• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about vacations?

How do you feel about vacations?

• Total voters
I've basically been on a two-month vacation, ever since I moved.

I've been trying to find a job, though.

Overall I do like vacations and I know that as soon as I find a job, I'm going to want to go on a vacation.

I really enjoy vacations, love adventures, sightseeing and exploring new places but I’m also a big homebody so I couldn’t take a long vacation - generally a few days to a week, perhaps 2 weeks if it was long distance, but I soon get homesick so it’s finding the right balanc.

I’m always down for a vacation, I love being able to just get away and not have to think about anything else but enjoying myself somewhere new.

I love to travel!! It can be stressful though, I spend a lot of time worrying about my cat at home.

I enjoy them, it’s nice to explore other places! This year I’ve been to Krakow and Oludeniz in Turkey and both were gorgeous places to visit ❤️

vacations are great ! they can be really refreshing and relaxing

I love vacations, any time off work is a good thing. I just got back from a vacation and I’m ready for another

love paid time off, planning for it kinda sucks tho ngl

I love them! Travelling is one of my big interests/hobbies so I've usually always got one planned! I'm a student so currently have a lot of time for holidays. Last year I went to Belgium. This year I went to Germany and Japan, and next month will be visiting Austria too 🙂 Next year I've got plans to visit Singapore + Malaysia,,

I like trying the food, sightseeing, and all the new experiences. I even love being in the airport, idk I just really like the transient nature of it, and how exciting it feels. I'm lucky to have the time and money to travel. My goal is to visit every continent on earth one day, but so far I've only been to Europe and Asia haha 😅

Well, a key part of vacations is being able to do what you want! And for those of us who have to work, it's being away from work responsibilities! (which is tough in this age of interconnectedness and technology)
I'm currently vacationing (for the first time in a long time), and it's fantastic because I'm in-between jobs and don't really have many responsibilities. (But I'm still am occasionally getting work emails from both my old employer and my future employer)
I do tend to enjoy adventure-y vacations. Not extreme sports or anything, but ones where you explore local cultures, do some light hikes, taste all the local food, etc. I know some people would like to just sit on a beach and get some sun, but I sort of hate sunburns and bug bites, so if I can avoid those things, it's great;) I also don't really care much for being waited on hand and foot. Of course, some basic hospitality is helpful. But I'm travelling with some people right now who are trying to stay in 5 star resorts (mind you, we're in SE Asia, so our dollars go a long way here), and it's honestly a little weird having service staff watching your every move. 👀

i like vacations. :] it’s nice to relax for a little while, and we usually go to a house with a pool since we don’t have one at home, so i get to go swimming!!

the only 2 things i don’t like about vacations are:

1.) i can barely get any sleep. either the beds are uncomfortable, or i‘m sharing a room with someone else. i stay up later than all of my family, so if i’m in another room and i have to go into the room someone else is sleeping in, i’ll end up just not going to sleep because i don’t want to disturb them.

2.) i always end up missing my pets… we always have someone take care of them, but i’m just really close to my cat, felicity :[ she sleeps next to me every night, and she howls outside the door if she‘s not in the same room with me, so i just get upset thinking about how she‘s doing without me.

There’s no such thing as vacations when you have children, it’s just parenting in a different place, change my mind.

I like the idea of vacations, but the practicality is just nonexistent.

I really hate vacations, no matter where they are. I have autism, so any strong changes in things like my environment or schedule REALLY mess with me. That along with the stress of waking up everyday with tons to do, and things changing so rapidly and very sudden changes in diet. It's a nightmare.

I like going away but the problem I have is I usually visit my aunt in California with my dad and they really don’t like to go to museums and the such and I’m mostly stuck inside my aunt’s house. My mom’s brother does live in the next city over and I sometimes go out with him for the day if he is available. I really enjoy going over to Taiwan but two out of the three times I had gone over there were with my dad which isn’t such a bad thing as his friends took us to some nice restaurants and landmarks. But I also had to keep up with them and they mostly spoke to each other in Taiwanese which I am not very fluent in. The last time I went by myself and I enjoyed the trip a bit more because I could look around at my own pace and see the things that I wanted to see including this really cool national museum full of art and historical displays. I also got some Amiibos that are harder to find in the US including a single pack Game and Watch. At some point I’m going to tape on a picture of Paper Mario to one of the figures to make a Paper Mario Amiibo without needing to paint over the original and decreasing the value.

Ideal vacation for me is relaxing at home. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing new places, but my burnout from work comes mainly from not being able to sleep in day to day and not being able to enjoy time at home doing what I like to do and not being able to spend time with my dog.

I'm a bit of a homebody, and very much an indoorsy person. So I am in my happy place at home in my room. Nevertheless, a year ago I did take a vacation to Boulder, Colorado and got to stay out in the mountains. It was nice, much more outdoorsy there than I could ever be at home. Of course, it's a different climate and there were less insects. Suffice to say, under certain circumstances I could enjoy a vacation out. But if I was going to somewhere hot and miserable like staying in my state or something like that I would hate it.

i don't travel often and that's mostly cause it stresses me out but i do love vacations! or to be more correct, i love staycations :blush: there's nothing like having a full day to myself with nothing planned and nothing to worry about. i feel like i can enter a total state of relaxation when i literally have nothing to do and can use my time however i want

I have mixed feelings, but I lean more to dislike. They can just get so stressful and annoying. Ironic how you're supposed to relax, yet go through a bunch of BS to prepare for something. Don't get me wrong, SOME can be fun, but still.

I have mixed feelings, but I lean more to dislike. They can just get so stressful and annoying. Ironic how you're supposed to relax, yet go through a bunch of BS to prepare for something. Don't get me wrong, SOME can be fun, but still.
Not to mention, you have to remember to pack everything which is something I struggle with. Plus, due to my ASD, I don’t like being out of my usual comfort zone, and whatnot

Back