• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎨Dunquixote’s Art Gallery🖼

MA’AM THIS IS INCREDIBLE WHAT 😭. i literally can’t get over all of the details omg, and the shading is absolutely incredible!!! you really have improved so much from when you first started, but your art has always been lovely. this is definitely one of my favourite artworks that you’ve created, though! 💜

Thanks so much Xara 🥺💜🙏. That means so much to me. I am so glad that you like it. I still don’t know how to properly shade but i am trying as i go and will eventually look it up. just experimenting here and there :).

The amount of detail in your most recent piece is amazing! I can see just how much youve improved and I especially like how you coloured and shaded it!! Fabulous job 👏🏼👏🏼

The amount of detail in your most recent piece is amazing! I can see just how much youve improved and I especially like how you coloured and shaded it!! Fabulous job 👏🏼👏🏼

Thank you so much 💜🙏! I am extremely grateful for your feedback and that you took the time to look at my art ☺️. It means incredibly a lot 😊. I’ve been unsure about my progress so thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂 and everyone else.

Here are my drawings that I submitted for the camping event:

517FBF38-2B79-4AC6-A46C-FBF38E86AB46.jpeg

I tried to draw Zoro a little like the Don’t Starve Characters. I drew the cabin and trees by using refs from the game :).

EFCCCAF3-18BA-46BD-B12E-D2C0AC991BBD.jpeg

I drew the Queen Alexandra Butterfly. I had no confidence in my ability to draw a bug or butterfly, yet in the end, I was really happy with how it turned out.

B27CD27E-B385-4187-9845-F001D28F3E06.jpeg

0158EFEC-05AA-4AE1-8EAE-AFB6447FA696.jpeg

I experimented a lot with my postcard. At the beginning of the event, I got Don’t Starve vibes from the banter, so when I saw this activity and what we had to do, I decided to try to draw similar to the style used for Don’t Starve. @kiwikenobi ’s profile pic may have also inspired me 🙂. Seeing Wilson always makes me think of the game - both my struggles and fun ☺. I thought the camping theme was so fitting for Don’t Starve references 🙂.

The character you see is my rep as Hubert (or you can see it as Hubert in summer attire) :). In the background on the right is zipper and on the left is kapp’n.

I made this postcard out to @NefariousKing . I really wanted to say more, but I tried to make it relatively short and sweet.

48EEDB57-BA0E-48BE-9458-E6D934A6F56E.jpeg

I originally wasn’t going to include a background but I saw a really gorgeous picture and decided to give the background a try. Did not draw the pupil for the fish to give it a little Don’t Starve look.

I chose to draw the Ocean Sunfish since it reminded me of the fun times with @Pyoopi Nef & @Mick

such as this
71CE1CD9-F1D3-452B-B3B6-AA61668F0A5F.jpeg

18CEBD4B-3C0F-443A-A73A-FB299D52DDD7.jpeg

This was an experiment to try the Cuphead style out. The person is Hubert. I had plans to draw Pooh which is why I had decided to make. Honey Jar boss, but I forgot due to being exhausted from that day’s events (was at my sister’s for one of my niece’s birthday party and the car ride home).
E298276D-DFCE-41FF-ADF2-59E20B3C1BCB.jpeg

That is @Chris discovering the Pooh bear getting into the staff’s supply of honey. I hope you didn’t mind me drawing the back of your rep. :)

Will add the references that I used later and over time if I don’t get it done today. :) Got to do some digging for some of the refs.

