmas season, not just go "lol, new console next year, wait for that")
  • talking of Splatoon 3: hopefully more details about Side Order

I think you mean, why do they have to be keep being so late though. 😔

I never have expectations for the Directs. I'm not going to set myself up to be disappointed by anything!

Lol, I never watch the Directs until after the official runtime. That being said, most all of the Switch games that have come out in the past couple years are games I'm still playing because I just haven't had a ton of time to dedicate to them. Because of that, my Switch backlog is MASSIVE. I'm not really interested in any new games for the Switch, and therefore it's kind of impossible for me to be disappointed. But hey! Maybe something super cool will come out. You never know.

i will be watching but i don't know what to expect, i probably won't be interested in half the games they announce.

on my knees PRAYING for tomodachi life switch, nintendo pls make my delusional fantasy real
1694649865696.png

Last edited:
*puts on clown nose* I've been manifesting a FE4 remake for years (<- delusional) (it will not happen tomorrow)

Back