• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst Town Fruit?

Choose!

• Total voters
Screw pears tbh. But I also don't like cherries. The perfect ones just don't look as nice...I'd rather have apples.

Not surprised at all seeing Pears and Oranges being terrible to many. :p

I don't really hate any of them tbh, because I think they can all save a purpose depending on what kind of town you want to build.

I really didn't care much for oranges until I wanted to make an orange-and-blue themed town and I never would've been able to do it if orange trees didn't exist.

I also used to loathe pears but golden perfect pears look AMAZING on wintery brown trees in golden-themed towns. I guess it's kind of a bummer that normal pears are still barely distinguishable from trees for most of the year, but what choice did the creators have? Pears are green, there's nothing you can do about it :p

Welp, finally found a good map, and I got Pears as Town Fruit. Lol.

Bump.

I guess I didn't realize you could basically replace your native fruit by planting any other fruit multiple times, I might just do that. I have a peach town which I like because it reminds me of cute lil princess peach, but Apples were my first and favorite fruit in the game. I actually agree with oranges being the ugliest, might be because it really isnt special to me in any way.

I personally like all of the town fruits, but my favourite are probably pears and cherries. When I was younger I'd always hope to get cherries but I've pretty much always gotten pears, and now pears have grown on me, especially since I had an inside joke with one of my friends about them.

But if I had to pick a least favourite, I would probably also have to say oranges, because even though I love them in real life, and I don't particularly hate them in game, they are kind of basic and boring.

Pears are one of my absolute favorite fruits irl, but I hate how they look in the game. I wouldn't accept a town map if the native fruit is pears. Why do they have to be so delicious.. yet so boring? :(

Apples are my favorite in-game fruit, the perfect ones look so gorgeous!

Aw man I started with pears. Okay I'm not gonna lie. I prefer cherries and peaches. Pears are gross.

this post makes me s o sad bc the 2 worst fruits ppl picked are the only two collectibles OP has

this post makes me s o sad bc the 2 worst fruits ppl picked are the only two collectibles OP has
Nah I have more collectibles lol. I'm just looking for someone to buy them. :p

But yeah ironic that the two collectibles I have rn are the most hated.

I guess that Pears and Perfect Pears are a bit dull, but I don't really think that they are
an abomination to your eyes.
I don't really judge any of the fruits, but in my opinion, Pears aren't as colourful and flashy as the others.

Last edited:
I don't like oranges in game or real life! Especially the perfect oranges as they look really weird to me.

I'm odd and love the pears though!

i don't eat oranges but i like the oranges because having an orange tree is very tropical and it's weird on a regular island. i don't like the pears because they're dull

The hate on pears is real lmao

I honesty like all the fruit. I like the way apples and cherries look but if I was to restart my town, I honesty wouldn't care what kind of fruit I got. I don't think there is a 'worst' fruit.

I'd have to say pears because they're so boring to look at. Canaan has them but I can't do anything about it because I got the best map I could possibly imagine and I'm totally in love with my layout. Not to mention that Canaan is almost 4 years old...lol.

I think the reason pears are looked down at is that they don't look so good when they are grown in large quantities. I only have a couple of pear trees, and I quite like them as a little touch around my Police station. But 'everything pear' can feel dull and subdued to me, as their color doesn't contrast well with the trees they're on.

To all who hate pears: Try planting a small number of these trees with red-colored fruit trees. You'll find that they make great secondary fruit - just not exactly the primary type.

Yeah I've got to agree with pretty much everyone else haha, pears are definitely my least favorite fruit in the game. They're just not nearly as pretty as any of the other fruits, maybe because the green fruit on green trees doesn't stick out as much so it doesn't look as colorful? Idk, apples are probably my favorite, then peaches, oranges, cherries, and pears are dead last. I might like them more than some of the island fruit but still not a huge fan overall :/

Back