• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Group Mission: Design Our Flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapples

sincerely
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
5934-9073-6701
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
👾 Greetings International Space Cetaceans!

Now that we've agreed on a fitting name for our Space Whale friendly quarters, we'll need a flag to hang on the ship!

To submit a flag design, post in this thread with your design, following the Flag Submission Guidelines below.

To vote on a flag design, simply leave a reaction on the flag designs that you like. The design with the most reactions will become our quarters' flag; however, the captains of The Lopez will make a decision if needed (e.g. in the case of ties).

🌌 Flag Submission Guidelines

• Entries may be hand-drawn or digitally drawn
  • Your submitted design must have an aspect ratio of 2:3 (e.g.: if the height is 400 pixels, the width should be 600 pixels)
  • Your submission must be your own work.
  • A reasonable amount of effort must be put into your creation. Those that appear rushed or submitted jokingly will not be accepted
  • Keep your creation appropriate for a PG-13 audience
This activity ends Friday, July 28th at 6 PM EDT

🌌 Prizes

• Participation: 10 mission tokens
  • Winning Flag: An additional 10 mission tokens

Yess I was waiting for this. I knew what I wanted to do pretty early on. I think this is like the 30th Star Fragment I’ve drawn this week haha.

Royal purple, royal trim, ‘cause we’re gonna rule in the end

Also, three little twinkles to symbolise us originally being crew 3.

I could say more about ideas I had while drawing the flag but I’ll let it speak for itself now :)

34376953-1D02-42DA-A7A7-B6A087789418.jpg

Should fit the ratio (natively 1680x1120), but if it doesn’t let me know and I’ll edit something asap.

Layer modes are a boon

Here's my flag! I had so much fun with this even though I was pretty insecure at times since designing isn't my forté. I was sending WIPs to my designer and non-designer friends alike for feedback because I was so unsure of myself. 😅 I probably had at least 20 sketches before I came up with a solid design but let's not talk about that.

I wanted to go for a really clean look and I gotta say, the lineart for this was the bane of my existence, but I was pretty happy with how clean and crisp I managed to make the linework. I designed a narwhal based off of the space whale plush collectible since @S.J. chose our team colour, which I believe she colour picked from the space whale plush, and of course, named the hue "Space Whale Purple." It only felt right to design a whale or porpoise of some sort based off of our colour and name! The lighter purple in the background is our exact shade of purple which I wanted to make work somewhere in the design. :>
The constellation on the narwhal is a slightly varied version of the cetus (aka whale) constellation, because I thought it was subtle yet fitting for the theme, and a call back to @JemAC 's name suggestion, Cetus Celestials.

I barely had time to work on a flag for the 2021 fair, so I really wanted to put a lot of thought and care into this year's flag. Although it's not perfect, I had a lot of fun with it! 🥺💜

1690297856124.png

Edit: Sorry I missed a star on the constellation 😭

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_3468.jpeg

I love the word play of our team name and wanted to stick to the nerdy theme 🚀

I associate the International Space Station with Nasa, so my flag is an homage to the Nasa logo. I replaced the constellations found on the Nasa logo with the Cetus (whale) constellation to fit our theme. The flag colour is the exact hex code of our cabin colour (in a slight gradient).

I typically create cute and kinda cluttered art, so it was a fun challenge having to stick to a certain simplicity and sleekness that often is missing in my pieces. Getting the red chevron to look like a whale but not lose it's signature shape was really fun to figure out. Colouring this was kinda a headache, because I initially didn't want to use the Nasa palette but something more in the purple-yellow-blue realm. For the sake of recognition value I ended up going back to the OG colours though.

I love the word play of our team name and wanted to stick to the nerdy theme 🚀

I associate the International Space Station with Nasa, so my flag is an homage to the Nasa logo. I replaced the constellations found on the Nasa logo with the Cetus (whale) constellation to fit our theme. The flag colour is the exact hex code of our cabin colour (in a slight gradient).

I typically create cute and kinda cluttered art, so it was a fun challenge having to stick to a certain simplicity and sleekness that often is missing in my pieces. Getting the red chevron to look like a whale but not lose it's signature shape was really fun to figure out. Colouring this was kinda a headache, because I initially didn't want to use the Nasa palette but something more in the purple-yellow-blue realm. For the sake of recognition value I ended up going back to the OG colours though.

that-hot-thats-hot.gif

i wasnt super vibing with the space whale aesthetic until i saw these entries and now im in love 😭😭😭
This is why art is so amazing to me; it lets you see beauty in places you never expected, and I respect / worship the artists that can communicate well.

I am so in love with the entries already, and I'm looking at my sketch in dismay... I said it on discord, but I'll say it here again: this team is stacked with incredibly talented artists!

I tried my best with the digital art and I think I improved somewhat. I think its the right pixeIs and dimensions but if not I can change it. I hope everyone likes my version of a space whale flag!

Snek's whaleflagentry.png

Just here to collect some participation points.
Untitled.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure how that "Top" link got in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back