• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hair colour

I have strawberry blonde coloured hair, but I have never wanted to dye it. The closest I've come to changing hair colour was a can of coloured hairspray I bought one Halloween!

I highlight my hair blonde, instead of fully dyeing it blonde. My natural hair color is a dark brown, so it would be really expensive to retouch the roots every 2-3 weeks if I dyed it completely blonde. My hairdresser said highlighting it every couple of months instead would save me so much more money, which it does! And I look just fine c:

I've been wanting to experiment with colors, but I'm just.. kinda scared of bad reactions from family members. They threw a fit when I got my septum pierced, so imagine me coming home with pink hair.. T^T

I have naturally black hair and I've never dyed it before, but it sounds like it's be fun to dye the ends of my hair in the future! But I'm not bold enough to actually go through with it, let alone decide what color I'd want.

I have naturally dark hair but I bleached it 2x so I can dye it different colors

Currently in my purple era 💜

I've dyed my hair a lot of unnatural colors, my favorite was when i had it red or purple, though I also liked having it green and black.

I have brown hair naturally, I have some purple dye right now I've been planning on using for a while( I've never gotten it professionally done) but I've been too busy to take the time to do it.

I've dyed my hair a lot of unnatural colors, my favorite was when i had it red or purple, though I also liked having it green and black.

I have brown hair naturally, I have some purple dye right now I've been planning on using for a while( I've never gotten it professionally done) but I've been too busy to take the time to do it.
yesssss come back to the purple

I also do all the dyeing at home on my own ahaha

My hair is light brown with some grays lol

I don't dye my hair because I could never be bothered with maintenance

i naturally have dark hair and i only experimented once in high school when i got highlights
i didn’t bother with the maintenance and just let it grow out before i cut it all off so you can’t even tell anymore since it’s been so many years haha

i have dark brown hair, and I've never properly dyed it but always considered getting some kind of highlights. i also have considered dying it a subtle cherry red, but to a lesser degree! my pinterest board is stacked full of ideas

i've got dark blonde hair. not bleached or dyed it before. i wanted to bleach it completely to a dark green or a dark blue last year but changed my mind. maybe blonde with different shades of green patches?? i like my natural hair colour a lot though heh

i love unnatural hair colours but it’s so hard to maintain… i’d love to dye my hair pink (again) but i just grew it out :<

i have dark brown hair and i’ve never dyed it before. i remember my sister dyeing her hair red one and only time and while it did look good, it took all year for it to wash out. i think hair chalk might be fun to try. i’m still experimenting with haircuts though, so i’m not in a rush.

My hair is naturally kind of a light brown! When I was in my teens I dyed it quite a bit—I had hot pink, blonde, purple, ocean blue, and finally did black before I got tired of it. The unnatural colors I did were all very vibrant just because that was all that was available to me at the time (even going to professionals ;; ), but really I wanted to do pastels. So I'm getting back into it!
First attempt was pastel pink + periwinkle, using Frosé and Periwinkle by Arctic FOX! My hair mostly bleaches to kind of a light golden blonde (around level 8 on most charts; just a smidge darker than Arctic FOX's light blonde, but way way lighter than their medium blonde examples) and I don't want to risk damaging it by pushing for platinum. I knew I wasn't going to get those super-saturated pastel results, but even so I don't think it takes to my hair very well at all actually. ;u; It came out inconsistent and notably less vibrant than expected, and I made sure to apply it very thoroughly and follow the instructions to a "t", even leaving it in longer than recommended for better results.
color-chart-4up_FROSE_withDisclaimer_1200x1200.png
periwinkle.jpg

For starters the periwinkle did not result in the expected pretty blue-greyish color for light blonde... it was more lichen green LMAO. 😭 I had to re-dye it with my leftover Frosé to save it, and thankfully came out with kind of a dusty greyish lavender. The Frosé on its own did a little better; a lot of it ranges between the expected shades for light and medium blonde (although moreso leaning towards the latter, even though my hair was a lot lighter than that), but for a lot of my hair it just kinda... tinted it? So I just kinda went from light blonde to strawberry blonde in a lot of places. ;u;
Overall I think it looks cute enough, but it's still not quite what I was hoping for; it came out looking more like blonde with some dusty pink/purple highlights?
When it starts to fade I'm gonna try Lunar Tide's Moonstone next! Their light blonde is very similar to my bleached hair color, and that's supposed to turn out a nice soft sky blue so... hopefully it'll go better! 🤞 Gonna get their Iris Purple too in case of another grey-green emergency, but hopefully it can just be my next color after the blue lol. ;v; If these work out better I might play around with bright and pastel colors for a little while, but if my hair just doesn't like lighter dyes, I think I'll jump straight to some very dark, near-black unnatural shades that I won't have to bleach my hair for.

Last edited:
I think different hair colors are fun on other people, but I've never altered my own hair color even once. I have something of an aversion to the idea of body modifications when it comes to my own body. I've never painted my nails, I don't wear makeup, I have no piercings or tattoos, and my hair has stayed a plain medium brown since I was born. The way I dress and cut my hair definitely bucks stereotypes, but I've always liked my brown hair color the way it is.

I color my hair frequently!! I'm naturally black-haired but I love bleaching parts of my hair and coloring them some warm colors (pink, red, orange) ;w; I've been told my hair is strong bc it can stand multiple bleaches without frizzing too much or having split ends, but tbh I think good haircare is part of why my hair feels okay even after multiple bleaches! Never got split ends again after I had the habit of not bathing my hair daily to rack up natural oils, using conditioner every time I do wash my hair, and applying coconut oil on the ends afterwards so my hair doesn't frizz badly once it's dry. c:

I recently bleached and colored my hair two months ago for my graduation shoot!!

1000011537.jpg

Hair recolors are cool. I stick with my natural one though, it’s better for its health.

I’m a brunette, but it’s so dark that in photos people mistake it for black sometimes.

I'm a natural blonde/ash blonde. I've only changed my hair color once and it was only w/ that cheap spray stuff. It was black, for Halloween, so I could cosplay as one of my OCs(very nerdy, I know). After that, I washed it out and have kept it natural since.

my natural colour is a very dark brown/almost black but i usually have the under part dyed a fun colour. my last colour was a dark blue that i let wash and grow out, it ended up being kind of a green colour. i'm bleaching it right now though (pls pray for my scalp lol) and once it's processed and washed, i'm gonna throw some purpleish-blue dye on it!

Back