• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there's barely any fun events, but the people are very nice. (People on fr are nice in general though..)
Is lightning a competitve flight? I like competitive sort of things a lot, but not too extreme.
Yay! I think I'll join once my pastels hatch their egg. Sounds so fun!

I'm not into collectables anymore since they hold to no value to me anymore ;w; but I'm interested in that Loga for sure!
The lowest AH price is 125,000 k which is equivalent to 8.3k (going by 15kt = 100 tbt) but I'll pay 1k for it if you'd like!

hm, maybe? i remember seeing some team threads, but we are considered a dominance oriented flight so i guess so! oh.. had no clue it was worth that much XD i'd sell mine at 1.2 or 1.3 then, but i'll probably check in and see if anyone's still buying treasure beforehand! i'll definitely PM you when i decide

hm, maybe? i remember seeing some team threads, but we are considered a dominance oriented flight so i guess so! oh.. had no clue it was worth that much XD i'd sell mine at 1.2 or 1.3 then, but i'll probably check in and see if anyone's still buying treasure beforehand! i'll definitely PM you when i decide

please do! I really want one c: & thanks for helping me out w/ lightning!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Almost the light event yaay

What is that?

Light's festival, Brightshine Jubilee, is tomorrow! It's also the first festival in the new cycle of familiars and themed apparel, I'm excited to see what they are!

Since they're changing the way some of the items retire, I'm going to wait to post my full festival guide until the announcement. I'll post the festival basics as soon as I get home in like half an hour ~

Light's festival, Brightshine Jubilee, is tomorrow! It's also the first festival in the new cycle of familiars and themed apparel, I'm excited to see what they are!

Since they're changing the way some of the items retire, I'm going to wait to post my full festival guide until the announcement. I'll post the festival basics as soon as I get home in like half an hour ~

Please do c: I don't even know what to do for this festival.

New familiars?!

- - - Post Merge - - -

o wow
is there events like that for other flights?

I dunno tbh. I've only been in the past two events (water, and I think nature)

If anybody wants to buy some gems I am currently selling 403 of them at 1:580. First come first serve! I really need the treasure to upgrade my lair.

OVERVIEW ON FESTIVALS AND HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM THEM​

Each Flight has their own elemental festival at the end of a designated month. June is Light's month, with the Brightshine Jubilee!

During Festivals, you collect Festival Currency, which you can trade for festival apparel and familiar at the Festive Favors booth. You can either fight in the coliseum for the currency (monsters of the same element and also neutral element monsters have a chance of dropping currency), or find it by gathering in the same region as the festival. The next festival is Light's, so gather in Light and fight Light monsters! : D Light's currency is the Immaculate Tablet.

Traditionally, the Festive Favors booth sells 1 flight emblem, 1 familiar, 1 themed apparel that is part of a set, and 1 apparel item unique to the flight festival. They cost between 30 and 65 currency each.

This Brightshine will be special because it marks the beginning of the 3rd year on FR! The first festival year's familiar set was the Sprite collection with Armbands as the themed apparel. This past year was the Bears and the Sashes. There was a poll as to what the new year's apparel should be, and the results should be released right after rollover tonight~

There will also be 6 skins and 6 accents for sale in the Marketplace that will only be available during the festival and will retire afterwards. They're 35k each, but you can get them for cheaper (29,750) by having someone from Light buy them for you (provided they win Dom the week before). We have a few TBTers in Light here, so I encourage people to ask them to buy skins/accents.

In the Coliseum and also with Digging, you can find chests containing 6 of the accents/skins. Don't open them. D: They're usually worth more sold unopened than the skin inside is worth, especially around the end of the week.

Here is a magnificent guide to which coliseum venues are best to farm in for festival currency! It's not fully up to date right now because no one is sure which chests will drop from which monsters, but check back on it tomorrow and it should be more or less complete by then!

