• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the worst fruit you have ever eaten?

Do you like any of these?

• Total voters
Another fruit that I don’t like very much is the lychee. Tried once and I hated the flavor the moment I licked it and I spit it out but since my dad was in the room, I secretly put it into my pocket and excused myself to the bathroom where I immediately flushed it down the toilet. I also don’t like apples very much if they aren’t cooked like in applesauce or baked in a pie. I just don’t seem to notice a lot of flavor in most raw apples apart from Granny Smiths. I don’t eat bananas because I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to them because whenever I do, my mouth burns and itches for hours and I can’t get rid of it at all. Being autistic actually makes it feel worse because I can’t ignore the sensation because it feels like my mouth is being stung by hundred of bees and it’s all I can focus on.

pears are literally the worst fruit i've ever eaten but i love the flavor (pear flavored things i mean)
worst mouthfeel ever

pears are literally the worst fruit i've ever eaten but i love the flavor (pear flavored things i mean)
worst mouthfeel ever
I’m really picky when it comes to pears. I will only eat them if they’re soft but nn it to the pointy it’s too mushy.

from this list it would be between durian and starfruit. i don't think i've tried any other fruits that were as bad. i'm not a fan of anything sour as well.

I feel like I'm able to eat most fruits, but I avoid some of them for some reason or another:
  • I dislike bananas even though I can eat them (and I like banana bread).
  • And then... blueberries... I try not to eat them because they're either just OK or a textural nightmare for me 😔
  • I like papayas, but I ate warm papaya once (in snow fungus papaya soup thing -- I like it cold usually) but the aftertaste of it made me want to puke? It was super weird for me. waste of a perfectly good dessert smh

pineapple 100%! i ate a pineapple one time long ago, and i had a really strong adverse reaction to it. i had ONE SLICE and it still made me sick as a dog, and since then, i've not ate or drank anything pineapple-related :( i'm too scared to take any chances and try it again.

Back