• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda's Art Gallery (and Awakening)

I made another drawing, and I really went far and beyond with a (simple) background this time. XP All jokes aside, I quite like this piece. It's my Mii and Lucía competing in a Table Tennis match.
It's based off of the time I almost beat Lucía (who's the Champion of this sport) with a 4-0 lead, and I lost anyways. Oh man, I was so angry about it. But hey, at least it inspired me to draw this!
And I drew Lucía with devil horns because I swear she's Satan. :LOL:
6139bfcd-6de4-4b73-a196-0961de4af6f1~2.png

I know it's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I got a drawing idea and it was so good I absolutely needed to commit to it. This is a Halloween-themed drawing featuring Wii Sports CPU Miis! (even though Halloween isn't for another 51 days... At least it gives me plenty of time to work on this drawing XD)
4aad1f43-4c9e-4f8f-a28d-cb95fe76586b~2.png

This is a very rough sketch so obviously it doesn't look that great, but I just needed to get the idea out there so I don't mind. I want to add a few other Miis like Matt, Elisa, Nick, Yoko, Asami, Haru, Eddy, Pierre, etc. But I don't wanna add to many characters, so I'll select a few and come up with ideas for their costumes. In the meantime, here are the Miis I drew along with their costumes (from left to right):

Sakura - I didn't give her a costume but I think I will for the final drawing, anyway she's giving out candy here
Lucía - literally Satan because I swear she's the devil in disguise XD
Eva - dressed as a vampire, notice the fangs I drew à la Abby-style?
Tyrone - I imagine that he lost a bet with his basketball teammates and dressed up as a puppy because of it XD
Tommy - he's "dressed" as a basketball player, which he already is so I guess nothing changes
Abby - subtle Poofesure reference? Perhaps...

Recently I've noticed that, even though she's one of my favorites, I never drew her at all until now. Of course, I'm talking about Yoko from Wii Sports. XD
Like I've mentioned before, there are 100 CPU Miis in Wii Sports/Resort, but I've only drawn a few (especially Abby). Honestly, I'm surprised I drew Haru and Asami first (who would probably get 'Adore' at best on that one Wii Sports CPU Miis tier list) before one of my faves.
Anyway, enough rambling. Here are some drawings of Yoko, one of my favorite CPU Miis. ^^ (For reference, she's the Mii on my current avatar and sig.)

This is the very first Yoko drawing I made! The reason it looks this good is because I used a reference. I didn't wanna mess it up on the first try. I also added a set of cat ears and a tail because I thought the drawing looked too plain. I think light blue complements her!
1663241445311.png

I was on the fence about posting this one because of the Ankha Zone reference, but I figured I should add it anyways. It is part of my current Yoko spiel and it's not suggestive, so I guess it's fine?
I messed up pretty badly on the head and hair, which is ironically the one thing that screams 'Yoko'. XD I think the problem is that the 'spikes' on the side of her head gives her a weird head shape when it's actually just her hair. I also didn't do her bangs any justice. Either way, I think this piece is good once you over-look those. :)

1663241435623.png

Because of the head-hair fiasco from the last piece, I decided to try a different approach. Usually when I draw I use a solid-black outline, but this time I decided to make the outlines a slightly darker color than the original colors. I think it looks really nice! Plus, I'm glad I drew Yoko's bangs properly. I wanted to see what this outline thing would look like with other characters, so I added Abby and Sakura. ^^
1663283401310.png

After how-many-days (I think it's been two weeks), I finally started my Wii Sports/Halloween drawing. I'm gonna take my time and make sure everything looks good, so I'll aim for one character a day - Today I drew Lucía. :)
Screenshot_20220926-185102~2.png

I also decided to make some changes. First, I gave Sakura a costume - She's dressed up as Princess Peach from the Mario series!
I got rid of Tommy because I'm not really good at drawing him (compared to other characters at least) and he was kinda... Irrelevant? Not sure what other word to use. XD So I replaced him with Yoko (who's dressed up as Ankha in this drawing, and yeah it's based off of the 'Yoko Zone' piece I made last time).
I also added another character, Haru (who's dressed up as Toon Link from the Zelda series, I think it just makes sense). I did this because I was considering making this drawing into my signature for Halloween, and I figured I should draw an avatar too. I didn't want too many characters, so I think I might get rid of Abby (as much as it pains me, that pose and face is too cute) so I can draw her for my avatar.
(These are sketches so they obviously don't look the best, ha ha.)
Screenshot_20220926-190535~2.png

