• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda's Art Gallery (and Awakening)

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
There was never a day where I imagined myself drawing, or making a thread here about it. I always told myself that I sucked at drawing and that I'm better off writing fanfiction for the rest of my life, but today was the day where all that changed...
I'm giving all the credit to Dav Pilkey. Lately I've been reading Dog Man (you may or may not have seen me talk about it here on the forum), and the art style is just so simple, it actually encouraged me to draw some of the characters.
So I welcome you to my little art gallery of mine. I will start off with the Dog Man art I made, since it's the very thing that caused me to do this in the first place. :]
1648421417639.png

This is Petey, my favorite Dog Man character. This was the first drawing I made for the series, and of course I had to draw him. I think it looks very nice! (Fun fact: The reason that he only has two whiskers on one side of his face is because in the third book, A Tale of Two Kitties, he rips off one of his whiskers for the cloning machine he got, which resulted in Lil' Petey, his clone/son.)

1648421661564.png

This is Dog Man, the main character of the series. (I mean, the title is literally named after him.) I recreated the drawing of him that's shown on the cover of the first book. It's a tad bit wonky, but really not bad!
1648421744827.png

This is the rough sketch version of Dog Man I made. Even if it looks messy, I still strangely like it. Dav Pilkey always has this "Draw [character] in [number] ridiculously easy steps!" thing of the Dog Man characters, so that was really handy. This is the Dog Man one at the end of the first book.

you absolutely do not suck at drawing. huge props to “dog man” and dav pilkey for inspiring you to draw and share with us! your drawings are adorable! i especially love the rough sketch of dog man you did. ☺️

you absolutely do not suck at drawing. huge props to “dog man” and dav pilkey for inspiring you to draw and share with us! your drawings are adorable! i especially love the rough sketch of dog man you did. ☺️
Thank you, thank you for your kind words! I find drawing really fun and hope to get better and improve! I actually made some doodles while I was in math class, so I'll be sure to post about it! :]

You did an amazing job! I love your drawing of Petey, it is so cute! 🌟 l hadn't heard of Dog Man or Dav Pilkey (I now realise his work is very familiar), but I love the style that the animals are drawn in! 😊

You did an amazing job! I love your drawing of Petey, it is so cute! 🌟 l hadn't heard of Dog Man or Dav Pilkey (I now realise his work is very familiar), but I love the style that the animals are drawn in! 😊
Thank you, that makes me really happy! ^^ I also love my Petey drawing, and I promise that it's not biased. I also have some doodles to post here! :D (Of Dog Man, of course)

IMG_20220328_162505~3.jpg

This was kind of hard to get a decent picture since I drew this on the corner of the page. I also drew this in math class 'cause I was bored. XP I really like the shade of orange that I used!

IMG_20220328_162535.jpg

This one is simpler (as seen with the lack of color), but I like this one a lot! I showed it to my friend and she said that it was really cute. ^^

Apologies for not posting yesterday. I have some more doodles, which I'll post when I'm back from school. In the meantime, here's some art I made for one of my bestest online friends. :] I think this one is really nice!
1648640031815.png

I have another piece of art, but I don't think I can post it without getting banned or a warning for it... (•w•")

I made two drawings today! The first one is a Dog Man version of Kirby (for April Fools'), and the second is an Easter-themed one! :]
backupPreview~2.png

This is Dog Man in a bunny suit! (Erm, not that kind of bunny suit...) I will be using this as my avatar from April 2nd till the end of Easter. And don't mind the render of the Bunny Day basket, I wanted to have a bit of an AC theme and I was too lazy to draw it. XD
backupPreview~3.png

I have a confession to make: To those who thought the art style (or at least for the Dog Man art) is original, it ain't. It's practically the same as in the books. TwT

Anyway, recently I lost my bookmark, so I made one! The paper is fairly small, so I'll end up losing it eventually. 🥴 But I think it's cute!
And my god, the camera quality is straight-up awful. XD
1648859342762.png

I have a confession to make: To those who thought the art style (or at least for the Dog Man art) is original, it ain't. It's practically the same as in the books. TwT

