The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Chocolate Cake
Green Candy
Chocolate Cake
Red Candy
JzHunGQ.png

Welcome to the New Flight Rising General Thread​
I hope this new thread will help with selling your hatchlings and advertising whatever you have to advertise! Thank you FireNinja1 for letting me recreate the thread! Past thread: {X}

This is not required but to reduce clutter in the thread from constant reposts of the same hatchlings, sales, or threads you can PM me instead to have your stuff featured here! I can always quote your comments in this first post. Most likely it will get more views this way.

BRB gonna edit the crap outta the main post because I've been M.I.A.
rumCRsm.png

☆ If you want your sales to be featured here please PM me with the details! Or PM me the link to your comment so I can quote it here

☆ Free postings for all hatchlings!

☆ You can keep them up here as long as you want to get them selling.

☆ If you have a banner for your sales - whether it be graphics, adoptables, or art please PM me the banner.

6j3l2vP.png

☆ PM with the thread that you want to be featured and any details you want as a caption. If you have a banner for your thread please PM it to me as well. Or PM me the link to your comment so I can quote it here.

Last edited:
BO0Rj3h.png

Member List Link: {X}

☆ If you would like to be on the member list please PM me or Stina with your TBT username, FR username, FR ID, and your current flight.

☆ If you have recently changed flights please notify one of us of the change!
cVP9EQN.png

☆ If you would like your hatchery banner to be featured here, please PM me with a link to your thread or the URL / IMG code.

Hatchery by Aryxia
Includes lots of dragons that qualify for many different breeding hubs; holiday hub, pastel goth, dark dragons, monochrome breeders, irishim. They have very reasonable prices.

Hatchery by Lafiel
Just recently opened the hatchery, however, they have about 40 pairs and a lot of color ranges and beautiful dragons to offer. Go check them out!

Hatchery by S a t a n i
Specializes in Pastels and Goth Pastels. Coatls, Wildclaws, and Nocturnes specifically. Just opened, but has tons of beautiful Iridescent, Shimmer, Crystals, and more!

ACF9EiG.png

Last edited:
Thanks :') lol feel free to post however you like, I added in those sections in the first post if you wanna get more views on your stuff : D or sell things quicker haha

Thanks for turning my tiny little OP into a colorful post of banners and stuff far beyond my ability and skill. Great job Nikki and Stina!

XAN IS GONNA STORE ALL HER INFO DUMPS HERE DISCREETLY SHHHH

THIS POST ISN'T QUITE DONE SO IT'S A LITTLE EMPTY AND A LITTLE MESSY, SORRY

I'M YELLING!

Progens
The two dragons you start off the game with. Short for Progenitors.

Gen 1, Gen 2
Gen 1 dragons are dragons who have no parents. All progens are Gen 1, but not all Gen 1 dragons are progens.
The number indicates the number of generations the dragon is from the farthest set of Generation 1 parents. A Gen 2 dragon has both parents as Gen 1s. Etc.

If generations are not the same on both sides of the family, the dragon is attributed the longer side. So a dragon that is Gen 2 on the father's side and Gen 3 on the mother's side is a Gen 3 dragon.

XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ, XXX

This refers to the pattern of colors a dragon has. X being one color, Y being another color, and Z being a third.
Examples:
XXY - Crimson/Crimson/Obsidian
XYX - Crimson/Obsidian/Crimson
XYY - Crimson/Obsidian/Obsidian
XYZ - Crimson/Obsidian/White
XXX - Crimson/Crimson/Crimson

Double, Triple
Having a dragon with two of the same colors (XXY, XYX, XYY) is also known as a Double.
Having a dragon with all three colors the same (XXX) is a triple.

CryFace
An abbreviated term for dragons with the Crystal and Facet genes.

IriShim
An abbreviates term for dragons with the Iridescent and Shimmer genes.

PiePain
An abbreviates term for dragons with the Piebald and Paint genes

Eyeburner
A dragon with such bright clashing colors they burn your eyes. Sometimes also called an Eyebleeder.

Pastel
Dragons with all three of their colors from this selection of colors:
color_zps44d3071b.png

Coli
Short for Coliseum.

Farming
To fight in the coliseum with the purpose of getting loot drops.

Grinding
To fight in the coliseum with the purpose of leveling dragons. Think of grinding a blade on a whetstone, to make it sharper.

Swipp
Refers to Swipp's Swaps, and items that Swipp asks for in his trades.