I did say that I was only gona draw one character a day, but I really wanted to do more so I drew two characters instead - Eva and Tyrone!
I originally made that statement so I didn't take up too much time with my schoolwork, but then I realized that I actually don't have as much to do than I thought.
Anyway, that means I'm done with half of the characters! I still have Yoko and Haru and Sakura to draw, but I'm happy with my progress so far!
1664320958335.png

I drew two more characters for my current project, Yoko and Haru! (who are dressed up as Ankha and Toon Link respectively) Admittedly, I did struggle a bit with these two, but eventually I was able to make something I'm satisfied with. :)
Now I only have Sakura to draw to finish the drawing! (And technically Abby, but that's for my avatar.)
1664412339573.png
1664412346537.png

I'm very excited to announce that my art project is now finished! I drew Sakura (who was the last character I needed to draw for my signature) and Abby (for my avatar) today. I'm gonna set these as my TBT signature and avatar on October 1st till November 1st for Halloween. ^^ (Also I like my current aesthetic and I wanna keep it around for a bit longer.)
e8468385-1168-4553-8dc2-21544d1d535d~2.png
I cropped it to a square shape for convenience when I set this as my avatar.
39592b4d-2d01-480a-b546-c96bb3e98c2c~2.png

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I have something I want to share! The other day on the 24th of October, it was the 1-year anniversary of my friendship with one of my online friends (on a different site). We decided to do an art collab a few weeks prior to this (pretty much the same day last time I posted here), but we wanted to wait till the 24th to share it. I'm a little late to this, but thankfully I remembered before too long. 😅

Here it is! Their OC Jax is on the left, and my OC Kitten is on the right. This is the first time I drew Kitten, and I like how it turned out! I can only imagine how she'll look the more I draw her. ^^
1666816520361.png

Anyway a few days (or a week) ago, I started a new drawing idea: Wii Sports CPU Miis as Animal Crossing villagers! I only drew sketches for Abby and Sakura, but I have some ideas for others like Yoko! (Figures that I'll start with some of my favorites.) I like how these look already and I can't wait to start the actual drawings!
1666816645330.png
1666816655593.png

And while I'm at it, I decided to drop off some miscellaneous art that I forgot to post here previously. The first one is a drawing of Elisa from Wii Sports, a character I have not drawn before! Beef Boss is also part of it, but I've obviously drawn him many times. XP The second one is a random drawing of a cat because . . . Why not? I like cats.
1666816708028.png
1666816722452.png

I finished my drawings for my Wii Sports CPU Miis as Animal Crossing Villagers idea, and I really like how they turned out! ^^

I started with Abby. I made her a cat and gave her the catchphrase "beefers", both of them being Poofesure references. (Abby has a pair of cat ears in Poof's Tomodachi Life series and "beefers" is a reference to Beef Boss, the channel's main mascot and Abby's love interest in Tomodachi Life - It's also a nickname Poof gave to Beef Boss in one of his videos.) I also made her a peppy because Abby always seemed like a bubbly and energetic person to me (and energetic is the personality I gave to her in my Miitopia game). Even her birthday has a meaning - June 9th spelled out in numbers would be 6/9, and in my Tomodachi Life game I tested her and Beef Boss' love compatibility and it was 69%, which I thought was absolutely hilarious.
1667094596477.png

Anyway, the next and final one I drew was Sakura. If I'm being honest, the only reason I made her a dog was because I wanted to try drawing different species that aren't cats. Her catchphrase is "home run", which is a reference to baseball (seeing that she's the baseball champion in Wii Sports). Her birthday is April 10th because I wanted to give her a birthday that's generally during cherry blossom season - Sakura means 'cherry blossom' in Japanese, so I wanted that to tie in with something. I also made her a normal villager because they're usually very kind in AC, and I always saw Sakura as a kind and caring person (and kind is the personality I gave to Sakura in my Miitopia game).
1667094589669.png

I didn't mean to write two long paragraphs about my pieces, but I just wanted to give context on why I chose the things I chose for these Mii villagers. I wanna draw Yoko next, seeing that she's another favorite of mine - I'll just have to figure out how to draw wolf villagers . . .

