• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about vacations?

How do you feel about vacations?

• Total voters
Not to mention, you have to remember to pack everything which is something I struggle with. Plus, due to my ASD, I don’t like being out of my usual comfort zone, and whatnot
Don't forget having to use the bathroom, but you're miles away from a gas station. Which by the way, public bathrooms already SUCK, which can make long trips from home to vacation worse.

Don't forget having to use the bathroom, but you're miles away from a gas station. Which by the way, public bathrooms already SUCK, which can make long trips from home to vacation worse.
DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THAT! I don’t mind using public bathrooms, but I cannot stand the first part! -.-

Not to mention, depending on where you are on the road, the Wi-Fi can be extremely crappy or even out, which makes things even more boring when you’re on the road.

MOOOOOD, Public bathrooms usually depend, but most are freaking disgusting and awful.
This is also something I dread. I could be listening to music, then all of the sudden, no Wi-Fi. Complete BS.
Why are vacations, that are SUPPOSED to be relaxing, turn out like this...?

MOOOOOD, Public bathrooms usually depend, but most are freaking disgusting and awful.
This is also something I dread. I could be listening to music, then all of the sudden, no Wi-Fi. Complete BS.
Why are vacations, that are SUPPOSED to be relaxing, turn out like this...?
BOY, THAT’S WHAT I’M ASKING! to me vacations just cause a lot more bull crap then good stuff.

Not to mention sharing a room, and in worse cases, a bed.

BOY, THAT’S WHAT I’M ASKING! to me vacations just cause a lot more bull crap then good stuff.

Not to mention sharing a room, and in worse cases, a bed.
OMFG, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE SECOND ONE. I HAAAATE THIS. ESPECIALLY WHEN SHARING BEDS. It's so freaking uncomfortable too 💢💢💢

OMFG, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE SECOND ONE. I HAAAATE THIS. ESPECIALLY WHEN SHARING BEDS. It's so freaking uncomfortable too 💢💢💢
I don’t understand why people do this crap. There is fun stuff to do without going through all this rigmarole!! 💢

(no offense to anyone here who likes vacations, I’m just venting my frustration on them)

I don’t understand why people do this crap. There is fun stuff to do without going through all this rigmarole!! 💢

(no offense to anyone here who likes vacations, I’m just venting my frustration on them)
SAAAAME!!! I feel like vacations with family is what stresses me most. I'm actually curious how one with friends would be, just one that's very fun and we plan ahead. Don't have to worry about packing too much, just actually enjoy the time spent.

SAAAAME!!! I feel like vacations with family is what stresses me most. I'm actually curious how one with friends would be, just one that's very fun and we plan ahead. Don't have to worry about packing too much, just actually enjoy the time spent.
I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t mind trying to go on vacation with friends. There are probably still some stressful things that could apply, but I can imagine it being a lot better than family vacations. ^^

I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t mind trying to go on vacation with friends. There are probably still some stressful things that could apply, but I can imagine it being a lot better than family vacations. ^^
Agreed! I think it would actually be worth trying at least 2-3 times so we judge our experiences ^^
Family vacations can also be stressful because there's always somebody nagging at you for no reason. NTM, car trips...oh my god.

Agreed! I think it would actually be worth trying at least 2-3 times so we judge our experiences ^^
Family vacations can also be stressful because there's always somebody nagging at you for no reason. NTM, car trips...oh my god.
I've been there. I remember when me, my dad, my brother, and my mom (this was back when her and my dad were still together) went on a few annual Marble Falls trips in August 2016-2018 with my paternal grandparents, late uncle, and cousins. I can recall a coupe times where my parents nagged me. In 2017, I remember both of them nagging me about drinking too many sodas. LIKE COME ON, LET ME BE! WE'RE ON VACATION!

And then in 2018...I was going to go to the bathrooms across from the RV, but my mom got mad at me and forced me to use the one in the RV all because my dad was taking a nap. I was literally holding back tears.... ;-; It was DAYTIME too! My dad wanting to nap should not let me do what is more comfortable for me. The RV bathroom was ******* crowded! 💢💢💢

I've been there. I remember when me, my dad, my brother, and my mom (this was back when her and my dad were still together) went on a few annual Marble Falls trips in August 2016-2018 with my paternal grandparents, late uncle, and cousins. I can recall a coupe times where my parents nagged me. In 2017, I remember both of them nagging me about drinking too many sodas. LIKE COME ON, LET ME BE! WE'RE ON VACATION!