CR
Short for Crossroads, the system for transferring dragons from one user to

Pinglist
A collection of usernames with the @ symbol in front of them. Copying and pasting it notifies each of the users on the list. Pinglists are often used for sales or auctions when a number of users want notification of a change in circumstances (usually the last day of an auction, an addition to a store, etc)

Scry
To use the Scrying Workshop. Usually refers to the Predict Morphology option, but also used in reference to the other two options.

KS
Short for Kickstarter. Flight Rising was originally funded by means of a Kickstarter, and there were digital items and other things given away for users who donated money to it.

Beta
References the site while it was in Beta version (as opposed to the final playable version) when it was still in testing.

Scrolled
A dragon that has had a gene or breed scroll used upon it.

Scatter
Short for Tri-Color Scatterscroll. This is an item that changes the three colors of a dragon to three random other colors.

"A suggestion might be an actual beginners section perhaps (apologies if you have already done this, I've read so many different guides over the last few days I get mixed up!). Just a few bullet points on how to begin your first day (eg. choose your flight, then your dragon, take your time with the colours and breed, head over to your flight forum and say hi, pick up some free dragons, check out the fairground etc etc) just some pointers really to help ease new players into it, then the actual in-depth info would be in the spoilers already listed. That's just me though, sometimes I need things broken down into a few simple sentences to get me started."

Welcome to Flight Rising!

The first thing you'll do (after choosing your username) is choose your Flight.

A Flight is your elemental alignment. There are 11 of them in the game: Ice, Shadow, Wind, Water, Nature, Light, Lightning, Fire, Arcane, Plague, and Earth. I encourage you to choose the one whose description appeals most to you because that the majority of players choose based on the description. This effectively groups together users of generally the same mindset, which causes Flights to have distinct communities and different priorities and focuses. For instance: Shadow is the tricksters flight, so they have a lot of forum games. Wind is the flight of art and fun and games. Nature is the flight of nurturing and generosity. Etc.

After your Flight is chosen, you'll then get to choose the colors for your Custom progenitor. This is the only dragon you'll get to choose the colors for, so choose wisely! You'll be able to choose the primary and secondary colors, but the tertiary will be a randomly selected choice.

For more on how colors and genes work, please refer to my How Colors and Breed and Flights Work guide.

As soon as you've created your custom progen, you'll immediately be given another progen with randomly generated colors to start your clan off with. This dragon may be rather ugly, but I'd encourage you to keep it, at least until you're absolutely sure you'd like to get rid of it. Many users exalt theirs early on before realizing that colors and genes can be changed and regret getting rid of theirs when they start to develop their clan lore.

After you receive both your progens, the game will then prompt you to breed them together. Odds are, the color range created by your two progens is awful and will result in ugly babies. I bred my two progens together and have regretted it ever since, since I sold them both without naming them. Others are proud of the long lineage their progens have created. The decision is really up to you whether or not you breed them together.

Next up! Over on the left is a long list of links. Near the bottom under "Library" is the link for the Forums. The Flight Rising Forums are divided into two categories: topics about FR and topics unrelated to FR. At the bottom of the first section, right above the dividing line, are your Flight Forums. There is a general Flight Forum and a Flight Sales Forum. Only members of your own Flight can see into these, and likewise you cannot see into the Flight forums of any other Flight. This keeps the communities separate and growing on their own. Go on and head into your general Flight forum and say hi to your Flight-mates! There will probably be a bunch of welcoming threads there. After that, head over to your Flight Sales forum and pick up some dragons and maybe items for free from generous users!

It's advisable to ask for only dragons you really like, and avoid asking for anything and everything. Since you don't have much money at this point, space is at a premium, and it only gets more and more expensive as you buy lair upgrades. The ways of removing dragons from your lair are: selling/trading, giving away, and exalting.

Exalting is the game's way of removing dragons from the system permanently. Lore-wise it's seen as the highest honor a dragon can receive (it goes to serve directly under your Flight's deity), but in the community opinions are mixed. Regardless, it's seen as rude to take a dragon for the express purpose of exalting it. It's absolutely okay to ask for a dragon that you later on decide you don't like as much and want to get rid of, but don't automatically equate the dragon with a pile of money when you go into giveaway threads.

Try not to take dragons from threads that come with strings attached. "Do not exalt this dragon, do not sell this dragon, etc". While there is no way for the user to enforce these rules (once the dragon has left their lair they relinquish all rights to it), it is considered by most to be a faux pass to have giveaways with strings attached because it essentially burdens a new player with responsibilities that they may not understand the scope of at the time of accepting the dragon.

