• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Resident Evil Mafia - Game Thread [Endgame- Mafia Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.

N e s s

It’s Furret Friday
Bells
う
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
1633824935913.png

Enter the Survival Horror.

Introduction: Flavor
*CONTENT WARNING: The following video contains depictions of graphic horror violence.
Maybe unsettling for a younger audience. A transcript of the Intro has been typed below.

JULY 1998 - RACCOON FOREST
Alpha team is flying around the forest zone in Northwest Raccoon City, where we are searching for the helicopter of our compatriots. Bravo team, who disappeared during the middle of their mission.

Bizzare murder cases have recently occurred in Raccoon City. There are outlandish reports of families being attacked by a group of about ten people.

Victims were apparently... eaten.

The Bravo team was sent in to investigate, but we lost contact.

Bravo Team's helicopter was a derelict, save for the remaining body of Kevin. We continued our search for the remaining members, and it turned into... a nightmare.

The S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team is ravaged by a pack of demon-like hounds known as the Cerberuses. Your comrade, Joseph Frost, is the first of your group to perish to the horrors which await. As it begins to appear that the rookie member, Jill Valentine, is about to fall to the hounds too, Chris Redfield saves her in the nick of time.

The S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team, abandoned by their pilot Brad Vickers, has no choice but to flee in the woods. In the heat of moment, a beacon of hope appears throughout the trees.

"Quick, make for the mansion!" Chris shouts.

The Spencer Mansion, a building which has been mysterious abandoned and filled with terrifying monsters, awaits the unsuspecting members of S.T.A.R.S. Your objective is to survive the horror, save your comrades, and learn the truth about the mansion.

Player Roster

1. b100ming Killed N2 - Brad Vickers (Friendly Neighbor)
2. Ghost2008 Endgamed - Rebecca Chambers (Vanilla Townie)
3. Antonio Modkilled D2 - Richard Aiken (Vanilla Townie)
4. Damniel Miss Misty
5. shellbell
6. Geoni Killed N1 - Barry Burton (Jailkeeper)
7. voltairenism Endgamed - Forest Speyer (Townie)
8. Tessa. Eliminated D3 - Kenneth J. Sullivan (Townie)
9. BetsySundrop Endgamed - Jill Valentine (Townie)

Alive Players: 5/9
Mafia Alive:
2/2

Town Win Condition: Eliminate all of the Mafia.
Mafia Win Condition: Equal or outnumber the town.

Sheep Villager
Damniel
Biancasbotique
Byngo

Game Set-Up
This game uses the NewD3 setup, a semi-open mode that will use the table below

A
B
C
Mafia RoleblockerMafia RolecopMafia Goon
1.Town Cop, Town DoctorTown Tracker, Town Friendly NeighborTown Cop, Vanilla Townie
2.Town Jailkeeper, Town TrackerTown Jailkeeper, Town Friendly NeighborTown Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie
3.Town Mason, Town MasonTown Tracker, Town DoctorTown Mason, Town Mason

One row and column are selected at random to provide 2 town and 1 mafia roles; the remaining slots are filled with 1 Mafia Goon and 5 Vanilla Townies.

In total, there are 9 possible setups:
  • A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

The Mafia Roleblocker or Rolecop are allowed to both submit the nightkill and perform their Roleblocker or Rolecop action. As a result, it is possible for a Tracker to see them visiting two targets on one night. In addition, the Roleblocker is stated to resolve before the Jailkeeper. This only matters in the case where the Roleblocker and Jailkeeper target one another, and even in this case only matters if the Roleblocker was also going to submit the kill (the end result being that the kill will not be jailed).

Flavor Names
The theme of this game is after Resident Evil 1. There will be flavor names randomly assigned to the roles selected. It is imperative to understand that I will not be correlating Power Roles to Role Names. Therefore, while Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield of the protagonists in the game, they will not be the Cop/Doctor just because of lore reasons. The exception to this is the Mafia role names, which will both be Albert Wesker and The Tyrant. Mafia will be given two "safeclaims" to make speculation irrelevant.

The following is a list of potential town role names for this game, with two randomly assigned for the mafia:

Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Richard Aiken, Kenneth J. Sullivan, Forest Speyer, Enrico Marini, and Brad Vickers.

Voting Rules

1. This game uses Plurality Elimination. Whenever a player has the most votes on them at the end of a day phase, they are yeeted and out of the game til it ends.
2. Voting will be done in the voting thread: [CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE VOTING THREAD]
3. Please use the format: ##VOTE: [Username here]. There is no punishment for not using the format, but it makes it easier for me to notice.

