• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping from Nintendo at E3 this year?

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
What are you personally hoping from the Nintendo E3 direct this year? I'm personally excited to see what comes and I'm hoping to see more Splatoon 3 information.

Honestly...I'm always hoping for new IPs from Nintendo. Getting Mario and Zelda stuff is all well and fine. But, Nintendo is always most interesting when they're like "here's a new thing". I don't mean gimmicks like Labo or Miitopia or whatever...I mean, actual new games. Character based, story driven, whatever. I know better than to get my hopes up. But...that's what I want most. As for what to actually expect? I'm guessing more on BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4.

• big AC:NH update
  • MK9 news
  • tomodachi life port/sequel with same-sex relationships included
  • new mario game where i can play as princess peach or a new princess peach focused game : ))
accidentally ordered them from most to least likely lmao. also, hopefully, some pokemon: legends of arceus news, and a look at more refined gameplay, but i can't remember how un/likely it is for nintendo to showcase pokemon content at E3 since i think they usually have separate directs for that IP.

Mario Kart 9 is definitely overdue. It's easy to forget that MK8 was originally a Wii U game. I don't know if they would surprise drop something like that...especially with Golf already on the way. But...yeah, long overdue.

I wish I could get excited about Smash reveals. But...I haven't been legitimately interested in any of them except Sephiroth and maybe Banjo/Kazooie. I guess Hero from Dragon Quest was cool too. I don't know...I still haven't bought any of the packs. I just have Piranha Plant. Lol.

My hopes and predictions for E3 this year:

Big NH update
Metroid Prime 4 news
BotW 2 news/trailer
Pokemon Legends news/trailer and/or Pokemon D/P remake news/trailer
Smash new DLC character reveal

Pikmin 4 reveal
Tomodachi Life sequel
Getting suckerpunched by a F-Zero revival hahaha

I’d definitely like to see info about a big NH update! it’s more than overdue. and i want splatoon 3 and pokemon bdsp (or legends arceus. or both) to pop up somewhere. also want No fire emblem because as much as I’m sure we’ll be getting fe17 info I don’t want it. not yet. I haven’t had time to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for fe fans coming back into full swing 😭

I want to see more about the BOTW sequel for sure. That’s probably my most realistic wish. I want to see more about Splatoon 3 too, but I think it’s too early. I’m also excited for the big surprises. Those are typically the best announcements! Oh, and I’m sure there will be the final Smash reveal, too. I hope it’s someone big!

Hoping for some SMT V info. That last trailer did say it was coming out this year, and with Nocturne HD out, it's high time Atlus starts promoting it.

Reactions: Neb
i’m really hoping for some animal crossing info - even if it’s not to announce a huge update, i genuinely just want to know what nintendo’s plans are and what we should expect going forward. also, like @daringred_ said, i’d love a tomodachi life sequel announcement! tomodachi life was one of my absolute favourite 3DS games and i’d love a sequel to it — especially one that includes same-sex marriages. 😌

Oh I forgot to add that I'd looooove news about the new Diamond and Pearl games! I'd love to see some gameplay of routes and cities! Maybe even contest gameplay! I looooooved the contests in the game!

I mostly want more Splatoon 3 details as we haven’t gotten anything since the original reveal/tease.

There are also lots of Fire Emblem rumours floating around. Especially ones for a remake of Genealogy which is my favourite game in the series that is Japanese only so it’s definitely due for a remake/English release.

Finally I hope we get a concrete release date for Rune Factory 5 in the west. It recently came out in Japan but all we have is a vague 2021 release date for North America so far.

I'm not really expecting a lot, but based on everything going, I think Nintendo will have:

*The Legend of Zelda 35th anniversary celebration news, which includes a ton of time showing Breath of the Wild 2 (dated for March 2022) and maybe another game, possibly another remake coming after Skyward Sword (Fall 2021).
*Metroid, either a remake ala Samus Returns or another game on that line. People will feel disappointed that Metroid Prime is not here.
*Mario Kart 8 DX + Mario Kart Tour collab/cross-promotion thing. It will probably disappoint those hoping for next Mario Kart.
*Splatoon 3 news: a basic look at the plot, explanation of things seen on the reveal trailer and some new stuff. They may throw a more concrete release date (July 2022?). Fans will question why another splatoon is being made and why [insert old Nintendo franchise] deserves better than the squids that sell 10 million.
*Fire Emblem game, a remake of an old game. At this point, fans will complain because of "all the remakes"
*Tomodachi Life Switch, the second part of the Holiday combo alongside Pokémon BDSP.
*Smash Ultimate character reveal, as per usual- the last one is for Fall. As always, fans will get disappointed it's not [insert character].
*The best case scenario for an ACNH update will be a Zelda items drop like the Mario ones, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the franchise. This will enrage the usual people and those that keep expecting a "big" update.
*Some kind of third party reel with ports of games from other consoles/PC.
*Some kind of indie reel with cool games that sadly, no one buys.

*Maybe a tiny/medium-sized surprise game, either a new IP or an update to something like Ring Fit.
*Maybe Pokémon news, but with the dates revealed today, I think a Pokémon Presents later is more probable.
*I don't think the new Switch revision will get revealed here, I think they will dedicate a full-direct on July with some kind of third-party game exclusive to the new tech. However there's a big rumour that the reveal is inminent and the release date is this Fall so...

All in all, I expect to be entertained by the content, specially because of the Splatoon 3 news. Nintendo fans will hate it, though.

-splatoon 3 info
-acnh update because i haven't played in months, it's pretty boring ngl
-mario kart 9? maybe? mario kart 8d is fun and all but it's just a port from the wii u game i already have from when it was "cool"
-if wind waker hd gets ported with some new features that'd be pretty neat, the game deserves more attention in my opinion.

Back