HERE is a thread discussing (and arguing) both sides.

Flight Rising uses a dragon transfer system called Crossroads, usually abbreviated as CR. The link for it is under the Shop heading on the left. Dragons "given away for free" are not actually free, the system requires that something be sent in return. The smallest amount that can be given is 1 treasure (1t), so this is what's meant when a user is giving away free dragons.

Pinging is another feature that FR uses on its forums. By typing an @ in front of a user's name in a forum post, it sends them a notification that someone has mentioned them. So if I was running a giveaway thread and you wanted to say something to me and be sure I would see it, you would include @Xanarcah in your post somewhere. When I reply to your message, I would include @(yourusername) in my post to ensure you were notified about my reply.

On FR, it's very common for users to post a picture of a dragon that links back to the profile of that dragon when they're talking about it. Like this:

On each dragon's profile, beneath their stats and colors and genes, is a button labeled Generate Code. Clicking it will result in a pop-up with the BBC and HTML codes for the image and URL link. Simply copy the entire BBC section into your message. Not only is it easy to do, but it also gives people a way to access your dragon's info beyond just a picture.

Scry around and get an idea of what kind of dragons you like. Your taste in dragons and colors and genes is bound to change over time, so don't be worried if you find you no longer like a dragon you bought because you fell in love with it.

All species of dragon have a 'rarity', which determines the length of the breeding cooldown. You can tell whether a dragon is on its breeding cooldown by the Egg with a red X over it at next to their gender symbol. If there is no egg, your dragon is ready to breed!

HERE is a link to more info about breed rarity and cooldowns.

Please also see my How Colors and Breeds And Flight Works spoiler for more info on breeding outcomes.

To feed dragons, you need to first go to your Hoard. Here, all of your items are separated into tabs. Choose which foods and the amount you'd like to feed to your dragons, and then click the Convert button. This turns your food items into points that your dragons consume. The Feed button is towards the upper right in your Lair.

All dragons have a different diet. If you mouse over on a dragon's picture in your lair, it will tell you what kinds of foods it will eat. Some dragons are picky and only eat one or two types of food while others will eat everything. The order of foods listed in their info box is the preference for foods they'll eat. For instance, Imps eat Seafood, Meat, Plants, Insects. If you have seafood points converted, they'll consume those first. If there are no seafood, or not enough seafood points, your Imp will eat Meat. Etc.

Additionally, dragons eat in turns by species and age. HERE is a good guide for that.

Right next to the Feed button is an Arrange button. This lets you move around the dragons in your lair. There can't be any spaces between dragons, but you can otherwise move them around in any order you like.

pinging etiquette
general dragon etiquette
- borrowing, nest rental, etc. Coli dragons and stones
- return dragons in same condition you received them in

Things to Get Started On Immediately:

Start a Coliseum Team - I cannot stress how useful having your own team of level 25 dragons will be. Registration windows are more or less always about a week before the next Flight Festival, which are extremely coli-heavy events. So choose three adult dragons you really like and get training! : D Here are two of the most popular guides to making a Coli team:
Culex's Guide
Kiena's Guide

Gathering - every day. You can change which regions you gather in, and different regions can yield different items. New items unlock at certain levels as well.

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew - Start transmuting whatever junk you have on hand. Build up a good selection of materials. It will come in handy, believe me. It's also a good way to make money in the long run.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile - Get one free item per day

Crim's Collection Cart - Make small amounts of money for junk items every hour. Watch out for the stuff that is actually expensive though, Crim can be sneaky like that.

Tomo's Trivia Tablet - An easy way to make 3k every day. HERE's a guide with all the answers~

Bond with Familiars - You can bond with a familiar by clicking the red heart button under the image of the familiar on your dragon's profile. Familiars give a small amount of treasure every time you bond with them and a chest every time you reach a new level of friendship.

Having a team of 3 level 25 dragons for the Coliseum can be pretty important if you want to take full advantage of all that FR has to offer or are the kind of person who likes to collect/hoard retired items. A lot of the events on FR lean heavily on the Coliseum, so it's definitely advantageous to having a team of your own. It's also easy to make money by fighting in the coliseum.