I have so many drawings ideas that it's hard picking what to do first, so I made quite a number of sketches the past week or so. I might work on the final drawings sometime during the weekend.

Here are some simple sketches of Eva and Sakura (the former having a complete drawing made) - I tried drawing Sakura with a slightly different hairstyle to make it look more similar to her official design, but whether I'll stick to it are not is yet to be decided.
1668046443508.png
1668046451525.png

I've been drawing Abby with cat ears (and sometimes a tail when it's needed) for a while now, and I had an idea: What if I drew other Wii Sports CPU Miis with cat ears/tails? Of course, I didn't want to do just that, so I changed some of them to dog ears/tails instead.
1668046517123.png

1668083965098.png

And here are a couple miscellaneous sketches and a complete drawing of Eva. Sticking with my whole Wii Sports CPU Miis as AC Villagers thing, I did a sketch of Nick. I kinda rushed it so it doesn't look as good as I'd want it to be, so I might redo the sketch before working on the final drawing.
1668046596251.png
1668046664401.png

1668046685463.png

Last edited:
So I remebered about my villager sketch for Nick while watching Poofesure (which is a little strange considering that Nick was in like three videos and I wasn't watching any of those, but I digress), and I worked on the drawing . . . Mostly out of sheer boredom. XD

When I was done with the lineart, I realized that I used the wrong brush, so I had to redo it - Which is pretty disappointing because in my opinion, this one looks better than the final product. :,)
Oh yeah, if you couldn't tell it looks different from my initial sketch from a few weeks ago - I didn't like how it looked so I redrew it.
1668810422764.png

And here's the final drawing! Paired with all the redrawing and everything, this took me two hours to do, but I do like it! :]
1668810414113.png

This one's a little random but I drew Alfonso's face, who is one of Poofesure's Miis. He has quite an array of Miis, and my favorite is Alfonso (with Beef Boss close behind of course). I haven't drawn him fully yet, which I'll hopefully work on soon, but here he is. :]
1668810447429.png

I have returned with another AC/Wii Sports villager sketch! This one is quite a doozy, I'd say. I didn't want to draw Yoko as a wolf initially because of the intricate design, but I did anyways because I figured it was the species that fit her best. Anyway, Here's the sketch and lineart.
1669598980274.png
1669598989989.png

And here's the final product. I struggled quite a bit with this one, especially the face 'cause I had to kinda do a side angle. Also not too happy with how I colored in the tips of her ears and face fur (?) on the sides with little to no gradient, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this!
1669599027284.png

I also mde this drawing the other day for a fic I wrote and published. In the story Haru finds Asami crying behinds some bushes, and they become friends. I noticed that I did the layering wrong and put Asami's eyes over her glasses, though. ;w; I do like this piece, though!
I did put a signature on this drawing so people would know it was me who drew it - I go by a slightly different alias on the other sites though, which is why I didn't sign it as 'ZC64' or 'ZeldaCrossing64'.
1669599036163.png

Well, it's certainly been a while since my last post. I've been doing some drawings here and there, but I'm facing a bit of an art burnout, so here's what I've done over the past month.

First, a drawing of Nick. Since I changed the way I drew his hair, I wanted to see what it looked like as a 'full drawing' (sketch, lineart, coloring).
1672440379642.png

Second, we have Abby. I kind of prefer the sketch version I did (looks nicer in my opinion), but overall it's pretty good.
1672437480590.png

The devil herself, Lucia... This is technically part of my CPU Miis as cats/dogs drawings (well, sketches) - I wasn't sure if Lucia should be a cat or dog, so I went with both. And I added the whole devil thing because she's satanic. XD
1672437533887.png

A drawing of Elisa. I wanted to try drawing her hair differently, and adding the makeup (something I didn't do in my last Elisa drawing). I made her hair color too light, though.
1672440395553.png