Game Format - Technical Rules

PMs:
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed. If I am to find out anyone in the game is using out-of-thread communication, you will be modkilled without exception.

This also includes speaking about the game in the TBT Mafia Discord Channel, but I'll be a bit more mellow on this depending on what was said.

Activity:

You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game.

Civility:
While Mafia is prone to become heated, I ask that you do not personally attack other players. Arguing about the game is acceptable, but there is a fine line between being rude and doing things strategic to the game. If I find that you are bullying others, you will receive one warning. After the warning, I will discuss the behavior in thread with a host and determine whether or not to remove you from the game.

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Night 2.

Time Cycle and Phases:
The game will generally follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No actions will be accepted during this period. The final deadline will always be 8:00 PM CDT. (9:00 PM EDT)

I will post time conversions depending on your timezone, if you ask.

Day:
During Day, the town must choose someone to eliminated. Whomever has the most votes on at the end of the day is eliminated. Day will always be 48 hours long. Night will follow after the reveal post has been published by me.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent activity speculation as to who used what. The thread will be locked during the night, this is to give players a break from the constant chatter and to allow the mafia/PRs to prioritize their phase.

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using alternate accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action and at worst is punishable by site ban.

Mod Font:
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional at times. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Additionally, I will be reporting any posts I see that are over the line.

Surrendering:
No matter how much an alignment feels like they are in the most dire circumstances and believe there is not a single possibility to win, I still will not allow them to surrender and end the game. Fight the game out to the end; if you're the last mafia member and there is incriminating evidence that it is you, then I maybe will allow it. Otherwise, surrendering is not an option. If it's a extreme situation (family, school, depression, etc.) then let me know and we can discuss it.

Observer's Chat:
While spectators will be fueling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorize and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leak-proof and game-ruining information CAN get out. I too will refrain from posting spoilers this match.

Encryption:
Don't create messages that are locked behind a code or secret message. I'm counting this as out of thread communication.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game. However, do keep in mind this may affect whether or not you can join a game at a future date.

Keep these rules in mind when playing the game. You have been informed of what is expected of you as the player.

New Players, if you haven't read all the rules, please go back and do so.

Last edited:
Day & Night Posts

Day 1 | Night 1

Day 1 will end on: October 11th @8:00 PM CDT

Vote Count 1.1

Geoni [2]: BetsySundrop, b100ming
BetsySundrop [1]: voltairenism
Not Voting [6]: @Ghost2008 @Antonio @Miss Misty @shellbell @Geoni @pottercrossing

Currently with [2] votes, Geoni is set to be eliminated.

Day 1 will end on October 11th at 8:00 PM CDT. You have exactly 24 hours to select someone to eliminate.

Last edited:
DAY 1

1633826886085.png

There are only three S.T.A.R.S. members left now.
Captain Wesker, Barry, and myself.

We don't know where Chris is...

Separated from Chris during their sprint into the Spencer Mansion, the remaining S.T.A.R.S. members find themselves in an eerie entrance hall.

"What is this place?" asks Barry.

"Not quite your ordinary house, that's for sure." answers Wesker.

"Hey Wesker, where's Chris?" Jill asks.

"Jill, no! You don't want to go back out there."

"But we've got to find-"

*BANG!*

"What was that?"

"Chris?"

"No!" Jill cries.

Concerned about the sound of the gunshot, Wesker sends Jill and Barry to investigate. Little do they know, the first of the mysterious horrors which await are about to unfold. Now alone in the mansion, each of the S.T.A.R.S. members must survive the monsters and discover a way to escape. However, a traitor lurks among the S.T.A.R.S. Can you figure out who they are before the S.T.A.R.S. are finished?

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to select someone to be eliminated. As this game uses plurality vote, whoever has the most votes by the end of Day 1 will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, the first to reach the number of votes will be eliminated.

Night 1 will begin on October 11th, 8:00 PM CDT. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. Let the game begin!

Ok. Our parents are watching the husker game and they said bedtime is at halftime so until then we can play.
Post automatically merged:

uh oh. That’s ten minutes

Goodnight
Post automatically merged:

Sorry it’s bedtime.

hello!
i'm weird and am active in the middle of the night so i'll be awake for the next 8 hours ._.

hello!
i'm weird and am active in the middle of the night so i'll be awake for the next 8 hours ._.

We're going to be besties.

Obviously it's my weekend and you know what that means, lazy me. Not that it's a bad time to be given it's day 1. Be at work tomorrow however, hope to see everyone digging in!

Maybe we should tell each other our time zones so we can figure out times that work. Ghost and I are in est.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back