• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How good are you at going to bed early?

Do you go to bed early regularly?

• I always go to bed early.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • No, I stay up, but at least I don't stay up TOO late.

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • I'm a Night Owl, but at least I do go to bed around 4/5

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I pull all-nighters to a point I see the sun rise, but I don't do it as often.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Sleep? What's Sleep? How am I still alive???

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
i consistently stay up until 2-3. i’d love to go to bed earlier, but at the same time i don’t really get time to myself until late night so i’ve yet to break the habit. factoring in i also have insomnia, even if i do try to go to bed early i’ll still be up hours after that, melatonin or not.

I'm pretty good at it. I used to not be able to sleep early at all, but it didn't matter all that much because every job I've had up until my current one has been overnight shift. I worked third shift by choice because of the hours. It had little to nothing to do with the pay differential.

I'd call myself an early bird now because I prefer morning shifts. That may just be because of the difference in maturity level of the two shifts, but I do prefer the hours and morning shift's workload, as well. I converted into an early bird more recently and the night shifts that I'm working are just temporary. Someone else is occupying the morning shifts, but I'm in line to take them once they retire or quit.

In other words, I'm good at going to bed whenever I need to. I've also gotten so much better at waking up to alarm clocks all by myself.

I loove sleeping I'm an old lady and go to bed at 9 or 10 PM. Also because I need at least 10 hrs of sleep usually or I just get so groggy.

I mean saying I always go to bed early is a stretch but in general I do. My work makes me pretty sleepy (I work with toddlers so it's a lot of physical and emotional work) so I find I'm generally able to fall asleep early. I try to stay up late sometimes but really my late is like. Midnight as best and then I'm out 😴

Terrible, honestly. 😭 I go to bed around 11 PM - And I mean I literally go into my bed around that time, but I'm not asleep until at least 1 AM-3 AM. Sometimes I'll even stay up till 4 or 5 if it's a particularly restless night.

I stay up because I can't sleep right away and I also can't shake off this "x time is too early for bed" mindset. It's pretty bad, but I don't foresee myself changing that anytime soon. :v

It really depends on my plans. If I got work, 12 - 3am is usually when I punch the pillow.
But, if I got 0 plans I'll stay up until my body is monkey screaming at me.

I’m really bad about staying up late and not going to bed early. However, I have tried to get better at it.

I often go to sleep early, around 9pm, but this is because I wake up really early. It’s easy to fall asleep when you’re exhausted:) 10pm is my witching hour. If I’m trying to stay up, if I can make it past that 10 o’clock hour then I usually get a second wind. But when I was waking up at 4am every day for work (first for 5 years because I was catching an early morning train into work in the city, and then for 11 years because of medical training, mostly during the seven years I was a surgical resident), it becomes really easy to fall asleep “early”. But when you’re working sometimes 24/7, early is all relative. What is sleep? What is time? I ask patients all the time,’what is the date today’ to check if they are mentally with it, but I don’t know what day it is half the time!

Back