A new face: Fumiko from Wii Sports! I don't believe I've faced her in Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort/Wii Party, but I do like her design. :]
1672439418323.png

After looking closely at Abby's official design, I realized that she has shoulder-length hair. I've been drawing her with long hair the entire time, so I made her hair a bit shorter. I really like how it looks!
1672439409975.png

Bonus: Sketches I did for (most of) these drawings here.
1672440598908.png

1672439848520.png

1672439862705.png

1672439885356.png

1672439936293.png

The devil herself, Lucia... This is technically part of my CPU Miis as cats/dogs drawings (well, sketches) - I wasn't sure if Lucia should be a cat or dog, so I went with both. And I added the whole devil thing because she's satanic. XD
okay but this is the greatest thing ever 😄💞

and as always the rest of your art is fantastic too! I'm seeing improvement in your art skill which is great!

okay but this is the greatest thing ever 😄💞

and as always the rest of your art is fantastic too! I'm seeing improvement in your art skill which is great!
Thanks so much, friend! I really appreciate it! 💕

It's honestly a bit strange to think about - Lucia is iconic and really fun to draw, but she's also my least-favorite Mii. XD

I mentioned it briefly in the What are you happy about today? thread, but I'm doing an art challenge for myself (and it involves CPU Miis from Wii Sports/Resort)! 👀 I'll probably make a post about it today or tomorrow. ^^

Big Announcement!!

Zelda's 100-Day Art Challenge
I love drawing CPU Miis from Wii Sports/Resort, but I often berate myself for always drawing the same characters. So for the start of 2023, I decided to try something new: An art challenge for myself, with CPU Miis!

(I'd do the same for Animal Crossing characters, but even with just the amount of AC:NH villagers [413] it'd take me over a year, so.)

To do this, I'm going to use the site wheelofnames.com/ to randomly pick a Mii out of the 100 and draw them.

Here are the rules I set for myself:

-Once the Mii is chosen, I can't spin the wheel again to get a Mii I want. I'm stuck with whatever I have that day. (Yes, I'm upset the wheel chose Silke when it was literally about to land on Pierre, mais c'est la vie.)

-I can only do one drawing a day, unless I miss a day and have to make up for it.

-No spinning the wheel ahead of time, so I don't plan ahead and so the mystery Mii will be a surprise.

-I will allow myself to draw one Mii of choice on my birthday (February 1st, or day 32) since it's in the midst of this challenge, assuming I haven't drawn that Mii beforehand.

These drawings won't be the best since I've only drawn maybe 10 Miis on a regular basis, but I'm super excited for this challenge!!

Anyway, here are the drawings I did so far!
First Mii of this challenge! Some people in the Wii Sports community like to remark on her big lips (they kind of are, but not to such an extent as others like Hiroshi or Shouta), so I decided to draw something about that.
1672954853118.png
Miyu was really quick and simple to draw. I like her design!
1672954869071.png
She was pretty easy to draw because she has the same hair-style as Elisa, but I also gave her the wrong eye color. ;w;
1672954880552.png
First male Mii of this challenge! He was fun to draw and I like his design. His name is similar to Subaru, so he points out that it's, in fact, not his name.
1672954894832.png
I can't believe I get to draw one of my favorite Miis so early! The funny thing is that I said to one of my online friends, "I hope I get to draw a good Mii on your birthday" and I actually did! I was excited to draw her, so I got started right away. XD
1672954907627.png

I could never do a 100 day challenge. I’d face burnout almost instantly. What you’re doing is very admirable. Good luck with the 90+ other Miis!

Zelda's Art Challenge ~ Days 6-15

New batch of entries for my art challenge! I meant to post this earlier, but I got a case of art block for a week in the midst of this challenge. 😅 Anyway, this roster of Miis was admittedly a little disappointing, with the exception of a couple of them I actually enjoyed drawing. ;-; Hopefully I get more interesting Miis to draw next time.

From now on, I'll be making a post for every 10 Miis until the end with the last 5 Miis and ceremonial conclusion!

