• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping from Nintendo at E3 this year?

I actually wasn't that far off, although I was indeed expecting some Splatoon news. Guess they're saving those for September.

BOTW2 being only 2022 seems to point towards a Fall/Holidays release date instead of early 2022. The year is gonna start with Splatoon 3 and Pokémon Legends, so I guess it makes sense.

WarioWare and Advance Wars were nice surprises. I love WW and this one looks cool, I'm happy. Never had the chance to try AW on the GBA, maybe I'll try it sometime. Cool to see it being revived for one last chance.

Metroid Dread looks nice, another franchise I never really got into before. Since I loved Hollow Knight, I may buy the original half of the Metroidvania genre.

Overall, cool enough. I'm not interested on some games like Shin Megami Tensei, but I know they have fans and hope they are happy.

I'm happy to finally have a release date for Shin Megami Tensei V. The English trailer they showed was kind of bleh and I feel like more people who aren't familiar with the series might've found it more intriguing if they showcased the same scenes and gameplay they featured in the Japanese trailer, but hey, it is what it is.

I'm also interested in Mario Party Superstars. I'm more of a classic Mario Party person, though lately I've been feeling tempted to get Super Mario Party since a friend of mine owns it and because watching people play it during The Bell Tree World Championships last month. Maybe I'll get both?

As far as Kazuya is concerned, while I enjoy playing Tekken, he's not really a character that I've ever really felt compelled to play as all that much. That said, when considering Tekken representatives in Smash Bros., it was probably always going to be either Heihachi, Kazuya, or Jin, and Heihachi is already represented as a Mii costume, so I guess it makes sense. Not that excited about him personally, but it's nice to see a Tekken character added and what always matters for me is whether a character is fun to play. If I can get into his playstyle then I'll be content, and if not then that's fine too, since other people will probably be happy with him.

Unsure what to do regarding Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp. I've been sort of interested in picking it up since it's available on the Wii U eShop. I'm not really a person who's too invested in pretty graphics and it would be drastically less expensive to just get the classic game. That said, this new remaster is probably better in regards to futureproofing.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the E3 Direct.

🍓 Will definitely buy:
Mario Party Superstars: Peach's Birthday Cake board looks amazing and so detailed! The colors and textures are perfect. This is like "Mario Party: The Top 100", but done properly 🥳 It'll be fun to revisit the classic mini games with the newer graphics and larger character list!!

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania: Been playing Monkey Ball since around when it first came out and this is so exciting! The art style of the characters and colors of the new Super Monkey Ball is cute, but the newer games lacked what made the original games challenging. So it'll be cool to have the updated graphics mix with the hit older games!

WarioWare: The co-op is gonna be awesome for sure! I've only played WarioWare: Mega Party Games because I didn't like the system of passing around the Wii remote for Smooth Moves. Passing around a remote for minigames that last 3-5 seconds was not a good idea.

(also will be getting Breath of the Wild 2 and Mario Golf, but we already knew about those!)

🍓 Might check out:
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin: Turn based gameplay isn't my most favorite, but I might play it since the scenery and character designs look great!

Metroid Dread: Never played a Metroid game, but the suspenseful gameplay and enemy designs look interesting

🍓 Disappointed about:
- Still no big updates for New Horizons
- No console Mario Kart title has been released since 2014. I'm not counting the Switch version since it's a Wii-U port with added content.
- I would've preferred a different Smash fighter. I don't mind if others enjoy him, just I would've personally preferred a different character!

Disappointed there was no news on Pokemon, ACNH or Bayonetta, but I'm actually stoked we got to see BotW 2 in action! Looks even better than the first game, and that's just based on visuals alone.

I'm also excited for Super Monkey Ball surprisingly, I used to play that game on GC all the time as a kid, so I'm glad it's being ported.

Even though there was nothing new about NH, I’m excited about the new mario party! i’ve been itching to play the old ones but my sister sold them all back in high school without my permission :/. It’d be great if maybe we could download the old classic games (if they came as dlc or bonus content with the new version); I am very excited though about some old mini games appearing. Bumper balls, shy guy says, a cake making one that made me want to eat it even though I hate cake, etc. I used to get blisters playing the old mini games. I missed them so much!

this was my first e3 and uh. i’ve got some thoughts lol. i’m not really that big on video games and only like a select few, so i didn’t go into this expecting a whole lot. i was mainly just hoping for news on new horizons or tomodachi life but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️. i gotta say though, two point campus looks kind of neat! i’ve never played the hospital one but i’m a sucker for business simulators. plus, it’d be nice to have something new to play. :)

mario party superstars looks awesome, too! i’ve been dying to try out smp after seeing it during tbtwc so nintendo might as well just take my wallet at this point lol. overall, today was definitely a bit underwhelming but it wasn’t all bad. ^_^
the yoshi bullying continues. 😔
4ACABC61-0794-4E4D-94C3-84F5D32A3E1A.jpeg

7E866F69-2AE5-449D-B2B6-AEE2853A18FB.jpeg

Hmm… no ACNH update news and no Genshin Impact release date news… but there WAS the Kazuya reveal, and that was the only thing I enjoyed from the presentation. I’ve always been pretty good with Ryu and Little Mac, so I’m excited to see how good I can be with Kazuya.

Overall I give the Nintendo E3 Direct a C-, barely passing grade. There was some pretty cool stuff in it for fans of Metroid, SMT, LoZ, and Danganronpa, but otherwise it wasn’t that good…

Well despite the huge loss with no ACHN update the rest of the Nintendo E3 Direct was pretty great. We got Mario Party SuperStar which is really cool how they are bringing back all the classic board games from N64 and its going to have online play (thank god because they really neglected that with Super Mario Party until it was added in 2021), and also you can save you process mid game with friends.

Also there is that new Metroid game called Metroid Dread. Now I never played Metroid before but, I might give this a shot since I heard so many good things about the Metroid series. At least they acknowledged Metroid Prime 4 so its not forgotten but they are still working really hard on it.

Finally, we got some footage of Breath of the Wild 2. Now I did play the first BOWT game as my first Zelda game (yeah shocking I never played a single Zelda before) and I never finished it since It was one of those games where I got lost and I didn't know what to do, so I just never finished it. Might get back into it after seeing this. Not sure whats going on and I am not a Zelda fan, but it does look interesting.

So overall even though I mentioned that there was no Animal Crossing update which really bummed me out, the rest of the E3 Direct for Nintendo was really great. I would rate this a 7.5/10

is it just me or was Nintendo's the only decent E3 conference this year We got a Shin Megami Tensei V trailer and a November release date. It was even showcased on Nintendo Treehouse (the game looks amazing but wow is that UI ugly and cluttered). I'm satisfied ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm only interested in Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. Played the first game a ton of times until I got 100%. I wasn't impressed with the BOTW 2 teaser. It doesn't feel like a whole new game to me, based from what they've shown. More like a "dlc" haha. The rest were meh.

Back