• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Planetary Express (Crews 1 & 2)

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
planetary express.png

Good day, space campers! From Earth, you might imagine that space travel is all about exploring new worlds, battling space monsters, and chasing hot alien babes. As cool as that all might sound, it is sadly not our reality. It is our job to take the cargo that has been sent up from the hold and deliver it to residents within our solar system. Yep, we're glorified delivery boys. Upside, Captain Gulliver gave us really cool space scooters!

Unfortunately, the lads downstairs don't always pay close attention to detail. Sometimes we receive a parcel with illegible or missing labels. In these instances, we need to open the package and inspect the contents to see if we can find a packing slip with the recipients name or address on. Oh boy, you won't believe some of the things we find!

When an unmarked package turns up, we'll need your help to figure out who it belongs to. Pop back every couple of days to see if there is anything you can help us with.

How to Play 🚀

Each round, you will be presented with four cards. One will be face-down and the other three will be face-up. You will need to submit a guess for who you think the package belongs to.

planetaryexpresscard.png

Who is the recipient of today's package?

AmiiboCardGulliver.png
AmiiboCardPelly.png
AmiiboCardPhyllis.png

Once you are ready to make your guess, you will submit it via Planetary Express submission board. You will receive 6 Bridge Tokens and 5 Points for your team by making a guess.

When the round closes, the recipient's card will be flipped to reveal who the package belonged to. If you correctly guessed the recipient's card then you will receive a bonus 5 Mission Tokens as your award. If you guessed incorrectly, then you will receive only the participation prize. The team that submits the highest amount of correct guesses will take home a collective 100 Point bonus.

AmiiboCardPelly.png

In this example, if the recipient's card flipped Pelly, then everyone who guessed Pelly would receive 5 Mission Tokens for their guess. Anyone who voted for Gulliver or Phyllis would receive only the participation prize. If The Galaxolotls submit more correct guesses than Actually, Nevermind, then The Galaxolotls will take home the 100 Point bonus.

Rules 🚀

• You may only submit one guess per round.
  • Your guess must be posted before the deadline in Planetary Express submission board using the Villager and Round # drop-down menus. If you submit your entry incorrectly you won't be eligible for a prize.

How to Submit 🚀

You will submit your guess in Planetary Express submission board by 4:59PM EDT. Click the "Post thread" button to take you to the full advanced post editor and make sure to select the correct Villager and Round # from the drop-down menus otherwise your entry will not be accepted. The thread title and post content are not important - just put any filler text you like here.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 14.53.58.png

If you have submitted your entry correctly, then you will see a box above your post showing your selections from the two drop-down menus.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 14.54.12.png

Another way to check that you have correctly submitted your guess is by looking at Planetary Express submission board. If your entry has a "Round #" prefix and a picture of your chosen villager then you have submitted your guess correctly.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 14.55.14.png

Rounds 🚀

Round​
Start Time​
End Time​
Round 1​
Tuesday 08 August @ 7:00PM EDT​
Thursday 10 August @ 4:59PM EDT​
Round 2​
Thursday 10 August @ 5:00PM EDT​
Saturday 12 August @ 4:59PM EDT​
Round 3​
Saturday 12 August @ 5:00PM EDT​
Monday 14 August @ 4:59PM EDT​

Prizes 🚀

• Participation: 6 Bridge Tokens and 5 Points per round.
  • Correct Guess: 5 Mission Tokens per round.
  • Team Bonus: 100 Points per round to the team who had the highest number of correct guesses.

FAQs 🚀

How is the recipient's card chosen?
Their card is randomised.

What happens if I notice a mistake in my entry before the deadline passes?
Contact @Chris via TBT Conversation. Outline the mistake (e.g. wrong Round #) and I can fix it for you. Even if I don't see your message until after the deadline passes, I will still honour this and edit your entry accordingly. Do not make a new thread under any circumstances.

What happens if I notice a mistake in my entry after the deadline passes?
We cannot help you.

What happens if I accidentally make two threads?
Contact @Chris via TBT Conversation. I'll delete the one with the later timestamp. If you accidentally submit multiple threads for a single round and fail to notify us of the mistake then it will be treated as cheating and handled accordingly.

Ngl I didn't scroll all the way down and went to guess Phyllis at first 😭 I was scratching my head bc there are no NPCs on the list lol

r!spectate stop -- wait, this isn't the multiplayer channel... but, uhhh anyways! Posting this on behalf of @Chris :

Round 1 Results

The recipient of the package was...

1691700980964.png

Ribbot!

Team​
Correct Votes​
The Galaxolotls
6​
Actually, Nevermind
16​

Actually, Nevermind take home the additional 100 Points for Round 1!
If you voted for Ribbot then you will receive 5 Mission Tokens in addition to your 6 Bridge Tokens and 5 Points. These will be sent out within the next thirty minutes.

Round 2

planetaryexpresscard.png

"Hey boss, the label has rubbed off of this one: 'scope'?
Is it a telescope? A microscope? Maybe a stethoscope?"

Who is the recipient of today's package?

ione.png
petri.png
raddle-amiibo-card.png

Remember to submit your guess for Round 2 in the The Planetary Express submission board by 4:59PM EDT on August 12th 2023. You may only make one guess per round and you cannot change your guess once it has been submitted.

r!spectate stop -- wait, this isn't the multiplayer channel... but, uhhh anyways! Posting this on behalf of @Chris :

Round 1 Results

View attachment 506477

Ribbot!

Team​
Correct Votes​
The Galaxolotls
6​
Actually, Nevermind
16​

Actually, Nevermind take home the additional 100 Points for Round 1!
If you voted for Ribbot then you will receive 5 Mission Tokens in addition to your 6 Bridge Tokens and 5 Points. These will be sent out within the next thirty minutes.
@Chris I am just checking as I don't think I have received my tokens yet.

@Chris I am just checking as I don't think I have received my tokens yet.
Hi! I've taken a look and your entry was submitted incorrectly so it was not counted. Please make sure in future rounds that you are following the instructions outlined in the OP: you need to select a villager from the dropdown menu and it looks like you left this field empty. If you don't do this then your guess does not appear when the threads are filtered for currency distribution.

Hi! I've taken a look and your entry was submitted incorrectly so it was not counted. Please make sure in future rounds that you are following the instructions outlined in the OP: you need to select a villager from the dropdown menu and it looks like you left this field empty. If you don't do this then your guess does not appear when the threads are filtered for currency distribution.
Hey @Chris sorry I just checked and I don’t see the drop down box for me to select the villager only the round

Hey sorry I just checked and I don’t see the drop down box for me to select the villager only the round
Please refer back to the instructions in the OP. You need to press the "Post thread" button first rather than using the quick thread creator. This brings up the advanced post editor (screenshot in OP) with all the fields.

Round 2 Results

raddle-amiibo-card.png

Raddle!

Team​
Correct Votes​
The Galaxolotls
26​
Actually, Nevermind
02​

The Galaxolotls take home the additional 100 Points for Round 2!
If you voted for Raddle then you will receive 5 Mission Tokens in addition to your 6 Bridge Tokens and 5 Points. Please note that these will not be sent out until tomorrow.

Back