And then in 2018...I was going to go to the bathrooms across from the RV, but my mom got mad at me and forced me to use the one in the RV all because my dad was taking a nap. I was literally holding back tears.... ;-; It was DAYTIME too! My dad wanting to nap should not let me do what is more comfortable for me. The RV bathroom was ******* crowded! 💢💢💢
I freaking hate nagging, for goodness sake, leave us be. Also, the soda can thing? Why would they complain about that? Refreshments are a thing in vacations, they should've left you be.
Also, I'm sorry about your mom getting upset with you that time ;_;, I probably would've held tears back myself. During daytime too, freaking wow! -.-

I freaking hate nagging, for goodness sake, leave us be. Also, the soda can thing? Why would they complain about that? Refreshments are a thing in vacations, they should've left you be.
Also, I'm sorry about your mom getting upset with you that time ;_;, I probably would've held tears back myself. During daytime too, freaking wow! -.-
1. EXACTLY! YOU KNOW I LOVE MY SODA!
2. Awwww it's fine, it's not your fault, but thank you! <33333 🫂🫂🫂💕💕💕💙💙💙

And exactly. I am not saying my dad cannot take a nap, but it should not stop us from doing stuff...especially during the DAY! -.-

1. EXACTLY! YOU KNOW I LOVE MY SODA!
2. Awwww it's fine, it's not your fault, but thank you! <33333 🫂🫂🫂💕💕💕💙💙💙

And exactly. I am not saying my dad cannot take a nap, but it should not stop us from doing stuff...especially during the DAY! -.-
1- MOOOOOD, plus they're cold too. Good for hot and humid vacations.
2- Of course 🩵🩷🩵🩷
During the day is BS, that's a timewaste. I dealt with it too, not fun.

1. Take notes, parents. 🥤🥤🥤
2. TBH, I do not think my dad is wired for vacations. He is a very laid-back guy and is tired a lot (probably from work). He's even claimed to be a homebody Yet, he still likes to go on vacations. I really hope the California one never happens (or just him and my brother goes)...my dad wants to force me to go, even though he knows damn-well how much I hate really long road trips. It's hilarious how he claims to be a homebody, but wants to drag me half way across the country against my will. My dad should save his vacation time (as in getting days off from work), energy, etc. for sporting events with my brother...we would all be happier

My grandparents are also having us go on annual trips with them. Luckily, they are not as extreme as the California one my dad has planned, but I am still skeptical...

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but they can be ignorant and inconsiderate when it comes to some stuff. .____.

1. Take notes, parents. 🥤🥤🥤
2. TBH, I do not think my dad is wired for vacations. He is a very laid-back guy and is tired a lot (probably from work). He's even claimed to be a homebody Yet, he still likes to go on vacations. I really hope the California one never happens (or just him and my brother goes)...my dad wants to force me to go, even though he knows damn-well how much I hate really long road trips. It's hilarious how he claims to be a homebody, but wants to drag me half way across the country against my will. My dad should save his vacation time (as in getting days off from work), energy, etc. for sporting events with my brother...we would all be happier

My grandparents are also having us go on annual trips with them. Luckily, they are not as extreme as the California one my dad has planned, but I am still skeptical...

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but they can be ignorant and inconsiderate when it comes to some stuff. .____.
Honestly, if he's more of a homebody...why the vacations? He should just relax as you said. Also, if he forces you to go, he maaay be a hypocrite.

Honestly, if he's more of a homebody...why the vacations? He should just relax as you said. Also, if he forces you to go, he maaay be a hypocrite.
That's what I'm askin'!

I can understand that a part of it is because he feels forced by his mom to go on the annual ones with her and step-dad, but the California one does NOT fall under that! .__.

That's what I'm askin'!

I can understand that a part of it is because he feels forced by his mom to go on the annual ones with her and step-dad, but the California one does NOT fall under that! .__.
Good god, I don't know why he takes vacations then (NOT counting his mom). Sounds like contradictory.

Good god, I don't know why he takes vacations then (NOT counting his mom). Sounds like contradictory.
exactly.

As for my grandma/his mom forcing annual vacations, I can understand her wanting to spend time with us, but why does it have to be so complicated? We can always just go to a restaurant (like we are doing tomorrow, as a matter fact), the arcade, or over to her house in the Summer to cook out and swim.

it can be quite stressful - having been the planner for my last few vacations - to arrange the travel logistics and figure things out when they don't work out the way we want them to. I still love vacations very much though! I'm always thinking about my next one and researching places to visit and foods to try.

Back