• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you hoping to get for Christmas? ( nothing rude please )

The main thing I want is kind of weird because it's really outdated, but I really want a Wii U. One reason is because I want to be able to play ACCF. But I don't think my parents will ever get me one because my dad doesn't want to buy things that are used. Which is understandable, but eBay does take returns. Besides that, I don't really know, I should probably start working on my list and not wait until December 15th.

my parents like receiving a wishlist from me so they have some guidance - it saves them thinking about gifts and they know what they get me will be well received, aha! my birthday and christmas are five days apart. so far the only things i've actively asked for are a dress i had my eye on from realisation par because they were having a 25% sale and i figured that would be as good a time as any to make a suggestion. but the thing i want most is something i need - i asked for some new headphones. i lost my koss porta pros a year ago and ever since i've been using airpods belonging to my boyfriend that he no longer uses. they have an awful battery life, are super old, and he confessed that the reason they die so quickly is because ... he dropped them down the toilet four years ago!

i’m a boring old man (25) so it’s come to me asking for sweaters and mugs from the folks.

Nowadays for Christmases and my birthdays, my dad just gives me a few hundred dollars to spend, which I am perfectly fine with. :)
My grandma will usually give me $100 dollars, along with some new clothes for Christmas and my birthday (she actually already got me two sweaters back on Thanksgiving as early Christmas presents).

I am gonna, however, ask my dad if he can put some of my Christmas money towards an Apple gift card or two, since these Visa gift card issuers have been declining a lot of stuff, including moving some of the money to my Apple account, and there is an upcoming mobile game that I want, which costs money. I also want to do a Year of Nitro-for-some artworks trade with my friend Ashton.

The only Visa gift cards where I have not had these limits are the Walmart ones, but they are usually not available.

Unless my celebrity crush suddenly knocks on my door declaring his undying love me... nothing. I honestly don't need anything and would rather go without and than get presents that don't truly mean anything e.g. Christmas themed gift sets.

So I'm getting old (25) and my demand in wanting stuff for Christmas is running low. I still ask for these things:

• A new Wii
  • Skylanders I don't own
  • Amiibo Cards (Preferably Series 2)
  • A Switch Pro Controller
Why I want a new Wii is because since Late April, I couldn't get my games to load, so I decided to just get another one. I'm hoping this Christmas will be the time I do.

For Skylanders, the ones I don't own are expensive, but because of that I am not sure if I'm getting any this year.

Amiibo Cards are always a pleaser to get from my stocking, so I wouldn't mind more.

Finally, a Switch Pro Controller I need so I can be able to shake my controller to allow for more precise tricking in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Motion Glider too but I'm not doing that tech.

Yay, Christmas! I'm hoping for a specific quilt design pattern - pic in spoiler. I like taking patterns/designs and changing them around, experimenting with designs and methods, etc. But so expensive! Really hoping to get this one.
Screenshot_20231211-131623_Chrome.jpg

Unless my celebrity crush suddenly knocks on my door declaring his undying love me... nothing. I honestly don't need anything and would rather go without and than get presents that don't truly mean anything e.g. Christmas themed gift sets.

I like giving things that are meaningful or that people can actually use rather than just fluff. Christmas fluff seems pointless to me. But some in my family love giving Christmas fluff.

My family is a bit odd, in that if someone gets something they don't like, they'll regift it to someone else the following year. Some presents get regifted several years...

i buy myself gifts with the money my parents give me, so i'm thinking of finally buying some of the stuff on my amazon wishlist, which mostly just consists of makeup and skincare stuff lol

Back