• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that i got pretty lucky on my progens, i got an XYY random and a nice colored custom (at least imo lol), but i have no clue how to gen my tundra. does anyone have any ideas? also curse spring, i think i only like it in iridescent XD

[/url]

I would do Iri/Shim/Circuit.

My random progen, I'm not a fan of.

I want to put the ancient radiance accent on him (because obvs the clan leader's mate has to rep Light like she does). But I am 200k t short of the cheapest price for it on the AH. So sad.

Where is the suggested place in the coli this week?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really hope that apparel acts like the windbound plumage :000

Last edited:
First gathering turn, gets a chest.

I-what?

Spends last five on digging, get my first egg.

ajskajsgkjh!

Last edited:
Congrats!

does anyone want him? he's XXX!

Also, all of the hatchlings in my lair are for sale (even the female imp, just haven't decided on a price yet).

Last edited:
Like, I have a really good feeling about this event for me... just got my second chest right when I started grinding...

Congrats!

does anyone want him? he's XXX!

Also, all of the hatchlings in my lair are for sale (even the female imp, just haven't decided on a price yet).

Aww he is so handsome! I'm forcing myself now to save lair space for my own hatchlings but I hope he finds a good home! :)

Like, I have a really good feeling about this event for me... just got my second chest right when I started grinding...

Wow you're on FIRE *hahaomgno* that's so awesome, hope the luck continues!

I got 31 embers gathering today, resisting the urge to spend any, lol. Gonna jump in the coli with my fingers crossed now :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Woohoo, grabbed an Ambush from the pile today, I really needed that! today is gonna be a good one! :D

What if in the Coli the dragons and familiars were accurately sized. I can just imagine like using a fae and imperial and you can hardly see the fae and the imperial is just like a foot or like half of their face ducking down into the screen. XD And like fighting the moths and bugs and they're all tiny and your dragons just smoosh them in one hit. >.<

Someone with photoshop skills make this happen.

Last edited:
Happy flame forgers everyone ^^. I'm having a run of good luck so far I've got quite a bit of currency, loads of brewing materials for currency and the skins, found a chest and had a Cleaver drop while in the coli (I've really wanted one) :3. How's everyone else doing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is awesome ^^, chests do seem to be dropping more this festival.

Happy flame forgers everyone ^^. I'm having a run of good luck so far I've got quite a bit of currency, loads of brewing materials for currency and the skins, found a chest and had a Cleaver drop while in the coli (I've really wanted one) :3. How's everyone else doing?

Two chests and a bonus fire egg, already bought a familiar and almost have enough for the crown, busy grinding. Lucky you! Where did you have the cleaver drop? Also I am working on getting my goos but I keep getting red and I need two more oranges. >.<

- - - Post Merge - - -

Third chest!

Two chests and a bonus fire egg, already bought a familiar and almost have enough for the crown, busy grinding. Lucky you! Where did you have the cleaver drop? Also I am working on getting my goos but I keep getting red and I need two more oranges. >.<

Nice :D, I haven't spent my currency yet as I like to do it when I'm done in the coli for the day. I have a skin about ready in the brew and will probably make a few of each, plus lots of the 20 bundles currency. If I get more orange goo's I'll send a few your way :).
I got it in the scorched forest, I love it so much I put it straight on my little horror :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow and another chest! Congrats ^^.

Nice :D, I haven't spent my currency yet as I like to do it when I'm done in the coli for the day. I have a skin about ready in the brew and will probably make a few of each, plus lots of the 20 bundles currency. If I get more orange goo's I'll send a few your way :).
I got it in the scorched forest, I love it so much I put it straight on my little horror :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow and another chest! Congrats ^^.

Aw he's very handsome, and thanks for the offer but I wouldn't want to impose. I just made one more now I just need my last one, I don't really care for the other skin available...

