How do you sleep?

How do you sleep.

• I need complete silence to sleep.

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • I need the fan on no matter how hot or cold, there needs to be something in the background.

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • I listen to calming, sleep music and sounds.

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • I leave the television on.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters
i'm a heavy sleeper and i sleep easily so i don't really have a preference for anything special. i always sleep with a blanket/comforter no matter how hot it is cause it just feels weird without one. sometimes i like to fall asleep to a podcast if i want to change it up or i put on a show/stream. i can fall asleep in pretty much any circumstance lol.

I don't like silence and I don't like too much noise either.
If there's talking, I can't sleep. If there's thunder, I can't sleep.
If I suddenly notice the air conditioner turn off, it bothers me since apparently I like hearing it.
I would probably like music but I don't want to break my headphones by wearing them to sleep and I don't really feel comfortable making it possible for others to hear my music either. So, I deal with no music.
When I was younger, I always had the radio on, but I don't really care for it anymore. I listen to things that would never show up on there (video game music).

i have a window unit air conditioner in my room and i always sleep with that on. even when its cold outside i keep it on the fan setting with no cold air just for noise. if its too cold to even have it on at all then ill bring a fan in my room and use that. i have to have some kind of noise, my ears ring a lot so the silence is way too loud. having tv on will just distract me, though i used to sleep with music on. even when the lights go out i have to put on a video of a fan on my phone in order to sleep..
despite this i always use earplugs lol

I either need it to be silent, or the TV has to be on (but I rarely do that, usually on weekends). I sometimes wear my air pods to bed with music if my thoughts are particularly loud. The only thing that really bothers me is noises like a fan or AC unit. I hate that type of noise. It's the worst when I'm in an unfamiliar place that has a noise like this that I can't get rid of and I don't have my headphones.

I need complete silence and darkness. However I don't mind a little bit of light (since i'm an anxious individual and might need to walk around a bit at night). I'm rather eccentric so I often sleep with chairs pulled together to create a makeshift bed or I crash on the couch. Last night was the first time in over a year I've slept on an actual bed. (workers downstairs being too noisy).

I like calming sleep sounds (waves crashing on the beach) but my husband needs silence, so I often sleep in silence. Usually, though, it takes me forever to sleep. I do need a bit of sound. I used to be able to sleep with the television, but not anymore. It's pretty bad for your sleeping habits to sleep with the TV, so I broke the habit. Now if a TV is on while I'm trying to sleep, my mind is buzzing too loudly and paying attention to actually fall asleep.

Overall, I don't sleep very well. It's something I'm trying to work on (I say, as I went to bed too late last night and now and tired today...)

i fall asleep with listening to a headspace sleepcast or nighttime SOS. can also fall asleep in silence or with the TV on but i've got used to listening to cat marina so much that i'm asleep pretty fast

I can sleep in silence or with noise. Really depends on the noise though. If it's a steady noise like wind, a fan running, or whatever I can, but if it's something like constant banging then no. Also I can't sleep with lights on. So it has to be dark or really close to it.

A lot of people say they fall asleep playing with their phones, but I feel like that sort of thing would just keep you up longer.

I don't think I really use anything to help me sleep, despite the fact that I have trouble sleeping at night. I just suck it up, I guess. Playing music is out of the question since I only really listen to metal (do I need to explain?) and piano songs didn't help when it came to covers of songs I really like (both mainstream and VGM), which always ended up distracting me.

I almost always fall asleep when I'm watching TV/YouTube at night, so I sometimes go for that route if I'm especially restless. I prefer to keep the lights off, my door closed, in complete silence with a blanket on me. I don't mind noises like an AC running, but it's not ideal either. I also can't sleep without a blanket, even if it's really hot.

I'm sort of a mix between 'needs complete silence' and 'needs something soothing/comforting'. I like to watch stationery haul videos on Youtube to help me fall asleep. The background music is always sooo comforting. I also love watching G-NI on Youtube, who does Korean convenience store mukbang videos. I love how happy she gets when she eats ;w; It makes me wanna travel all over the world and try all new sorts of foods!

Other than that, I need at least some kind of light. But not too much. If I sleep with my ceiling light on, I'll get night-terrors. However, if I have my LED strip on the lowest setting, I'm able to sleep soundly without nightmares and/or night-terrors. I'm scared of the dark, but I've also realized sleeping with EVERY light off makes me sleep really good. But I'm too much of a baby to turn the LEDs off.

I definitely need a fan for white noise. Been using it as one since I was little. I hate when the electricity goes out... cause I have to listen to every other sound that interupts the awkward silence. Some people complain about their fans being loud... but I like mine loud.

I can sleep regardless of whether it's silent, if there's a fan on or if there's other background noise. I'd say I prefer and can have an easier time dozing off if I have some background noise, but yeah, it's not strictly necessary. Usually throw on something on YouTube or whatnot. Doesn't need to be sleep oriented music or anything, can just be whatever.

I need total darkness and silence. This can be difficult because I have neighbours that enjoy blasting music on the weekend. Once I do fall asleep though I am pretty much out until the next morning.

i'd like complete silent when sleeping but i never get it 🤷‍♀️ i usually just end up sleeping when i feel like sleeping. i do like my fan on at all times, but i wouldn't say i NEED it on to go to sleep.

My white noise machine no longer works so now I’d say I need complete silence. My dad talks so loud though, even with my door shut I can hear his full conversation. I’m such a light sleeper; any noise wakes me up or keeps me awake.

Back