• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Monster Mash Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Damniel

Openly Wolfing
Bells
Switch
0804-8939-7771
Island
Sandoval
Red Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Monster Mash Mafia

Halloween is rapidly approaching. The one day in the year where ghouls and goblins alike can haunt the mortal realm with no repercussion. But before the holiday starts, a few monsters decide to hold a frightful feast in celebration. This year's annual Monster Mash initially seemed to be the standard pre-game party, but it was soon discovered that much more nefarious schemes were at play...

Players:
1. @shawo The Zombie (mafia goon). Eliminated D2
2. @tae The Clown (mafia goon)
3. @Sidney The Skeleton (vanilla townie)
4. @Totally_RandomYT The Pirate (vanilla townie). Eliminated D3
5. @Trent the Paladin The Witch (vanilla townie). Eliminated D1
6. @BetsySundrop The Vampire (vanilla townie)
7. @tessa grace Frankenstein's Monster (vanilla townie). Killed N3
8. @Sheep Villager The Headless Horseman (Detective). Killed N2
9. @StarlitGlitch The Ghost (vanilla townie). Killed N1

Replacements:
1. @Jacob
2. @N e s s

Days/Nights:
Day One | Night One
Day Two | Night Two
Day Three | Night Three
Day Four | Endgame

Setup:

6 Vanilla Townies: 1 Town Detective: 2 Mafia Goons

Vanilla townies
have no night action. They only have their voice and their vote. Town wins when all mafia players have been eliminated.

The Detective can investigate a player once per night to receive their alignment the following day. The investigation report is always accurate.

Mafia Goons are able to communicate which each other privately. Each night, the mafia team may select 1 player to kill and permanently remove from the game.The mafia team wins when the number of alive town players equal the number of alive mafia members (or when nothing can prevent this from happening).

This is a themed game. However, role names were rolled separately and thus have no correlation with their alignment.

Last edited:
Game Setup
Outside of Thread Communication
You are not allowed to PM other users about the game. The only exception to this is the mafia team.

Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 6PM EST, and results will be posted in a hour at 6-7PM EST (An hour at most to prepare). The thread will be locked for all of Night.

Replacements

This game will use replacements until after day 3. Any rule-breakers/inactives will be modkilled afterwards

General Mafia Rules
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information (i.e. a detective's results).
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.

8. Offering favors/items/bells outside of the game for in-game information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Activity:

You must contribute one substantial post at least once every two day phases. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. Please be on your best behavior during this game to avoid being banned.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed under any normal circumstances and can only be done under the orders of TBT staff. Unapproved editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

The Bell Tree Rules and Guidelines:
All players must comply with the rules and guidelines of the larger TBT forum. TBT moderators can step in at any time if forum rules have been broken. For more information please see the rules and guidelines thread. Furthermore, the Cellar has its own specific rules and guidelines that you should read here before playing the game. For any questions and concerns please contact a staff member.

Voting

This game uses plurality voting (the person with the most votes by the end of day will be eliminated). In the case of a tie between two or more players, the elimination will be decided randomly between those candidates.

Votes must be made in the separate voting thread, any votes cast in this thread will not be considered at all. Votes should be clear and concise (simply say Vote: PLAYER instead of a lengthy post as to why you are voting). You may vote for only one player at a time but may change your vote at any time for as many times as needed.

You may not vote for yourself. You may vote for no elimination. Not voting for two day phases will result in your removal from the game.

Last edited:
Day One

The Werewolf was the first one at the party; he was the host, after all. Before night came and the full moon arose, he was up bright and early to prepare. He spent hours cleaning the house and setting up the decorations and food, all in hopes of his party being recognized as the best Monster Mash in centuries. However, when the guests started arriving, the Werewolf was no where to be seen. "Perhaps he went out for a walk to howl at the moon", most thought.

As the night went on, it became increasingly clear that something was off. One guest, during their stroll through the graveyard, noticed a freshly dug burial among the field of long eroded graves. Curious about this new member of the dead, the guest began to read the gravestone, which must have been made merely days ago. It said, "Here lies Damniel, the first victim of 2022's Monster Mash".