Fun Fact, he's the only CPU Mii to not have eyebrows. I had a bit of trouble with the shades at first, but I think it looks pretty good.
1674347259240.png
Even though she's my least-favorite CPU Mii, this is the best drawing I've done so far in this challenge. I'm super proud of this one!!
1674347280168.png
I wanted to do something different, so I drew Ryan in a boxing outfit (since he's the beginner of that sport). It looks pretty wonky, but at least it's good practice for when I have to draw Matt. XD
1674347348976.png
None of the 10 Miis I draw regularly wears shades (Nick wears glasses but that's a different story), so pretty much any Mii who wears shades will be the bane of my existence. ;w;
1674347505992.png
Well, he sure looks interesting, to say the least. At least I got his face pretty accurate.
1674347544920.png
I don't think I was able to convey it here properly, but Theo design makes it look like he has a big forehead, which the Wii Sports community loves to point out. He's often referred to as "fivehead" because of it. I'm not sure why I gave him a tennis racket, though.
1674349428017.png
First Wii Sports Resort CPU Mii of this challenge! She kind of looks like a cat, so I gave her some cat ears and a tail. :3
1674349859753.png
Mike isn't actually cross-eyed, but it looked better that way as opposed to drawing it more accurately, I suppose. His hair looks poofy, but in reality he has a bowl cut. XD
1674349886252.png
Despite not seeing her much during my WS/WSR/WP sessions, I really like how I drew her! ^^ I think I got the shades down pat, haha.
1674349917577.png
I couldn't really get his face proportions right, especially the eyes. 😭 I also just realized that he has the same hair style and head shape as Martin.
1674350037881.png

Zelda's Art Challenge ~ Days 16-25

Well, I'm much happier with this post's Mii selection compared to last time. It started off great, became kind of meh in the middle, but ended on a great note.
I'm still have to do a few more drawings to catch up and be up-to-date, but I made a lot of progress already! ^^

I enjoyed drawing this Mii! I gave him a tennis racket because he's the Vice-Champion of that sport. In fact, I actually had a bit more trouble with him compared to the actual Champions of tennis, Elisa and Sarah.
Day16Tatsuaki.png
I was shocked, to say the least, when I ended up getting Matt to draw. Unfortunately, I don't think I did much justice for Wii Sports' most famous and well-known CPU Mii. ^^"
Fun Fact: Matt is the only Champion in the entire Wii Sports series to have two Champion titles, boxing and swordplay, but I chose the former.
Day17Matt.png
Kind of random, but this is the third Mii I drew in this challenge who is on Champion Sakura's baseball team (the other two being Miyu and Helen).
Day18Maria.png
I'm actually kind of surprised that I got his facial proportions right.
Day19Pablo.png
I didn't feel like drawing his eyes, but otherwise this drawing is pretty accurate. He kinda looks more friendly, in a way.
Day20Daisuke.png
The joke is that Hiroshi's lips are actually bigger than Silke's (I even mentioned him in the post with Silke's drawing).
Day21Hiroshi.png
I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited to draw him at first because I was a little upset that the wheel was about to land on Elisa before landing on him. But I really like his design, so it's not so bad!
Day22Sota.png
Despite his simple design, I had a bit of trouble drawing him, especially his face. He also kind of looks like a fish . . . Maybe he's Asami's father?
Day23Takashi.png
I get to draw one of my favorite Miis again!! It was nice drawing Abby so early, but after that I didn't get another favorite until now. Anyway, I wanted to draw about Eva's three best sports - She's the 5th best in tennis and boxing (I didn't draw any boxing gloves but I gave her the boxing outfit instead), as well as the Vice-Champion (or 2nd best) in basketball. I'm super happy with this piece!
Day24Eva.png
A more simplistic drawing, but I think it perfectly reflects Haru's official design. (Seriously, her face is super easy to recreate on a Mii Maker.) I can't believe I get to draw two favorite Miis in a row!
Day25Haru.png

We're a quarter way through this art challenge already! I've previously mentioned that I'm allowing myself to draw a Mii of choice on my birthday (day 32), which is only a couple days away from the time I made this post!
I made a list of potential Miis to draw for that day, which are: Yoko, Sakura, Nick, Abby, Haru, Asami, Eva, Pierre

Back