Things that involve having a leveled team:
- Farming for festival currency and chests
- Leveling fodder to exalt for money or for Dominance
- Farming for loot drops, either for money or for food; lots of familiars and apparel are also exclusive to the coliseum

The most popular stat build is known as a Glass Cannon build. Essentially it means that the dragons have very high attack, very high speed, and very low hp and defense. They hit really hard, really fast, but can't sustain many hits because they'll take a lot of damage. The idea is to wipe out your enemies before they can touch you.

Culex and Kiena have the two most popular guides for Glass Cannon builds.

Culex's Guide
Kiena's Guide

Essentially, the main takeaway points of the guides are as follows:

- Make sure that each level 25 dragon is equipped with Scratch, Eliminate, Berserker x3, and Ambush x2.
- Use a Tincture of Dissolution on each dragon (this resets all the allotted stat points and lets you spend them again. It also resets the stats each dragon is hatched with down to 5). Tinctures can be bought from the marketplace.
- Choose which build you want your dragons to have:

Culex's Kelp Beds Exalt Team Build
126Str/59Qck/6Vit

Culex's Farming Build
129Str/50Qck/13Vit

Kiena's All Purpose Build
126Str/58Qck/11Vit

The Kelp Beds build is designed to train one fodder dragon in the Kelp Beds for exalting, but is completely capable of farming in the other venues with ease. (Except for Harpys Roost). This is my favorite build by far and I have given it to the majority of my trained dragons.

Culex's Farming Build is designed for farming, especially in the Harpys Roost. Farming is the endless slaying of enemies as fast as you can for the loot that they drop, which you then sell for money or convert for food.
Harpys Roost has the highest drop rates for loot, which makes is a very popular farming venue.

Alternatively, there is Kiena's all purpose build, which I'm not as fond of because it doesn't seem as smooth to me as the Culex builds. But it's very popular and might be worth a try!

The following stones are absolutely essential for each dragon to have:
Scratch, Eliminate, Berserker x3, and Ambush x2.

The following stones are not essential, but are very useful for dragons to have:
Sap, Rally, Reflect

Scratch is the core of the glass cannon build. It does a minor amount of damage, but it builds up breath every time you use it. Breath is like energy or mana, you need to build it up so you can power your other attacks with it.
Eliminate is a powerful attack that does a lot of damage to an enemy. It costs 35 breath to use, but if the attack wipes out the enemy, that 35 breath is refunded to you. This is very very important.
Berserker stones add 5 Str, 3 Qck, and 1 Agility for each one equipped. You can equip a total of 3 Berserker stones to a single dragon, and you absolutely should! These stones are what boost your power levels OVER 9000!!!!! and make the Glass Cannon build possible.
Ambush stones grant the dragon 1 extra turn at the beginning of the battle. Each dragon can equip two. There is a long-standing glitch where the first dragon's first Ambush turn gets removed by the system. But if your entire team of three dragons has 2 Ambush stones each? You'll still get to take 8 turns before any enemies get a single turn in. It's amazing.

Sap functions like Scratch, doing the same minimal amount of damage, but instead of giving you breath it consumes it, and it gives you 1/4 the damage you dealt back as gained hp. If you've built up so much breath that you could stand to use a little in return for some hp, then Sap is a good way to go.
Rally boosts the attack of the dragon you use it on for 5 rounds. This is enough to let the Rallied dragon OHKO most of the monsters it comes into contact with.
Reflect is useful to have in the Kelp Beds because of the two bosses, the Mantarune and the Wave Sweeper. Both bosses have devastating elemental attacks that can be reflected back at them, saving your entire team from being wiped out.

Battles usually function more or less the same way:
- Use scratch to build up enough breath to use Eliminate.
- Go around OHKO-ing everything with Eliminate
- Build up breath on the dragons whose Eliminate misses
- Keep mopping the floor with everything that dares oppose you

Keep continuing on to the next battle as much as you can, because it gives you a bonus boost in exp (if you're still training a dragon), and also because your gained breath carries over from battle to battle. This is extremely important because it lets you mop the floor with any enemies that come to you as long as you've built up your breath. Especially in the lower levels, where enemies may never do a single point of damage to you once you've build your breath up enough to Eliminate them.

In the Boreal Woods and lower venues, you can OKHO every single enemy (except for bosses) by just using Eliminate on them. If you're using the Farming Build, you can continue to one-shot Eliminate everything through the Harpys Roost (except bosses). In higher venues, you'll either need to Scratch+Eliminate or Rally+Eliminate to wipe them out. Bosses excluded, obviously, since those aren't going anywhere fast with their 9000+ hp.