And I was totally just casually browsing the AH and spent all my money on another glimmer babe, it looks so spacey and is the perfect match for the fae I already have. But now I am totally broke and I was supposed to save for my lair expansion... Terrible. Her cuteness kind of makes up for it tho...

I love this festival already.

Skins exclusive to Baldwin is really exciting, there go gravel and shale prices ~

HIJACKING MY OWN POST, GOTTA STICK MY FLAMEFORGERS GUIDE HERE OOPS

OVERVIEW ON FESTIVALS AND HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM THEM​

Overview On How Festivals Work

Each Flight has their own elemental festival during the last week of a designated month. August is Fire's month, with the Flameforger's Festival!

During Festivals, you collect Festival Currency, which you can trade for exclusive festival apparel and familiars at the Festive Favors booth. You can either fight in the coliseum for the currency (monsters of the same element and also neutral element monsters have a chance of dropping currency), find it by gathering in the same region as the festival, or Craft it by using Baldwin's Brews. The next festival is Fire's, so use your gathering turns in Fire and fight Fire monsters! : D Fire's currency is the Glowing Ember.

This festival, the best farming locations look like they'll be the Arena, Scorched Forest, Woodland Path, Bamboo Falls, Rainsong Jungle, Forgotten Cave.

The Festive Favors booth sells 1 Flight Emblem, 1 Familiar, 1 Themed Apparel that is part of a set, and 1 Unique Apparel item specific to that flight festival. They cost between 35 and 65 currency each.

The Emblems and Crowns (this year's themed apparel) will cycle back in the future and be obtainable again, but the Apparel worth 65 currency and the Familiar will retire, never to be released again.

There will also be 6 skins and 6 accents for sale in the Marketplace that will only be available during the festival and will retire afterwards. They're 35k each, but you can get them for cheaper (29,750) by having someone from Fire buy them for you. I don't think we have any tbt-ers in Fire, so I encourage people to ask a Discount Shop in the Item Sales Forum to buy skins/accents with the discount. Don't forget to leave your buyer a little tip!

Skins and accents are difficult to snipe from the Marketplace on the first few days of the festival. Around the middle of the week they're much easier to buy since the rush has died down. On the every last day, especially as it gets closer and closer to rollover, the Marketplace will turn into a mad frenzy of people trying to buy their skins and accents last minute. So buy your skins and accents during the middle of the week and save yourself the stress.

In the Coliseum and also via Digging, you can find 6 different chests, each containing one of the accents/skins. Don't open them. D: They're usually worth more sold unopened than the skin inside is worth, especially around the end of the week, because of their value as a collectible item.

HERE is a magnificent guide to which coliseum venues are best to farm in for festival currency! It's not fully up to date right now because no one is sure which chests will drop from which monsters until the festival actually starts, but check back on it on Sunday and it should be more or less complete by then!

Festivals run from Sunday at 12:30AM server time until Saturday at rollover (midnight server time). So remember to use up all your festival currency and buy the skins and accents you want before then!

Ways To Profit From Festivals

- Sell your currency early in the week. Festivals start on Sundays and end on Saturdays at rollover. At the beginning of the week, currency can sell for around 2k each, sometimes more in the very early morning on Sunday. It usually drops around the middle of the week and ends up around 500-600t each at the end. So you can either just outright sell the currency and forego the festival items, or sell them at the beginning of the week and buy them back for cheaper at the end of the week. I usually find around 1 currency for every minute spent farming in the coliseum, so that ends up being 60/hour. Imagine 60k+ per hour in profits.

- Buy apparel/skins/accents to hoard for later. They retire after the festival, so no more will ever be released. Takes some time for them to go up in value, but it's a good investment.

- Buy extra apparel and familiars from the Festive Favors shop. Even if you don't like them, they will be retired and retired items have a strong tendency to go up in value over time.

- Sell your Coli drops. After spending so many hours in the Coli, you're bound to end up with a bunch of loot to sell. : D Even the small stuff is worth a lot in large quantities, especially now that Alchemy has bumped up the prices on so many formerly cheap items. Food sells for around 20t per point on the forums (not per food item, per point), and much higher than that in stacks in the AH.

