• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Direct September 2023 Discussion Thread

i won't be around when the direct goes live, but i don't have too many high hopes. that i way i don't set myself up for too much disappointment 😭 i'll watch it when i get home most likely but i'm interested in anything they might say about the new princess peach game. i'm also hopping onto the tomodachi life manifestation train. either a switch port or a whole new game added to the series would be amazing!

I almost never actually watch these, I just read summaries afterwards ahaha—but like some others in this thread, I'm crossing my fingers for any news regarding Fantasy Life i! 👀 Aside from that there's nothing really specific I'm hoping for, but I'm open to looking into any new games that might get announced, and while I'm not expecting anything, it'd be cool if there's any AC-related stuff too! I don't expect a new mainline AC until after the next Nintendo console releases, but I have wondered if they might do a side-game of some kind in the meantime.

If the leaks are to be believed we're seeing some F-ZERO 🤯 so far they've been right on all of the reveals today, that would be wild

Last edited:
The phrase "available for pre-order on the eshop now" is so weird to me. Like what? Are they telling us to give them money 'in case they run out of downloads' 🤔

I was…disappointed…in the Direct.

There was no announcement on their upcoming software titles for Nintendo Switch Online for 2024, more particularly the N64 and GBA titles. Is last year’s NSO wave of games the final wave?

i'm actually lowkey a little hyped about thousand year door. super paper mario is one of my favorite games ever, so i always wanted to play TYD but couldn't. i haven't played any paper titles past sticker star because i'm not really into the turn-based combat, but i think i can overlook it to give TYD a try. still don't think it'll beat SPM for me, but i can definitely see myself enjoying it.

other than that, the direct was kind of lacking for me. MK8 update was expected but didn't reveal too much. (glad to see pauline did get in.) i enjoyed seeing more about the peach game though! after her last solo game, i was kind of dreading the worst, but seeing the detective and swordfighter outfits renewed my faith. i'm not overly keen on the more mini-game looking sections, i would prefer just a straight platformer, but it still looks fun.

still no tomodachi life sequel/port </3

I usually keep my expectations low for directs but:

I'm just happy that Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, and Pauline came back in the final wave of the Mario Kart 8 dlc. (Mario Kart Wii has best roster in my opinion so I'm super happy Funky Kong returned.)

I'm also happy that we get to see more of Splatoon 3: side order gameplay information and footage after being shown only the teaser for so long.

That was a good direct. Some of those Nintendo exclusives actually looked interesting to me. I look forward to hearing how others enjoy them and what they thought about them.

For myself, I really liked Bandle Tale, Tomb Raider remastered, and Prince of Persia The Lost Crown. I haven't played any of those series before, but they interest me and if they appear on Steam, I'll throw them in my wishlist.
I do want to know more about Bandle Tale. It looks really cute and kinda gives a Stardew Animal Crossing hybrid feel to me.

I also noticed for actual Nintendo games, none of them have been mentioned to launch Past March. The exception was Paper Mario with only a 2024 date, but they never actually said it was coming to Switch and no switch logo was shown anywhere. They said instead that this was their last announcement (of the direct) and to please take a look.

And, I felt like they really pushed Peach in this direct. Great for Peach fans and it is nice to see someone else from the Mushroom Kingdom beyond Mario and Luigi.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say that was the weakest Direct in quite awhile, but it does give weight to the idea that we're going to get the Switch's successor next year IMO. Still, nice to get a name + more footage of Princess Peach: Showtime, plus the announcements of F-Zero 99, the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake and the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake (that one I'm really looking forward to). with yet another GameCube RPG remake, can I just say please remake Skies of Arcadia: Legends already, please

princess peach showtime looks REALLY COOL! her outfits?? absolutely amazing.

(also i got like unnecessarily excited upon seeing my boy funky kong finally being in mk8.. and also seeing that daisy circuit's in too. one of my all time fav stages for sure)

AHHHH, PAULINE IS IN! AND SO ARE DIDDY, FUNKY AND… peachette…? Ok……

Let‘s not forget about TTYD Remake, I’d totally buy that, despite still liking the N64 version, but I understand that this GameCube iteration is the best in the series.

Also that Peach game is looking very promising, so I’m looking forward to buy it.

I give it an 8/10 direct.

Still would have preferred Pizza Tower in the direct, now I gotta wait for an Indie World for it.

Last edited:
About that Mario Kart announcement, I felt like the Mario Kart Wii tracks got too much love, while we haven’t had an additional N64 track to the booster pack since Wave 2. I think by now, all Star Cup tracks from MK Wii have appeared in MK8 Deluxe (including Grumble Volcano, which was already part of the original Mario Kart 8 tracks).

i said i was going to watch it but i realized it was happening during when i was at school and i couldn’t. i said i probably wouldn’t like most of the games but i take that back; the peach game, luigi’s mansion 2 hd, mario rpg, paper mario the thousand year door, f-zero, and mario vs donkey kong look really good.

anyway no tomodachi life so i will continue to be delulu

another direct has come and gone without a tomodachi life announcement
IMG_2812.png
we will get one one day my fellow tomodachi life homies, i swear!! /copium

none of the games from today’s direct really stood out to me tbh, though a few of them did intrigue me a bit— namely the paper mario: the thousand-year door and luigi’s mansion 2 remasters, spyxanya: operation memories, princess peach: showtime!, and bandle tale!

i’m not sure if i’ll be pre-ordering/buying any of them, but i’m most intrigued by the remasters and the spyxanya game! i’ve never read or watched spy x family, but photography is one of my biggest passions, and getting to build a photo diary and explore anya’s world in search of moments and things to photograph sounds so fun! the art style is also super cute 💖 i’ve also never played the original ttyd or luigi’s mansion 2, but the luigi’s mansion games have always looked so fun, and i’ve always loved the art style of ttyd! i’ve been interested in trying out more mario games as of late, so maybe i’ll get them!

princess peach: showtime! also looks adorable; i love that peach is getting her own game! i’m still on the fence about whether or not i’ll pick it up, but i am tempted to draw her in her patisserie outfit 👀

i probably won’t be getting bandle tale, but the art style is adorable!!

Last edited:
No news on Fantasy Life, but I'm positively buzzing with excitement for the remake of Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door!

Back