• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you get dessert after eating out in a restaurant?

Do you get dessert after a meal?

• heck yea

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • no way man

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • sometimes

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I’m smarter than you and I order dessert to take home and eat later

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Zane

today works for me, satan
Bells
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
99% of the time I’m just way too full. Even if I preplan and tell myself ‘this time I’m gonna get dessert so I’ll just eat less food’.. nope. I’ve missed out on many delicious sounding desserts and it haunts me during nights like these where I can’t sleep.

For people who do, what’s some of your favorite dessert you’ve ever had from a restaurant? 🍰

sometimes i go for it! if i'm feeling the vibes, my go to's (and my favourites) are cheese and crackers, a honeycomb cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding. i have fond memories of eating banoffee pie though too 😌

I usually eye the deserts but then end up too full to have one. I like to take them home tho!

Sometimes. It really depends on the dessert.

I didn't really grow up eating dessert. Dessert in my childhood household was a piece of fruit:) So while I do have a sweet tooth, I didn't feel like I need to have a dessert to finish a meal. So I'll get one if
1) the meal is being paid for, like I'm at a job interview or something
2) I'm out celebrating with friends
3) the dessert looks really good and I'm not too full

Even if the dessert looks amazing, if I'm too full it's not like I'd even consider taking it to go. The exception is definitely if the meal is comp'd though! Can't let that free-ness go to waste!

It depends on who I'm eating with. Some of my extended family (who has more money) will want appetizers and dessert 100% of the time. When it's immediate family or I'm paying on my own, I only get a regular meal. Also, when the time dessert comes, I'm either full or tired of sitting at the table.

I don’t usually. I’ll get something if it looks good but I’m not going to force myself to pick through a menu of desserts if nothing catches my eye. I’m normally full after my main dish first, so I’m not really thinking about desserts.

i don't because im almost always too full after eating in, HOWEVER i may get a sweet treat in the form of boba/tea/coffee after a meal IF i don't think it's going to make me sick

I'm usually pretty full after dinner so not usually. Not unless they have a very tempting cheesecake but I'll probably get it to go

im a sweet treat kinda girlie so i will internally cry when ppl say theyre fine

i loooooove tiramisu or affogato if im out !

I usually don't go to restaurants, but the last time I did, it was fancy restaurants with only 3 different main course atand the dessert is included.

Otherwise I won't take a dessert right after a meal, it's something I keep for later, like late night snack

Sometimes, maybe like once in a blue moon. I don't eat sweets these days really though. Especially since I'm on a diet.

Under normal circumstances I usually won't get any dessert unless Tiramisu is available as an option. If I'm on vacation though, I'll get dessert almost every time! If I'm too full from the meal I'll still get dessert, but just get it to go and eat it later. I figure since I'm on vacation, why not splurge a little?

Usually I don't. I rarely eat out as it is and try to save money where I can. Eating out at a restaurant is still a nice experience every now and then. But I'm usually full after the meal so I don't bother. And even when I do consider it, I decide against it or people I am with are ready to go so I opt out anyway.

I've ordered dessert when I've been on vacation once or twice during that week. I think when I flew to the Bahamas (I won an all expense trip except for food money/and activities) I bought a few desserts during the trip. The only one I can remember was a decent slice of carrot cake. It was actually pretty good and chilled.

It's a once in a blue moon for me, I didn't grow up in a household who eats dessert after dinner.

I almost never get desserts at restaurants. I'm usually too full, or the dessert doesn't sound that good. :p But when I went to Iceland last year, I ordered a passionfruit panacotta for dessert at this one restaurant because it sounded interesting, and it was hands down one of the best things I've ever tasted.

Back