* This festival is going to be a bit chaotic because not only is the new familiar and themed apparel set due to be released, but they're changing up how some of the items retire. In the previous year, the emblem would always come back in the next year, the Sash would retire, the special apparel would retire, but the familiars would come back in a special event in December called Night of the Nocturne. There was chaos over this decision when people saw what it actually did to the economy, so a month or two ago there was another poll to decide how retiring of this year's items would be handled. We assume that the results are going to be released with the festival announcement after rollover tonight, so stay tuned for that~

Ways to profit from festivals:

- Sell your currency early in the week. Festivals start on Sundays and end on Saturdays at rollover. At the beginning of the week, currency can sell for around 2k each. It usually drops around the middle of the week and ends up around 500t each at the end. So you can either just outright sell the currency and forego the festival items, or sell them at the beginning of the week and buy them back for cheaper at the end of the week. I usually find around 1 currency for every minute spent farming in the coliseum, so that ends up being 60/hour. Imagine 60k+ per hour in profits.

- Buy apparel/skins/accents to hoard for later. They retire after the festival, so no more will ever be released. Takes some time for them to go up in value, but it's a good investment.
*I'll post about which Festive Favors items are the best investments as soon as they announce how retiring them is going to work

- Sell your Coli drops. After spending so many hours in the Coli, you're bound to end up with a bunch of loot to sell. : D Even the small stuff is worth a lot in large quantities, especially now that Alchemy has bumped up the prices on so many formerly cheap items.

- Train fodder dragons to exalt at the same time as farming for currency. You'll be in the Coli anyway, so why not?

That just about covers the basics. Ask me more questions if you've got them!
I'm serious, walls of text are my specialty. I have a degree in them.

I have a question! of course its me
In the coli, where are the most light monsters found? Is there some statistic on that xD

Also! Will the skins and accents in the market place be quickly sold out? Or will everyone have a chance to get one?
Thank you for making that! I would've been in the dark tomorrow since I had no idea what a light festival was

Last edited:
I heard the arena is good for farming currency? Also if anyone wants me to buy them stuff lmk! I'm in light :)

In the coli, where are the most light monsters found? Is there some statistic on that xD

Also! Will the skins and accents in the market place be quickly sold out? Or will everyone have a chance to get one?
Thank you for making that! I would've been in the dark tomorrow since I had no idea what a light festival was

Hope you don't mind me answering this - Yes, the guide Xan linked lists which venues are best to farm in during each festival, as well as percentages for each. For light, the Arena seems to be the recommended venue.

Festival accents and skins, like any other marketplace items, will be sold out, and quickly. Usually you'll be able to grab them more easily towards the end of the event (which is what I do, honestly) since by then the majority of players will have already bought their skins of choice, or gotten them dropped in Coli or from Digging.

The most Light monsters are in the Arena (17% Light). In addition, the Arena also has 28% Neutral monsters, which also drop currency and chests. The Arena is one of my very favorite places to farm because a dragon with 125+ str can OHKO any of the monsters in the Arena. Also, the food and material/trinket drops are really good.

Skins and Accents sell really fast the first two days of the festival. Because everyone wants them now now now. Around the middle of the week, like Tuesday and Wednesday, they just sort of sit in the mp and are easy to buy. I'd recommend asking someone in Light to buy on these days. : D

And no problem. : D I've actually been posting that same guide since April, just with various little tweaks to flights, etc.

I hope you enjoy your first FR festival, make sure to use all your gathering turns in Light tomorrow~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Usually you'll be able to grab them more easily towards the end of the event (which is what I do, honestly) since by then the majority of players will have already bought their skins of choice, or gotten them dropped in Coli or from Digging.

Except don't wait until Saturday to buy them. Saturday is generally hellish to snipe in the mp because aaalll the last minute buyers are trying to get their skins. I waited til Saturday once (because I didn't have any money at all until like 9pm Sat night) and it was probably the most stressful festival experience I've ever had. xD;

So, uh, don't procrastinate on it like I did.

is the coli on mobile being weird for ahyone else? the option to fight monsters is gone and sprites are all over the place..

is the coli on mobile being weird for ahyone else? the option to fight monsters is gone and sprites are all over the place..

It's working for me :0
What mobile device do you use? If it's Apple, ios 7 & 8 are notoriously screwed up with FR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back