• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Mario Kart 8 - Who are you hoping to see as DLC characters ?

Cirice

Galaxolotl with a lunar sheen
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Pink Crescent Moon
Orange Crescent Moon
As the final wave of DLC is coming this year, I've been curious to know which characters were you hoping to see coming to MK8D ?

Personally, I'll cry if I don't see Pauline. She's in MKTour and since Odyssey I've seen her more and more often so I really hope she'll be available in MK8 as well.

For the other character, it would be fun to see Blue Shell in my opinion.

Give me Pauline and it’s a 10/10 wave, but if there’s no Pauline then it’s an 8/10 wave.

(I’d still enjoy wave 6 regardless of my dream character not being in the game)

Pauline is in! It's a 10/10 wave for sure!!!

Now the question remains, what should I rename my Switch username now that if ppl see me play as Pauline, having "♂Villager" as my username won't make sense. It won't be my username or "Zero Grav" since I already did that and need something new. My mii will still look like Male Villager however.

Last edited:
i don't really want anyone, especially because i can't remember most of the current roster, but i was saying after the current wave's trailer that one of the missing spaces better be for pauline because she's in tour and it would feel weird to omit her. personally, my want would actually be skins for current characters. i know, i know, micro-transactions, which i hate, and tour already does this, but i love some of the princess peach skins i obtained in that game (and i can't play it on my current phone, so they're lost rip) and i think they would've worked as a bonus in packs with additional courses. a hope for the next MK game maybe? i think they're a little wasted if they're only stuck in tour forever </3

There isn't anybody I'm hoping for, since I know I'm just going to stick with Dry Bones and not bother using them, lol. Still, if I had to pick two characters I'd like to see in the final wave, I guess I'd go with ROB and Monty Mole.

The characters they've added so far were included in previous mainline entries (with the exception of Kamek but he was planned for 64 and later 8). I don't think any Tour or Arcade GP exclusive characters will be added and there seems to be a pattern of them adding characters that remained exclusive to the entry they debuted in (with the exception of Birdo). Kamek planned for 64, Petey in DD, Wiggler in 7.
Honestly doubt they would bring back R.O.B. so I think Diddy Kong and Funky Kong make the most sense. Funky Kong is one of the most requested characters to return and including him but not Diddy Kong would be weird. They seem to be the most likely additions in the final wave and I would love to see them both return.

I don’t mind which character makes it in since I already main Lemmy or Mii depending on which character name I use. I’d personally love to see Funky Kong. I like his design.

I'm expecting Pauline and I'll be confused if she's not there. I also want R.O.B.
And... probably not happening, but did you know there were arcade Mario Kart games? Yeah, let's put in something like Pac-Man from those, lol. (I also want Mametchi but that's very unlikely.)

There's a couple more I want but they're not happening because it seems we're only getting returning characters.

I would like Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong, complete with a remaster of a Diddy Kong Racing track as one of the last eight tracks.

There isn't anybody I'm hoping for, since I know I'm just going to stick with Dry Bones and not bother using them, lol. Still, if I had to pick two characters I'd like to see in the final wave, I guess I'd go with ROB and Monty Mole.

Oh noooo, I was going to say I'm really happy that everyone's hopes for Pauline/Kong family have been realised, but now I'm just sad there is no Monty Mole. 😭😔

I wanted Hammer Bro and Goomba to be brand new characters for the DLC, cause Hammer Bro is one of my favorite Super Mario enemies and Goomba would be hilarious driving in my opinion
I guess we got Pauline and Peachette who I like and Diddy Kong and Funky Kong who I don't really like but you win some you lose some

Back