How do you sleep?

How do you sleep.

• I need complete silence to sleep.

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • I need the fan on no matter how hot or cold, there needs to be something in the background.

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • I listen to calming, sleep music and sounds.

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • I leave the television on.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters
When I had a TV, I let it on, but the light annoyed me. I would like to listen to rain and thunder videos but I don't have a phone, tablet or computer in my room. So I let the fan on, unless it's raining, in that case I just let the window open. I like silence but can't sleep when there no noise, my brain gets too loud XD

100% need a fan on or i can't sleep. the silence is too deafening for me, i need the fan sound, cool air is a nice added bonus since i like the cold anyway.

I like it to be cold. I want to be cozy under my blankets to sleep because I always need to be under at least one so that works out better when it's cold. I also prefer it to be dark - I don't keep my TV or laptop on because otherwise I just try to stay up watching whatever is on, lol. Sometimes I'll put on some music but I don't always! If I do put on music though it's always from the same playlist. Unless I'm having a nap, then I put on my instrumental music, lol.

It doesn't matter to me if the fan is on or not! The noise from that doesn't bother me.

I can’t sleep in silence. I have too many dark thoughts that I need to drown out. I use an app that plays rain and thunder sounds and in summer I also use my fan. I have a small purple led light to lessen my anxiety.

I sleep with a fan on during all seasons because the sound of a fan is really comforting and it helps me sleep. I don't really sleep well if there is a lot of noise going on (fans, thunder and rain are the exception.) I also sleep with the television on but I do put it on mute, I just like having the light in my room and I like to watch the tv if I can't sleep (but i don't turn on the sound, i have cc on.)

I have terrible insomnia and anxiety so I need a fan and ASMR to be able to sleep nowadays.

on my side, and badly, hope that answers your question.

but in terms of sounds to fall asleep to, i'll never fall asleep unless i have smth to fall asleep to because of bad anxiety attacks and dpdr. (which sometimes will happen anyway) these days i'll tend to fall asleep to some vinesauce videos.

I had to install a ceiling fan, because even with the normal air conditioner on at night , it feels like I’m melting. I turn it on full blast before going to sleep. It also works as a white noise machine since it blocks out all background noises. I just have to make sure there’s no paper around my room before I go to sleep though ( crackling paper and the swish noise they make keeps me up). Also no light.

Sometimes if I’m really tired though, I randomly fall asleep if I’m laying on the bed. Of coarse then I wake up in the middle of the night disoriented with all the lights and tv on and I just have to turn everything off and go back to sleep.

Voted other because I'm a mix of things. I love having the fan on, hot or cold. I also love having either the TV on or streaming music while I sleep, not sure why.

I can't sleep without a constant noise going on 99% of the time and it's ONLY because sudden other noises will wake me up. I used to use a plug-in fan for this, but then I got a white noise box. I like the white noise box because it's small and I can take it with me when I travel for hotels and such. I use this to block sudden noise. What I mean by sudden noises is really anything. Like I struggle to sleep with windows open even when it's nice outside because nocturnal things like crickets and frogs don't make their noises constantly, the sound of a car door surprises me awake, even the 5am morning chorus of birds drives me crazy. If the world was quieter it'd be less of an issue, but it's not.

I also need it to be dark. I don't get the people who sleep with a TV on, because the light from the TV would have me constantly waking up.

personally i always need a blanket no matter what, even if it’s steaming hot outside. not just one blanket either, im the type of person to stack like 7 thick blankets on top of each other. i don’t know why, but im always cold at night, like always. i like snuggling in the blankets and staying toasty, it puts my mind at ease. the rest of my family always thinks im going to suffocate though.
and tbh, im embarrassed to say, but i can’t do without blankets because the kid in me thinks that demon under my bed is going to pull me under. i don’t know why but whenever i take a blanket off any part of my body, especially my neck, there’s this weird feeling in my gut like im feeling stabbed there. it’s so odd, but it’s not like my blanket would protect if i really was in danger, i just always make this stuff up in my head. 😂

No noise and no light would be a start. I've known a few people that can get to sleep as soon as their head hits the pillow, but for me I just can't.

I usually listen to rain or nature sounds when I sleep. In the summer, I can sleep with the fan on and rain sounds. If I'm tired enough I can fall asleep in silence, but if I'm wide awake it doesn't work as well.

I prefer sleeping in silence with not much light on. I also like to sleep with big blankets that keep me warm during winter, and when it's summer, I like to keep the window open while sleeping to get some fresh air that's cool enough to help me fall asleep.

I can pretty much sleep with or without noise. As long as the noise is a fan, and not a clock ticking away loudly, its fine then lol

I have to have some kind of noise going on otherwise my anxiety can start messing with me some, so I always have a fan running in my room even in the winter and either my TV going or some ASMR on my phone.

I do leave the fan on, but not because I need some kind of background noise (I'd prefer if there's no noise at all), but because the nights are hot af in Singapore. Sometimes, I even have to run the AC just to sleep.

Sometimes though, I sleep upright while rested against a pillow on my back as I'm playing my Switch. lol Yeah, I do that quite a lot, sleeping while gaming or watching TV.

Phew. So when I was younger, I couldn't sleep without noise. I'd always keep the radio on so I could drift to sleep.
My circumstances has changed quite a bit and my misophonia has drastically gotten worse.. If I even hear breathing or shuffling for a long period of time- I can't sleep. I need to be sleeping in complete silence. I put earplugs into my ears almost every night.

Back