Animal Crossing
Kapp’n
Zipper T. Bunny

Don’t Starve

E8434DB6-B039-44AE-A129-83A05CF6A90F.jpg

camp.png

Beefalo
Catcoon
Evergreens
Hound
Town House

Kikwis
Koroks

Ocean Sunfish
picture
6A97006C-29FE-4AA6-9723-ABEBE675D63A.jpeg

Queen Alexandra’s Butterfly
99DA6DB8-85D2-43FC-9A8D-06FDA343CE7E.jpeg

Sothis
97EC943F-0F25-465D-B634-4ADC61CEEC5B.jpeg
442ECA85-67CF-4636-886F-C6D8C94AE9C8.jpeg
590F3071-7D3A-4D05-9C7E-139548DAD302.jpeg
301BE778-2672-42E8-8C91-4AC298D3E73D.jpeg

Zoro
D541F18B-341B-421B-8F91-EA26F6515ADB.jpeg

Last edited:
Dun, I'm always amazed by your creativity and all the time and effort you put into your pieces! I think I mentioned this to you, but in case I didn't, I want you to know that you were what inspired to do most of my art pieces for the event traditionally. I am very grateful to you for that because you really opened my eyes to the struggles of traditional art and I was "forced" to view art in a new perspective. Ofc both digital art and traditional both have their own challenges, but not being able to easily "delete" something and redraw it, was definitely a pain lol I have nothing but respect towards people who do traditional art <3

I hope you continue to challenge yourself and keep growing as an artist, your creativity is something I always look forward to seeing every time you post a new piece! Good luck with your art journey my friend! 💙

Hey I was browsing the other threads for the cabins earlier today and yesterday and I came across a lot of your works. I figured you would had updated them into your art thread, and I was right, so I thought it'd be best to comment about them here.

You really did amazing with the bug and fish challenge! You can definitely see that you keeping at it has greatly improved your works. I actually forgot to check out your postcard. But I'm glad you put it here. I like the dark colors you used to give it a gloomy atmosphere. I don't know who the little creatures are on the back of the card, but I like their designs to! The one looks like a cross between a monkey and wildebeest. And I mean that as it's a good thing, because they have a unique design.

I agree with Xeleron, I like your creativity and imagination. Good job, you should be proud of what you did!

Dun, I'm always amazed by your creativity and all the time and effort you put into your pieces! I think I mentioned this to you, but in case I didn't, I want you to know that you were what inspired to do most of my art pieces for the event traditionally. I am very grateful to you for that because you really opened my eyes to the struggles of traditional art and I was "forced" to view art in a new perspective. Ofc both digital art and traditional both have their own challenges, but not being able to easily "delete" something and redraw it, was definitely a pain lol I have nothing but respect towards people who do traditional art <3

I hope you continue to challenge yourself and keep growing as an artist, your creativity is something I always look forward to seeing every time you post a new piece! Good luck with your art journey my friend! 💙

Hey I was browsing the other threads for the cabins earlier today and yesterday and I came across a lot of your works. I figured you would had updated them into your art thread, and I was right, so I thought it'd be best to comment about them here.

You really did amazing with the bug and fish challenge! You can definitely see that you keeping at it has greatly improved your works. I actually forgot to check out your postcard. But I'm glad you put it here. I like the dark colors you used to give it a gloomy atmosphere. I don't know who the little creatures are on the back of the card, but I like their designs to! The one looks like a cross between a monkey and wildebeest. And I mean that as it's a good thing, because they have a unique design.

I agree with Xeleron, I like your creativity and imagination. Good job, you should be proud of what you did!

Thank you so much both of you! 🙏💜 and for taking a look. I appreciate the feedback and encouragement so much. I was experimenting a lot with the postcard and the ocean sunfish; backgrounds are way out of my comfort zone as well as shading since I haven’t looked up any proper guides how to shade. So it is really good to know that I am on the right track:).

Xeleron i am speechless. That is really kind of you to say and I am really flattered 🥺.

The Duke: That makes me really happy to hear you like my imagination and creativity and rhat you can tell I’m improving ☺️. Tysm and again for taking the time to reply. I am glad you liked the creatures on the back. Those were last minute additions. I didn’t plan the back very well honestly and made a mess when I had to undo what I wrote since I failed to remember to keep it short and sweet. I’m glad to hear they turned out okay :).

Here are some drawings I did before the camping event.