Damniel, the Werewolf, was found dead.

The game has begun! You have until Sunday, 6pm EST to vote on the first elimination.

Last edited:
😢 Talk about feeling bad for the poor werewolf....

Vampire Betsy, ready to play and find those demented werewolf killers.

Gotta say the flair is really nice, I look forward to the upcoming posts!

I'm probably not going to be around much longer for the SoD, but popping in regardless to kick things off. Since there's a lot of new faces (or old faces that are new...) I'd love a quick pronoun round for future reference. I personally use they/them!

Gotta say the flair is really nice, I look forward to the upcoming posts!

I'm probably not going to be around much longer for the SoD, but popping in regardless to kick things off. Since there's a lot of new faces (or old faces that are new...) I'd love a quick pronoun round for future reference. I personally use they/them!
Welcome, sheep villager! My pronouns she/her. What monster did you get?

Oh gosh game start! Hello!!!

rip werewolf…I wonder what all monsters got in this game (assuming everyone is a monster of some kind)

She/her pronouns here :)

poor wolfy. :(

Sup, returning face here.
i go by they/them, but i will accept he/him as well. nice to meet ya.

Welcome tae and sidney. Looks like we still have some to join in. This vampire is checking out for the evening.

Also - what monsters did everyone get?

Hello gamers it is I, Trent the Paladin (formerly known as Tom) here to wait out Day 1 and lazy post. Pronouns are He/They. Old Mafia vet that is definitely feeling old

that video actually slaps tho. as one oldie to another oldie.

Hey guys. You don't have role names after you? No one here is a "Shawo"?

I don’t think so

I got skeleton; pretty spooky

i realize this is likely a jest, but, is a shawo a real thing?

Checking in for the day. I'll probably be hovering around until I need to go sleep again since it's looking to be a lazy saturday.

Hello gamers it is I, Trent the Paladin (formerly known as Tom) here to wait out Day 1 and lazy post. Pronouns are He/They. Old Mafia vet that is definitely feeling old

How much of an old mafia vet are we talking here? Should us post 2020 players be giving you the Geoni treatment?

How much of an old mafia vet are we talking here? Should us post 2020 players be giving you the Geoni treatment?
Not even sure what that treatment even means, but I think my last game was pre-2020. To be honest, I'm not unfamiliar with the game but my playstyle might be found lacking (or similar to the few games I last played previously).

I'll be busy later today playing Community Day in Pokemon Go from 2-5 PM Eastern.

Not even sure what that treatment even means, but I think my last game was pre-2020. To be honest, I'm not unfamiliar with the game but my playstyle might be found lacking (or similar to the few games I last played previously).

I'll be busy later today playing Community Day in Pokemon Go from 2-5 PM Eastern.

The joke was in reference to one more experienced player who typically doesn't get questioned a lot due to intimidating us post 2020 players. I actually only realized after posting that the joke might not carry over well if you've been out of the game for a while. Sorry for the confusion.

I can't say I've even seen a game with you in it before so I've got no reference point for your past possibly-lacking-meta, but maybe that's for the best. I'm unfortunately a pretty meta based player and that's a habit I'm trying to shake since it doesn't make for very fun games.

I miss pokemon go! We had some unfortunate occurrences with the game in our tiny town, so I haven't played in a while.
To be honest, I'm not unfamiliar with the game but my playstyle might be found lacking (or similar to the few games I last played previously).

My first game was here on tbt, 2021, so I don't think I have a playstyle yet. I have tended to stir the pot, try to get more activity in past games.
Theory- more activity = more possibility to catch wolfy mistakes.
Reality- lots of activity = mass confusion and oops, we've voted out the wrong person while maf used the confusion to their advantage.
But no or too little activity makes it too easy to hide.
So far in this d1, not a lot to go on.

Where are you @tessa grace ? If you don't make the game, we won't have our favorite high pressure f3 player...(kidding....sort of).

wait outside of trent, me and shawo, is everyone else predominantly newish to mafia?
Post automatically merged:

oh my phone didn’t update the thread before i posted that. ok ok yeah i’ll hush now.
Post automatically merged:

why are you like this.

Last edited:
Back