• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

thoughts on thoughts? šŸ’­

I wish I had less of them, Iā€™m tired of thinking. Iā€™m a ā€œno thoughts, head emptyā€ soul trapped inside of a ā€œmany thoughts, head hurtsā€ body šŸ˜”

Itā€™s so fascinating to me that some people donā€™t have an internal dialogue! I always have. Iā€™ve always heard my thoughts rather than seen them, unless Iā€™m thinking about something like a memory or what something looks like, in which case Iā€™ll think about it visually rather than vocally. My inner dialogue has always just been my own voice, except itā€™s my voice the way it sounds to me, not the way it sounds to other people.

Sheā€™s pretty much always yapping in there unless Iā€™m watching something or listening to music, then sheā€™s replaced by the dialogue/lyrics Iā€™m listening to, in the actorā€™s/singerā€™s voice. Thatā€™s part of the reason why I canā€™t write when Iā€™m watching/listening to something, because the dialogue/lyrics will start overlapping with my thoughts. But even when Iā€™m not watching something or listening to music, sometimes a song will just start playing in there, anyways. Itā€™s pretty much never quiet in my brain LOL

The voice I have in my head is not mine, and it varies by day. Sometimes it's a characters voice and sometimes it's similar to mine but not mine. It do be goin crazy tho, my mind is almost never blank bc my inner dialogue does not know how to stfu

i have none. its empty as a shopping center up here sometimes. fr though, i used to have an inner voice/monologue kinda narrating my actions and thoughts but then i got depression and that voice is just gone/ silenced. i wonder what itd look like if i took an mri or brain wave test, maybe my brain is subconsciously doing all the work for me and leaving my active conscience with nothing to process. in that case, thanks brain šŸ’“

It's hard to imagine NOT having one ... like when I'm thinking of what to type, I'm speaking all of this in my head as I think of it. When someone without an "internal monologue" is preparing to write something or ask a question, can they not imagine what the words will sound like? Do they see the words in their head instead?

I never thought about this, but I'm intrigued. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what an internal monologue is?

Back