6DA3001C-83EB-49E9-A56A-383883CF343F.jpeg

CDA40D54-0B34-4E54-9287-360127E3C3D6.jpeg

Made this for @jadetine when she was having a down day. The story behind this is one day on discord, @Pyoopi @Nefarious & I were discussing some pocket camp furniture, one being a hot dog van. I’m not going into the specifics but, let’s just say the conversation made me want to put Nef in a hot dog van 😅😋. Next to Nef is @Roxxy. The sign says “You art is fantastic!” I put that on the sign as a confidence booster and cuz her art is incredible! ☺️

Diversity Day drawing for my friend, @moo_nieu

ED27DD86-A143-4E94-B4B8-BD34019E72AE.jpeg

This was a thank you for the beautiful and adorable drawing that @moo_nieu surprised me with. I still don’t think I did her rep justice; hopefully I’ll get better at drawing people so I can eventually do a better drawing for her and for other friends :).

This is what I drew for @LittleMissPanda ’s birthday. ☺️

A303CBEC-E1F5-491A-A148-7C87CEFBB434.jpeg

This was for @kiwikenobi; I drew the Beanball Croquettes from FFXV.

C96A6B74-678E-4ADE-9E87-7F4E79E3A322.jpeg

Since I used only one reference for this, will just post it here:
vI5Py4V.jpg

Will add them eventually if I can dig them up.

Here are some drawings I did before the camping event.

View attachment 400250

Made this for @jadetine when she was having a down day. The story behind this is one day on discord, @Pyoopi @Nefarious & I were discussing some pocket camp furniture, one being a hot dog van. I’m not going into the specifics but, let’s just say the conversation made me want to put Nef in a hot dog van 😅😋. Next to Nef is @Roxxy. The sign says “You art is fantastic!” I put that on the sign as a confidence booster and cuz her art is incredible! ☺

Diversity Day drawing for my friend, @moo_nieu

View attachment 400252
This was a thank you for the beautiful and adorable drawing that @moo_nieu surprised me with. I still don’t think I did her rep justice; hopefully I’ll get better at drawing people so I can eventually do a better drawing for her and for other friends :).

This is what I drew for @LittleMissPanda ’s birthday. ☺

View attachment 400253

This was for @kiwikenobi; I drew the Beanball Croquettes from FFXV.

View attachment 400254

Since I used only one reference for this, will just post it here:
vI5Py4V.jpg

Will add them eventually if I can dig them up.
Awww, moo_nieu looks so cute! And I loooove the pic you drew for Panda's birthday. 🥰

And one more time I will tell you that the croquettes you drew look amazing. Honestly, just, wow! 😭 You are so talented! 🥰😍

Awww, moo_nieu looks so cute! And I loooove the pic you drew for Panda's birthday. 🥰

And one more time I will tell you that the croquettes you drew look amazing. Honestly, just, wow! 😭 You are so talented! 🥰😍

Thanks so much! ☺️ You are too kind; I appreciate it though 💜. My human characters look so flat to me :/. I am hopeful that I can improve at drawing them and eventually do some backgrounds as well. I may look into getting proper drawing pencils and erasers for christmas and whatever else I need; will need more prisma pencils too since my pencils (especially the black and white ones) are getting pretty short 😅.

Here is the Tamagotchi I designed for @Princess Mipha ’s contest ☺; line art is not mine. I based mine off of Chopper from One Piece. in the background you see the Thousand sunny, his wanted posted, a flag from his backstory. In front is cotton candy, his favorite snack ☺. I may eventually re-draw part of this without the Tamagotchi line art. I had a whole lot of fun designing this; I honestly wasn’t confident about how this would turn out.

F2F76CDF-CE81-4218-AEA8-99DC932C922A.jpeg

Here is the drawing I did for @Shellzilla_515 for Draw the User Above you.