Anyway, recently I lost my bookmark, so I made one! The paper is fairly small, so I'll end up losing it eventually. 🥴 But I think it's cute!
And my god, the camera quality is straight-up awful. XD
View attachment 435752
okay but the bookmark is actually so cute?? i’d use it in a heartbeat tbh. 🤩

Well, my friend, you're in luck! I was thinking of recreating it digitally, so when I post it here you can print it out and use it. :]
ayo that’s sick! i’ll literally print one out, don’t play with me lol. looks like i just found the motivation i needed to go through my list of hardcopy book recommendations... after all, i’m gonna need a few books to read to go with my bookmark. 😋

if you're just starting out drawing or practicing then that's perfectly fine. when I started getting serious about drawing I started out doing drawings of fakemon in the Pokemon art style (I actually just straight up drew pokemon and fakemon that weren't mine, though I never claimed them as my own), and a bit later I started drawing Super Mario stuff in their art style as well. from there I developed my own style, and I'm sure you'll do the same if you keep at it. until then just draw however you think is best for you :)

if you're just starting out drawing or practicing then that's perfectly fine. when I started getting serious about drawing I started out doing drawings of fakemon in the Pokemon art style (I actually just straight up drew pokemon and fakemon that weren't mine, though I never claimed them as my own), and a bit later I started drawing Super Mario stuff in their art style as well. from there I developed my own style, and I'm sure you'll do the same if you keep at it. until then just draw however you think is best for you :)
Many thanks for your words of wisdom! It totally makes sense now that I think about it, I mean I did say that Dog Man is what inspired me to draw. XP Hopefully I'll be able to find my own style eventually!

Anyhoo, I just finished a new art piece! It's Petey and his clone/son, Lil' Petey having a discussion, Pinky and the Brain-style. The writing got a little wonky as I got further, though. XD So happy that I got to draw Lil' Petey, he's such a cutie! >w<
57f49f4e-2935-4643-b749-e99a7953f899~2.png

I haven't posted in about a week, but luckily I got some new art to showcase here. :D

These are some sketches of Dog Man characters I did last night. Obviously they're not perfect, but maybe if I keep drawing them it'll get better. ^^
And I hate to say it, but these are probably the only normal drawings in my sketchbook. XD
IMG_20220408_175654.jpg

And I know that I didn't draw these, but where else am I supposed to post this? I noticed that this was in the back of one of my Dog Man books. And it's blank so you're supposed to color it, and that's what I'm doing! I'll be doing two small panels or one big panel a day, I really like coloring so I was happy to find this. ^^
IMG_20220408_181454.jpg

Back at it again with four new things to showcase! I wish I could update every day like I did at the beginning, but alas that is not the case. TwT

I will start with this random sketch I did of Petey. He seems to be shocked about something, and with the blush it's gotta be something, well... Actually, I'll leave it up to the viewer to decide. XD
Anyway, I might make a better/cleaner version of this and use it as an avatar. :]
1649862290133.png

What better way to practice drawing facial expressions than by doing this? I thought that just drawing a circle with a face on it would be boring, so I decided to add pointed ears, whiskers, freckles, etc. Does it look familiar?
I have created both physically and digitally. (I had to censor some of them because they weren't very appropriate...)
6fw6hvlqkdtq.jpg

1649862587428.png

And to finish it off, here is a sketch of... My winter boots. Yes, really. XD It's for an art project at school, we're drawing shoes but I decided to draw my winter boots instead. Unfortunately, my teacher said it was too small so I had to redraw it on a bigger scale, something that I'm not very good at. :,) But I still like this sketch!
1649862722718.png

Recreated one of the images above as I mentioned. I wish I put the face in another layer though, that way the blush doesn't go over it. Ah well, live and learn. I still think it's pretty good!
And what is Petey shocked about, you may ask? He probably found himself on a site about a certain internet rule.
I showed this to an online friend and they replied with, "That's him after seeing Dog Man naked" ...What the heck. XD
sketch1649865595332.png

Back