• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Mountainous Mafia: Camp Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Miss Misty

Bells
Island
Nova Cove
Kwanzaa Candy
Snowflake Glow Wand
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Inspired by our recent adventures at Camp Bell Tree.

Summer is ending but there are still a few more warm nights left. Before returning to the hustle and bustle of school and work, a group of friends decided to get together for a last outing at their favorite campground. Secluded well away from society, the campground they chose offers ample opportunities for leisure activities such as hiking, fishing, wildlife watching, and more. Unfortunately for our group, some of the campers who came along have a different idea of 'leisure' activities. A more... gruesome idea.

Welcome to Camp Mafia

Phases:

Day One | Night One
Day Two | Night Two

Days are 48 hours | Nights are 24 hours
Phases end at 2pm EDT/6pm UTC

Playerlist:
1. @Damniel (he/him) - Eliminated Day Two - vanilla town
2. @BetsySundrop (she/her)
3. @b100ming - Eliminated Day One - vanilla town
4. @Sheep Villager (they/them) @Antonio (any)
5. @voltairenism (any) @Koopadude100 (he/him)
6. @Catharina (she/her)
7. @Geoni (he/him) - Eliminated Night One - vanilla town
8. @droqen (none/he/him)
9. @Biancasbotique - Eliminated Night Two - vanilla town

Observers:
1. @Byngo
2. @mogyay
3. @thetessagrace

Replacements:
1. @Antonio
2. @Koopadude100
3. @N e s s

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be eliminated. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is eliminated, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the elimination begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

written by KarlaGB

General Guidelines for TBT Mafia

Game Specifics & Rules:
  • This setup is mountainous, which consists only of vanilla townies and mafia. I'd like at least 10 people so I can have a mafia team of at least 2. I'd like to have signups end on Saturday at midnight EDT, but if we're close by then I'll extend it a day or two (don't want signups to drag forever but I want people to have time to think about joining)
  • Days will be 48 hours. Nights will be 24 hours. End of day will be 2pm EDT. The thread will be locked during nights.
  • I will opt for a replacement over a modkill when possible, but please try to make an effort to remain active. If you can't, then please let me know so I can try to make arrangements. I define active as at least a few quality posts in the main thread per day phase and a vote per day phase. I'm not going to police exact post count minimums but I'll keep an eye to make sure that no one lags too far behind in their activity.
  • The flavor is just that: flavor. Just a little something extra I'm doing to spice up the game. It's not the game itself, merely a (hopefully) humorous reflection of the deaths that occur in game. It's not meant to offend anyone or as a means of providing clues (I just want to write cheesy 80s campground horror movie material okay)
  • No cheating:
    1. Editing posts after posting them. If you make a spelling or grammatical error that you just cannot bear, you can EBWOP (edit by way of posting) to correct yourself.
    2. Posting after death. People who have been voted out or night killed can make one goodbye post in the thread to wish their team good luck, but it cannot give away any information.
    3. Additionally, please refrain from reacting to game posts (love, buzz, dig etc...) if you are not a living player in the game. Spectators and dead players may react to flavor posts and flavor posts alone if they so choose. Using reacts on actual game posts from players to try to breadcrumb information from outside the game is forbidden.
    4. Discussing the specific phrasing of role PMs or the times at which they were sent to try and work out who is on what team. You can obviously mention (or lie about) your role/alignment, but do not copy and paste (or pretend to copy and paste). Eg: "I am the cop" = okay. "My PM literally says 'You are the cop. Once per night you can choose a person to inspect their alignment' " = not okay.
    5. Signing up for the game using multiple accounts in order to rig the results in some way.
    6. Account sharing, screenpeeking, or any other stealthy method to learn another player's role.
    7. Discussing roles and alignments outside of this thread or the specific mafia chat with other players.
    8. Deliberately trying to get yourself modkilled. If you're genuinely not having a good time or think your team would be better off without you, please discuss it with me so I can find a replacement rather than ruin the game for everyone.
    9. Offering to pay people for in-game information in some way (TBT bells, in-game bells, other game currency, real life currency)
    10. Sharing game-sensitive information such as the names of mafia teammates or going against your team's wincon in any other way.
    11. Sharing PMs sent from the game host without permission. If a question or concern gets brought up that needs to be addressed in thread, the host will address it.
  • Remember that mafia is just a game. A game that revolves around deception, arguing, and poking holes in people's stories to find the truth, but a game nonetheless. Please remain civil at all times, remember this is a team game where every individual person is trying to advance their team's win condition, and that no one had any say in which team they were assigned to. Attack the plays, not the players. Under no circumstances are personal attacks against another player okay.
  • This is the question color. If you have a question that you think the entire field needs to know the answer to, please use this color. You are of course free to PM me if you have any questions you do not wish to ask publicly.
  • This is the mod color. This color is reserved for me, the game host, to answer questions or to address concerns.
  • Spectator chat will use Quicktopic. Mafia chat will use whatever form of chat the mafia team is comfortable with.
  • Player alignment is revealed upon death.

(Will be moved to its own voting thread when the game starts, I'm just putting it here so people can peruse them in advance)

- The voting system is plurality. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be eliminated.
- If two or more players have the same number of votes, the elimination will be chosen randomly by the host.
- Voting for No Elimination is acceptable. If No Elimination has the most votes at the end of the day, no one will be eliminated.
- You cannot vote for yourself. If the last remaining mafia member wishes to surrender, they can do so over PM.
- Failure to vote once will result in a warning. Failure to vote a second time will result in a replacement being brought in or your slot being modkilled.

If you'd like to sign up you can say /in to play, /obs to observe, or /rep to volunteer to be a replacement if necessary.

(This is my first time hosting & I'm a little nervous so any feedback throughout will always be appreciated!)​

Last edited:
Sooo.... I'm thinking this would be fun to try? If a newbie can play, sign me up.

I mean, it's not like if you croak on tbt you croak in real life....?

/in but I'm not going to stress myself/wall the heck out of the thread the way I did last game

I've decided to extend the signups through the 7th to give more people a chance to see this. I sent out a few PMs to people who played mafia games previously this year and I'll try to send a few more. If we don't get enough for the mountainous setup I had in mind, I'll try to figure something else out so I don't have to call it off.

Back