Link to Dom guide
throatspiders profit guide
why stoning a full team is worth it
- cost of stones, time for money to return
Fairgrounds... ask people about games cos I don't play them
Game tips

When it comes to Coli vs Fairgrounds, I prefer the Coli. But it also depends on which you enjoy more. The Fairgrounds is also capped at 75k per day, as opposed to the Coli where you can fight 24/7, barring rollover times if you want. The guide I sent on profit from item drops is actually somewhat outdated, since they've added a lot of new apparel and food and other trinkets since it was written. Which means that right now there are more good drops than when it was written, meaning more overall profit.

Farming to sell vs leveling fodder depends a lot on the timing of when you do it. For instance, if there's a big Dominance battle going on, the competing flights may have threads buying leveled fodder for extremely high prices. For instance, you joined during a week where Light and Nature were duking it out. They were both offering 16k for each level 7 dragon, and some of their receivers were offering +1k in addition to that price out of their own funds to try and help their flight win. That's 17k for a level 7 dragon. Training a dragon to level 7 takes less than 10 minutes. If you're using this very special build that can train two fodder dragons at once, you could sell both dragons at level 7 for a total of 34k. For 20 mins work. Even if you bought each adult fodder for 10k, that's still 14k profit.

If there's no big battle with high payouts, then you'll be exalting the dragons yourself. Here's a thread with the average payout the game gives you for exalting dragons:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775

If you buy your fodder from the AH, that takes a big chunk of the profits right there. But if you breed your own, then you'll get a lot more for your work.

Farming and leveling fodder don't have to be completely exclusive of each other. While you're grinding your fodder, you'll still be getting loot drops that you can sell for treasure. You just won't be getting them quite as quickly as if you were straight out farming.

Another thing about selling loot for money: selling food is a great profit venture. Not hoardselling it back to the game, but selling it to other players. On the forums, it usually goes for 20t/food point. Not per food item, but per point. But if you collect a half stack (50) or full stack (99) of it and stick it in the AH? You can usually get around double that. It can be extremely profitable to sell excess food.

And theeeen there are also the rare drops in the Coli. Eggs, rare apparel, rare battlestones, new or boss familiars, etc. Eggs go for like 140-170k each. Those might be worth saving until they release the new colors, actually, but they sell very quickly if you need the money sooner rather than later.

After a while of giving Baldwin anything and everything extra to reduce down, you'll probably have a lot of extras. Some are worth a lot (new or popular ones), but some are so plentiful they're hardly worth selling. You may notice that the cheapest familiars are worth 2500t when hoardsold, 3800t-ish in the AH, and if you reduce them into Muck... Copper Muck is 8.5k, Silver is 9.4k, and Gold is 18.2k. That's a huge price increase from the 2.5k you'd have gotten hoardselling them, for only 30 minutes of you waiting for Baldwin to work his magic. Keeping one of each is nice for your bestiary count, or maybe some you like for collection purposes, but after that? Turn them to muck and sell for big profits~

Basically, profiting from the Coli is all about squeezing money out from wherever it can be gotten. The Fairgrounds are much more straightforward, but don't offer nearly as many opportunities.

Dominance is the site-wide competition between Flights to see which can send the most dragons to their Flight's deity by exalting them.

Technically every Flight is competing for Dominance every single week, but the Flights have organized themselves so that they schedule "pushes" during certain weeks to try and take the #1 spot. Some weeks end up being uncontested (only one Flight going for #1), and some weeks are contested (two or more Flights going for #1), resulting in a battle. Some battles are planned in advance by the Flights, while others are a surprise and more spontaneous in nature.

The leaderboard updates every 15 minutes and the final Dom count is calculated at 23:50 on Saturday Night, server time.

Helping your Flight with Dom usually included leveling fodder dragons in the Coliseum and then exalting them. Fodder is simply a term for dragons you don't want anymore and want to exalt. Usually this means you were unable to sell them, or they were an unfortunate hatch. Some people breed ugly dragons together for the sole purpose of hatching fodder dragons to profit from. Others buy their fodder from the AH or directly from other users on the forums.

From a technical standpoint, leveled dragons are worth more than dragons at level 1. A lot of players suspect that their value is linear even though experience is exponential, but no one is 100% sure about the formulas being used to calculate everything. Regardless, the higher the level, the more the dragon is worth in the final tally.

