• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about doing phone calls?

I’m fine with phone calls 90% of the time but I hate phone calls where I have to “fix” an issue (i.e. like with insurance or utility company) they just take soooo long and you end up having to call back most of the time

it also worries me when someone I know calls me (aside from my mom) since people usually call rather than text if it’s something urgent or very important

it depends on who i'm talking to.

if i'm talking to something like customer service: not a problem.

if i'm talking to someone i know like a relative over the phone: sort of awkward just bc they're so happy to talk to me and i can't really match that energy with my voice alone. i would prefer to facetime/video call them, ik it's weird.

I get a teeny amount of anxiety when making the call (what if I called the wrong number, what if someone else answers, what if I called at a bad time, etc.), but once the conversation actually starts I'm good.

i'm pretty okay with phone calls. i much prefer in person if possible if i'm catching up with my friends or something. for important things if there's not enough time to meet in person, phone calls are necessary since texts can't always convey what u need to say. i get pretty annoyed when i have to call customer service since that means something went wrong but it's whatever. i do use the chat feature whenever it's available to me tho if i can help it to avoid calling in and waiting on hold to speak to a person!

If I'm in work and need to contact any suppliers, check on an order or generally raise any issues with anyone I can make calls no problem, probably cause I know it needs doing and I don't really give myself time to think about it too much.
When it comes to actually making calls for myself, like the doctors or something, I'm awful - just have a habit of constantly putting it off and then getting more anxious about it, even if I know there isn't really anything to worry about I'm just more comfortable dealing with those things in person.

For organising anything, work, etc, they’re totally fine. The only annoyance is if the connection is bad. Not much sucks quite as much as a spotty connection when doing a phone appointment or trying to arrange a new appointment.

For hanging out with friends I’d rather be on Discord to expand it to more people… or hang out irl if we could.

My anti socialness prevents me from answering them otherwise if people really need to get to me, just send me a quick dm and i answer quickly right back.

Back