7F60730D-2F9B-435E-B7CD-B094BB8A3337.jpeg

Tamagotchi Refs:

will post when I get time

Refs for my Draw the User Above You drawing

images

Clouds
Ditto
Pokemart
Politoed
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath 1 2
Smeargle
Waves 2

Last edited:
Here is the Tamagotchi I designed for @Princess Mipha ’s contest ☺; line art is not mine. I based mine off of Chopper from One Piece. in the background you see the Thousand sunny, his wanted posted, a flag from his backstory. In front is cotton candy, his favorite snack ☺. I may eventually re-draw part of this without the Tamagotchi line art. I had a whole lot of fun designing this; I honestly wasn’t confident about how this would turn out.

Tamagotchi Refs:

images

Clouds
Ditto
Pokemart
Politoed
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath 1 2
Smeargle
Waves 2

Aaaaah, these are both amazing! I love that you drew Shellzilla with full Poliwag evolution! 🥰🥰

Tamagotchi Refs:

images

Clouds
Ditto
Pokemart
Politoed
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath 1 2
Smeargle
Waves 2

The way you posed my AC character made me laugh. He's just straight up having a good time. I like the details in the background and other evolution stages of Poliwag. The way you've drawn me and Poliwag, it almost looks like I'm bouncing it like a ball LOL. As a person who struggles to get it right, especially on digital art, the shading on both of your art is pretty competent! Do you have any tips for shading?

I want to say thank you for doing the request in "Draw the User Above You" thread. I wake up in the morning and I see this. 😊

The way you posed my AC character made me laugh. He's just straight up having a good time. I like the details in the background and other evolution stages of Poliwag. The way you've drawn me and Poliwag, it almost looks like I'm bouncing it like a ball LOL. As a person who struggles to get it right, especially on digital art, the shading on both of your art is pretty competent! Do you have any tips for shading?

I want to say thank you for doing the request in "Draw the User Above You" thread. I wake up in the morning and I see this. 😊

Thanks so much! 💜I’m so glad you like it ☺️.

I have honestly been just winging it with shading 😅; I haven’t looked up any guides yet to learn how to properly shade. What I have been doing is pretty much trying to illustrate everything exactly how I see it by mixing a lot of colors. I sometimes use black and the base color or a darker color of the color I’m using to shade, or both depending on what it is and what I’m trying to do. And I also use the white a lot to help blend or lighten/soften the color a bit.

Sorry if that doesn’t help you. I’m still trying to figure it out myself. 😅.One of these days, I’ll look for a guide or if i really have to, a video about shading properly

Here is my entry for @your local goomy ’s art contest: I drew Munna, one of her Pokemon OCs and three of Munna’s Pokemon.

The colored pencils smeared when I was coloring her eyes and when coloring what was going to be the sky, I didn’t like how it was turning out, so it ended up being a lake. I think I may have overdid the shadows.

EFC43BBE-FB04-45AF-A78A-56BE20F13B9F.jpeg

Background
Eevee
Lavender
Pokemon Egg
Shaymin
Sylveon - 2 & also the image in the pokedex books (I used X & Y’s book).
Watering Can
Vaporeon

Last edited:
Here is my entry for @your local goomy ’s art contest: I drew Munna, one of her Pokemon OCs and three of Munna’s Pokemon.

The colored pencils smeared when I was coloring her eyes and when coloring what was going to be the sky, I didn’t like how it was turning out, so it ended up being a lake. I think I may have overdid the shadows.

View attachment 402721

Background
Lavender
Vaporeon

will add the rest of the refs later when I have time; I know I still have to list the refs for my other drawings too.

AAAH YOU FINALLY FINISHED!! this is so breathtaking, dun!! 😍🧡

View attachment 402721

Background
Lavender
Vaporeon

will add the rest of the refs later when I have time; I know I still have to list the refs for my other drawings too.
Oh my gosh Dun, it's absolutely gorgeous. Just so beautiful! That vaporean looks incredible. 🥺🥰💕❤ I love the colours you've used. So beautiful! 😍

I also want that adorable watering can!

I just keep looking at it and editing my post! Look at that grass colouring! 😍

Back