• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you sensitive to the ticking of clocks?

Are you sensitive to the ticking of clocks?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
You'll would hate my kitchen, my mum ahas like 20 clocks on the wall. All but one tick.
Some clocks are wrong, one is the mexico time since my sister lives there; i like to call it the madness kitchen
I hardly go in for snacks

I usually don’t get annoyed by noises like that, the only noises that irritate me are ‘human generated’ (SUCH WEIRD WORDING LMAO), when I lived in student accommodation the noises from other people drove me crazy, I also hate very loud obvious noises

Maybe it’s because I have tinnitus that I can deal w clocks lol

Oh I love the sound of clocks ticking. When I was little I asked for a pocket watch for Christmas one year so I could carry it around and listen to it tick, lol. We have a big wall clock in my house that makes a really pleasing (imo) ticking sound but it also chimes every hour so my dad doesnt like to wind it.

I also really love the sound of metronomes.... tickles my brain in the best way.

I can hone into the sound of clocks ticking but I guess it's generally something my brain kind of filters out. It doesn't really bother me all that much. I thankfully don't really have any clocks situated anywhere that would keep me up at night with their ticking. I'm not sure how I'd fare under such circumstances until/unless I encounter it in the future. But yeah, otherwise, in my usual encounters with ticking clocks in regular life it doesn't tend to be an issue.

i find them pretty soothing. i used to keep a clock in my bedroom, but i lost it during a move. after a bit, i don’t really even notice clocks making a sound.

Clocks have never bothered me and sometimes they even help me sleep. However, since my mom died some watches will make me sad. She had a mechanical heart valve that would audibly click with her heart beating. If a watch sounds like that, it's rather sad for me.

I don’t have a clock in my room, but I’m very sensitive to sound so I’m pretty sure I’d be sensitive to clocks ticking (also, I think I did spend the night somewhere in the past where there was a clock and i had trouble sleeping partially because of it).

I don't come across many clocks these days but growing up there were a few ticking clocks in our home and it never bothered me. When you are always around it I found it pretty easy to tune it out most of the time or like others have said sometimes the sound can also be quite comforting.

Nah. Usually don’t register it being there at all. But if I’m starting to dissociate sometimes hypnotic rhythms like that can bring me back, so it’s nice to keep one around.

Back