Every day the Exalt Bonus qualifications under the Random Dragon on the FR homepage changes.

How Dominance works and ways to profit
- Fodder
- Big Battles
- Raffles
- ETERNAL GLORY FOR LIKE, A WHOLE WEEK

When you join the game, you join a Flight. There are 11 of them. I joined plague. All hatchlings born from my dragons will be plague dragons with red eyes. I can buy any other dragons from a different Flight and breed them together with no issues, but all the babies will be plague. For instance, I have a very pretty breeding pair, one of whom is Ice and one of whom is Arcane. All their babies are plague because I am in plague.

Eye Color Examples

In terms of dragons, Flight influences eye color and also elemental abilities and weakness/resistances in the coliseum. So all my plague dragons are weak to Ice attacks. Etc. That part is a little like pokemon.

The main intricacies of breeding dragons are Colors, Genes, and Breeds.

Each dragon has three colors and three genes. They are the primary, secondary, and tertiary.

Overview of how the genes look on dragons

Using my dragon, Carnival, as an example:

He is Lavender/Sky/Rose, Iridescent/Shimmer/Gembond. This means that his body is Lavender in color and Iridescent. His wings are Sky colored and Shimmer. His tertiary gene manifests itself as Rose colored gems all over his body.

This is his mate, Carousel:

She is Stonewash/Lavender/Rose, Iridescent/Shimmer/Gembond.

When I breed them together, the colors the babies inherit are based on a color wheel.

Flight Rising Color Wheel
Flight Rising Range Finder

primary colors are one range, secondary colors are one range, and tertiary colors are one range. Each color in the range has an equal, random chance of appearing. If the parents have the same color for primary, secondary, or tertiary, then the hatchlings will all have a 100% chance of that color in the same area. For instance, Carousel and Carnival both have a Rose tertiary. All of their hatchlings will have a Rose tertiary.

Additionally, their genes and breed have different rarities, so the outcomes are not always a 50/50 chance. Only the two genes the parents have are able to appear in the hatchlings. A pair with Iridescent on the mother and Crystal on the father can only have Iridescent or Crystal hatchlings.

Gene and Species Rarity Guide

Genes and breed can all be changed by buying scrolls from the Marketplace. Colors can be changed, but only by using an item called a Tri-Color Scatterscroll, which changes all three colors randomly. There is currently no way to change a single color on a dragon. If you want specific colors, you'd need to breed for them.

Gen 1s. Gen 1s are parentless dragons. Your progens are both Gen 1s. So are all dragons that come from unhatched eggs. As long as it says "parents: none" on the dragon's profile, it's a Gen 1.

They're popular for a variety of reasons:

It's aesthetically pleasing to have no parents and no offspring listed.
Lore reasons, maybe you have a character that has a mysterious past or was found abandoned, etc.
Breedability: since dragons can't be related for 5 generations in order to breed, dragons that are unbred and gen 1 aren't related to any other dragon on the site, so they can breed with any other dragon.

But really, the true reason is rarity.

Having an unhatched egg is like having a lotto ticket. You can get them from the coliseum or from gathering, so they're expensive/hard to get to begin with. And the dragon you hatched is a triple basic, starter breed. All three colors are determined at random. So getting two or even three colors that are popular or go well together is really lucky, not to mention having eyes that match. Or getting a double? The odds are amazing.

There are plenty of ugly Gen 1s that are worthless. Because ugly is ugly, no matter what the lineage. But something like say...

Blue/Black/Blue, matching Lightning eyes

Well, he's really cool. Black and blue together is a really popular color combo, a double (XYX), and matching eyes? Yeaaahhh.

Having a pretty gened up gen 1 dragon is sort of like a symbol of status. It's kind of like a trophy, a way to show off how hard you've worked on the game.

Whyyyy are Sprites so expensive?
- +KS and downtime items
- Battling the lag and no level 25s and builds and etc
- AH listings are not the same as actual value
- price fluctuations
- Festival chests and why net value isn't the same as liquid value
- Also liquidating big items
- How to buy big ticket items

Why are Sprites worth so muuuuuuch

Flight Rising doesn't have open registration yet (that is, registration that is open to the public 24/7). Instead, there are windows of time when new players are allowed to join.

Windows are usually once a month, the week before the flight festival. They are usually set to last 24 hours or so, but have often been extended for longer.

This means that the growth of the site doesn't grow steadily, but rather surges during these brief windows.

