• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you get dessert after eating out in a restaurant?

Do you get dessert after a meal?

• heck yea

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • no way man

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • sometimes

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I’m smarter than you and I order dessert to take home and eat later

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Not usually because I'm normally too full to even finish my meal, let alone a dessert. I've never thought about taking it home but I probably wouldn't do that often because it could get pricey and I just don't really need it. However sometimes I deliberately save room for a dessert I really, really enjoy like tiramisu!😍

I don't even generally go to restaurants very often, but as of now I wouldn't likely order a dessert. I've cut out a lot of processed foods this year as part of cleaning up my diet, so I would likely abstain. I might get a dessert if it's a special occasion and I feel like indulging, but it wouldn't be the norm and I'd probably either have some sort of homemade treat once back at home or simply pass on dessert entirely.

Nope. I don’t like that much dessert. I do have things I like, but only if my mom made it. Never anything a restaurant makes except baklava (and that I’d have brought home; this was back before we moved). We don’t go out to eat anymore and rarely if we do.

Not often, despite having a pretty big sweet tooth, due to digestive problems (we’ll just call it a lazy stomach for simplicity) so practically never have room for one. There is a place pretty close to me that has many lovely handmade desserts so if I go there I often get a small starter and skip main to save room but generally I just stick to a starter or small main while I’m out and that fills me up enough.

I hardly ever buy desserts from restaurants. The portions served are usually too big, so I tend to stuff myself before the check arrives. Also, sometimes the price doesn’t seem worth it.

usually I’m too full to order dessert at a restaurant 😅 but sometimes I will if it’s something that I really love or something I like but hate making at home!

but ordering dessert and taking it home is such a pro move tbh…I might just do that next time

Pretty much never. If it's a special occasion I usually make or buy a separate dessert and have that at home instead of buying at the restaurant.

Back