• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you sleep?

How do you sleep.

• I need complete silence to sleep.

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • I need the fan on no matter how hot or cold, there needs to be something in the background.

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • I listen to calming, sleep music and sounds.

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • I leave the television on.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters
I keep a lamp on to lessen my anxiety and typically leave the room completely silent. At the moment I have a small fan to keep it cool during the Summer.

Fan 100%
I get distracted easily by noises when trying to sleep so it drowns out external noise sources.

Also, for some reason, without it, the world feels too quiet and my mind wonders off to very dark places. I hate that.

I like to leave the tv on really low or keep a fan going or sometimes I fall asleep to music. When it's warm enough out sometimes I like to keep my window open to listen to the crickets and stuff. I'm able to sleep in silence too but having some kind of background noise usually helps keep my mind from wandering.

i was afraid of the dark as a kid, so i always slept with the tv on. now it doesn't really matter. i can sleep in silence, or with a fan on, or the ac running, or a tv on. i don't always sleep at my house, so i've adapted to other people's sleeping habits a lot.

I voted for "calming music" because for the majority of my life I have used calming music or sounds to fall asleep. I almost voted for "I leave the television on" because recently I have been falling asleep to various streams on twitch. I usually put one on on my phone and then place it on my night stand, so I don't watch it but I will listen to it.

I sleep with the hourly animal crossing music in the background! All of it is really peaceful and nice and lets me know what time it is without even opening my eyes!

The first time I heard the 3 AM one from waking up randomly during that time it gave me a scare, thought i was in a fever dream LOL

Fan 100%
Also, for some reason, without it, the world feels too quiet and my mind wonders off to very dark places. I hate that.

basically this, but i have a window fan and a tower fan going rn, hate the summer heat

This poll needs an 'Other' option because I can fall asleep if it's silent or if there's a lil background noise like the fan/the AC being on. Music/podcasts though will most of the time probably keep me up.. maybe not the TV though. It's complicated

In silence with a paper lamp on each side of my bed turned on and the overhead light off.

i used to sleep in silence, but a while ago someone was talking about how this video is the most relaxing music ever and i tried to sleep with it on just to test their theory and now i can't sleep without it lool. i usually fall asleep before the video ends

I fit into two categories in the poll, lol. I end up using fans + my TV when falling asleep. I've always used fans when falling asleep, both for the noise (as I struggle to fall asleep in complete silence) and for it to cool my room, as I prefer it being cool when I'm sleeping, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside, lol. As for my TV, while I went years without having it on when going to sleep, I ended up going back to having it on around 6 years ago, with it automatically shutting off after an hour. It adds a second layer of noise for me, gives some light and makes it easier for my thoughts to avoid going all over the place and keeping me awake.

I have my giant air purifier and it's pretty loud but now without it the air sounds too quiet while I fall asleep. Except the loud city and car noise that's constantly humming but I'm used to it by now.

I leave my TV on, but silent. I need silence to sleep.

I’ve added an “Other” option per request.

I can only fall asleep with the fan on if I’m really tired. Otherwise, I’ll need complete silence or calming sleep music. I use YouTube for the sleep music.

I've been sleeping with a fan on (for the noise) since I was practically born. If there's no fan on, there is 0% chance I am sleeping. In worst case scenarios, I use a smartphone app to make fan noise.

Usually I need a couple of things to happen before I fall asleep. but if I'm tired enough or the environment doesn't allow for those conditions I can still sleep. eventually.

I like it when these conditions are met:
1. There is a 30min - 1 hr ASMR/talking content video playing
2. The room is slightly chilly
3. There is a weighted blanket
4. It is dark

Other bodily hygiene things like must be after taking a shower/brushing teeth I left out but I think once in the bed, those above conditions are the most ideal for me!

i am such a fussy sleeper... if there's any sort of light or repetitive sound, like a streetlamp or snoring or the clicking of a fan, i cannot sleep at all. i prefer very dark and complete silence, or like some very gentle ambient noise (soft fan, wind in the trees outside / rain, something like that). BUT if i'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, i'll put on my sleep headphones (sometimes in combo with earplugs, to block out unwanted sounds) and play familiar videos on youtube til i fall asleep.

The temperature has to be perfect for me to fall asleep, no matter what season it is, if it's too cold or warm, I cannot sleep. I also can't sleep at all if there is a bright light that I can see or if there is really loud sound, that naturally keeps me awake. However, I tend to sleep better with my fan on because that works as white noise (I used to have a white noise machine but I since lost it), and at my dad's house the heater has such a soothing sound to it that it also works as good white noise, one of these days I need to just record the sound of it kicking on and running because it seriously sounds so nice

Back