Xan's Faith In Retired Items
- If there's one thing I believe in in online economies, it's that retired/rare items will always inflate with time. It may not be soon. It may take a long time. But as supply grows smaller and demand gets larger, the price will go up and up.

Gem rates and why they dip/rise (WC Scrolls, Night Sky Silks, and Unreleased Genes)

Info on each flight

How to make money
- Games, exalting, farming, mp, buying gems, bonding with familiars, letting festival items inflate, selling festival currency, breeding and selling dragons

Night of the Nocturne - Why it was such a big deal and the impact it had on FR economy
- The setup
- New breed
- Cycling bears a big disappointment
- Falling prices on retired everything
- Old pm containing sprite prices from 02-19-2015

You can get different things by using your Gathering turns in different things. Hunting gives you meat, Foraging gives you plants, etc. Digging and scavenging give you different sorts of materials and some other assorted items.

In the Trading post, there is an area called Swipp's Swaps. This is a trading area. Swipp asks for certain amounts of certain items. If you have them, he'll give you an exclusive item in return. Here is a guide for what items he asks for and what items he will give in return:

Swipp Guide

That guide also lists where each material item can be found. These items are sought after because users want them to make the trades, so I'd advise not converting them into food or putting them into Baldwin's cauldron.

Here is a guide for what items can be found while Gathering:

Gathering Guide

A lot of items can only be unlocked after you reach a certain level in that type of gathering. A lot of them are very rare to find, making them expensive and sought after. If you have yet to find some of them, that may be because they're pretty rare. xD;

Aw man, I haven't looked at this girl in so long.

I forgot she was arcane! I might just be lazy and tincture her into being my new Mire dragon and just keep the plum tree boy I bought untrained.

/lazy

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused

So
Do I have to PM + Pay to post my hatchlings??
I'd prefer to save my BTB :/

I'm a bit confused

So
Do I have to PM + Pay to post my hatchlings??
I'd prefer to save my BTB :/
Well it's only 1 TBT per hatchling pic @___@ it costs close to 2 TBT to even post images and instead of constantly quoting your spoiler or post full of hatchlings it will be in the OP. But I can always make it free. I just didn't want to go broke T_T

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could always just put a quote of the hatchlings you post here in the OP if you'd like!

Well it's only 1 TBT per hatchling pic @___@ it costs close to 2 TBT to even post images and instead of constantly quoting your spoiler or post full of hatchlings it will be in the OP. But I can always make it free. I just didn't want to go broke T_T

iirc, It doesn't actually take bells away to edit?
The logs say it do, but I read somewhere that the logs are incorrect

iirc, It doesn't actually take bells away to edit?
The logs say it do, but I read somewhere that the logs are incorrect
I am unsure, but I changed the post, it is free. Sorry for the confusion .__.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe I'll just take out those sections if it's too confusing

Someone should give me some advice on what I should dress this lil bub in. His name's Cheongsam.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could always just put a quote of the hatchlings you post here in the OP if you'd like!

It only charges you bells if you are direct uploading to the site. The images of FR dergs are hosted on Stormlight's servers, so you aren't coughing up any TBTB unless you save the image you your hard drive and manually direct upload (but...why would you do that? Waste of time)

Editing doesn't charge any bells, the spend is to reflect the new value. It adds the value of the new post but removes the value of the old post. If it doesn't look that as soon as you edit, refresh, as it doesn't tend to show up until you've done a refresh for some reason.

On a FR-related note, some time ago, I had posted an image of a breeding pair but it was pixelated to oblivion and back, and I've just figured out a solution. I present to you, (my super basic) breeding card:
c4n2FAi.jpg

It looks a tad blurry, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
It only charges you bells if you are direct uploading to the site. The images of FR dergs are hosted on Stormlight's servers, so you aren't coughing up any TBTB unless you save the image you your hard drive and manually direct upload (but...why would you do that? Waste of time)

Editing doesn't charge any bells, the spend is to reflect the new value. It adds the value of the new post but removes the value of the old post. If it doesn't look that as soon as you edit, refresh, as it doesn't tend to show up until you've done a refresh for some reason.

On a FR-related note, some time ago, I had posted an image of a breeding pair but it was pixelated to oblivion and back, and I've just figured out a solution. I present to you, (my super basic) breeding card:
c4n2FAi.jpg

It looks a tad blurry, but what do you guys think?
Ah thank you for explaining this to me. It makes so much more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back