• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda's Art Gallery (and Awakening)

More art incoming! It's not as much as last time, but I'm pretty excited to show some of my pieces. ^^

To start off this post, here's my first drawing of 2024. As you can see, it's based off of something I 'drew' in Tomodachi Life, featuring one of my OCs named Danny (in Mii form). I think it turned out pretty well!
Screenshot 2024-01-03 1.31.41 PM.png

I'm still really into Metalocalyse, so I made a drawing based off a scene from that show. Just to be clear, the show is really not serious most of the time and is full of dark/adult humor, so expect a lot of profanity and overall craziness. 😂 Anyway, I drew Abby as Toki 'cause they have similar hair colors and are both innocent-looking, haha.
1704310100121.png

I did an art trade with one of my friends the other day, and I drew Sophie from Miitopia! They're the deafult Mii for the Great Sage role, hence the robe.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 5.39.47 PM.png

Here is the sketch version. I sort of prefer how I drew the face here. :v
Screenshot 2023-12-29 5.24.50 PM.png

Random sketches of Abby and Eva because I clearly cannot get enough of them. 😭
1704310545631.png

1704312722061.png

And finally, another Metalocalypse-based drawing, this time with Eva as Nathan (and on paper). I don't think this was based off of a particular scene, but the word 'brutal' is definitely used a lot. XD And usually followed by profanity, like in this case.
20231230_223326.jpg

Last edited:
It's been almost a month but I got some nice drawings to show! ^^

To start this off, here is my most recent piece! I've been listening to Limp Bizkit recently, which inspired me to draw this: Biskit from Animal Crossing as Fred Durst (the band's vocalist). It's one of my favorite ideas honestly. 😂 He's saying a lyric from the song "Break Stuff", by the way.
Screenshot 2024-02-02 6.28.34 PM.png

Here's the sketch version.
Screenshot 2024-02-02 4.45.44 PM.png

I played The Escapists 2 with my brother some time ago, and I drew my character! She's not really an OC, she's just a custom character with a funny name (Vick Conn, as in "Conn, Victoria"... Convict. XD)
Screenshot 2024-01-22 10.38.09 AM.png

I decided to do a renewed sketch of Dog Man! He's one of the very first characters I drew, so it's cool to see the difference in my art from 2022 to now. He looks pretty adorable. 😭
Screenshot 2024-01-04 3.47.16 PM.png

Here's me trying out a new-ish hairstyle to draw for Abby.
1706917702175.png

Got some traditional sketches, too! I won't show all of them since I did a lot of doodling in the past week, so I'll stick to the highlights.
Abby and Eva because... Well, you should know by now. 🤣💙🖤
20240110_150610.jpg

20240126_222456.jpg

Here's my traditional drawing of Dog Man! He's honestly a fun character to draw, hehe.
20240114_173221.jpg

And finally, Bob from Animal Crossing! I drew this for my friend's birthday, since it's their favorite villager.
20240202_104019.jpg

Edit: I just finished this, I decided to digitize the drawing for my friend! I always love drawing Bob, hehe. 💜
1706921373986.png

Last edited:
It's certainly been a while! I need to post in my art thread more. 😅 I've been doing lots of other stuff like listening to albums and indulging in my infatuation with rockstars, but at least I've been able to squeeze in some time for my drawings.

The first piece I'll show is from mid-Feburary. Eva has a cold and is pretty angry about it, which is honestly super relatable 'cause that's how I feel when I'm sick. XD It's based off a Metalocalypse scene of Nathan angrily complaining about his summer cold. (I had to edit the image since half of the text was swearing, haha.)
Screenshot 2024-02-29 8.56.34 AM.png

Here is a sketch of Olivia, one of my favorite cat villagers ever. I did do a final drawing, but I wasn't happy with how it turned out so I scrapped it. I always find myself liking the sketch more, anyways! The face is especially good in my opinion, so I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to recreate it well.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 6.24.51 PM.png

Here's my attempt of drawing my AC:NL mayor, Tootsie. I had a bit of trouble with the hair, but I'd say it looks decent even if it's not remotely close to the real thing. I suppose I like how the dress looks.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 8.33.05 PM.png

I was inspired to draw this thanks to my good friend @/xSuperMario64x ! After seeing his drawing of Bob, I decided to make a sketch of him spraying Olivia with a water gun. (I assumed that's what he was holding in Bug's drawing, haha.) Needless to say, Olivia is NOT amused about getting her fur wet!
Screenshot 2024-03-23 4.48.47 PM.png

I've noticed that I have a serious lack of art of my Animal Crossing OC/persona, so I made another drawing of them! It started off the sketch and I didn't bother to do the line art, hence why some parts are messier, but I still love this! It's certainly an improvement from my last piece of Char.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 6.45.44 PM.png

After drawing Char, I was reminded of another one of my AC characters, Nanuk. They're the villager I designed for the TBT's Villager Diversity event in 2022, and I wanted a reason to draw my OCs interacting with each other. Like me, Char is very antisocial and apprehensive of meeting new people, so they're not exactly pleased about the encounter. But Char will warm up after realizing that Nanuk is actually a nice villager!
Screenshot 2024-04-04 9.15.51 PM.png

This is something I drew for Easter. I originally planned to use it for my avatar (since it's a redraw of the same piece from last year), but I changed my mind. I think it turned out pretty well, considering that I only used a reference.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 6.51.11 PM.png

Unfortunately I lost all my Ibis Paint X files a few months ago, so I don't have the full drawing, but this is the avatar I used last Easter.
Screenshot 2023-04-02 5.52.53 PM.png

And finally, here's a drawing of Bob I made recently! I also used it for my avatar during the April Fool's event. I love how this turned out!
Screenshot 2024-04-01 4.57.49 PM.png

I probably have some good traditional drawings around, but I can't be bothered to search for them. But hopefully I'll be back with more drawings soon!

I'm glad to hear that Dav Pilkey inspired you to begin drawing! He kicked off my drawing shtick too, back when I was very little, and he helped to develop my art style (which I'm sure you've seen before in the Sketchbook thread). Keep it up! I better take notes from you so I can be more confident in drawing...

I'm so happy to see the drawing of Bob and Olivia omg!! 😭 it's so cute and made me laugh a little! I hope I can get around to finishing mine soon, it actually has a pretty funny backstory hehe 🤭

Back