- Train fodder dragons to exalt at the same time as farming for currency. You'll be in the Coli anyway, so why not?

- Keep an eye on the prices of festival chests. There are occasionally one or two chests that are somehow rarer than the rest, and are worth more because of this. On the last day or two of the festival, they will often skyrocket in price because collectors who haven't found them yet are desperate to complete their collections and buy them.

- Trade festival currency for other retired items. During festivals, the Item Sales board is full of people willing to trade their old, retired items for festival currency. It's a once a month chance to be able to work through some of your wishlist items for something that drops in the coliseum pretty regularly, so take advantage of it if there's something you've been wanting! Try to secure a trade in the early part of the week before the value of the currency goes down in order to get a better deal for yourself.

That just about covers the basics. Ask me more questions if you've got them!
I'm serious, walls of text are my specialty. I have a degree in them.

Quick Links

- Festival Coliseum Guide
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1388514/1

Haven't finished leveling a team yet?
- Culex's Guide
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710
- Kiena's Guide - Which also has info on mage/healer builds that might be handy for farming in the Golem Workshop
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/937136

FAQ

Absolutely! Check out the Golem Gauntlet from last year. It was the Thundercrack Festivale's apparel item from 2014, and was sold for 65 festival currency. It's sitting at a cool 970k, lowest in the AH at the time of this writing. (07-25-2015)

If it's easy to earn 65 currency in an hour or so, you can consider that 970k for an hour's worth of work back them. An hour's worth of work back then is worth waaay more than an hour's worth of work right now. Essentially you're letting time push the value up for you, and it's the easiest way to make money.
Get another item, for sure.

Let's say you have 65 currency, and the decision to save it or buy another piece of apparel. If festival currency goes for around 2k the morning of the first festival day, you can expect to get roughly 130k for 65 currency.

On the other hand, last year's apparel item, the Golem Gauntlet, is now worth over 900k. The Electrified Sash (worth 30 or 35 currency last year) is sitting around 275k.

So go get another item. It'll probably be worth more than any currency you have left over by next year.
Sure you can! I usually find around 130 or so festival currency in a week's worth of Gathering, which is aaaalmost enough to get one of each Festive Favors item, minus the Emblem, which I personally never see the need to buy. They're also recently introduced Baldwin's Brews as a way to craft additional currency. There are recipes for lots of 1 currency, 2, currency, 5 currency, and 20 currency. You can buy festival currency from other users in order to make up the rest of the amount you need/want.
They have a discount of over 5k per skin/accent. A full set of all 12 skins/accents costs 420k without the discount, but only 357k with the discount. That's 63k per set. You could get two more skins for that much.

Last edited:
i got about, uh, ten glowing embers in digging/hunting? *cries* oh well, i'm brewing up a volcanic queen skin right now, i think that it could be pretty popular because it's such a pretty skin!

Hurray got my last orange goo, and then also spent a ridiculous amount of money on genes for my dragons... your welcome whoever I put as my referred! >.<

Aw he's very handsome, and thanks for the offer but I wouldn't want to impose. I just made one more now I just need my last one, I don't really care for the other skin available...

And I was totally just casually browsing the AH and spent all my money on another glimmer babe, it looks so spacey and is the perfect match for the fae I already have. But now I am totally broke and I was supposed to save for my lair expansion... Terrible. Her cuteness kind of makes up for it tho...

Ty, she's one of my favourites, I need more gothic and horror dergs. Aw ok well I see you managed to get some thar goo's, awesome ^^.

That baby is gorgeous :).

Ty, she's one of my favourites, I need more gothic and horror dergs. Aw ok well I see you managed to get some thar goo's, awesome ^^.

That baby is gorgeous :).

Yes, finally, I started the skin so I am happy now! Also yes, she is definitely going to need the stary silks when she grows up. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back